With new alert triggers (strength), Alerts can start really fast .. or realllly never ever ever ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rooklie, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Rooklie

I'm really not sure the new alert system changes anything to be honest, I mean, in a positive way.

I didn't look up the stats to prove it, but I was online for like 7 hours tonight.

I started on Indar, then saw another continent was open so poof! Redeployed.

Not sure how long it took but it really wasn't long until an alert started.

Once that alert was finished, I checked the maps / continent, Indar was still open but there was another, Amerish, so poof! Off I went.

Same thing, fight a bit, and alert triggers...

All right that's nice, I like alerts. Anyway after that, back to indar again.

____

So there had been 2 alerts (esamir and amerish) while Indar was open, think there might have been Hossin too but I was on INdar at that time and no alert triggered on Indar.

Not only that, but I spent the rest of the night, which is like what, another 4 hours? 5 hours? something like that, fighting on indar, and still no alert.

I think your "strength" thing needs tweeking cause it seems like we're either getting no alert at all for hours and hours or lots and lots of alerts in a very short time.
  2. Rooklie

Remember Indar? That opened last night? Maybe around 18h or 19h (my time duh :p)

Well, it's 10:30 in the morning now. And Indar is still open without any alerts..

Is that even intended?
  3. Johannes Kaiser

The Indar T kills the new system there.
  4. Rooklie

I think I understand why this happens now.

_________

TLDR

With the new system, sub-alerts (free max, free air etc) don't stop happening and a lock down can't trigger while a sub-alert is active.

The patch didn't only change the "alert thermoter", ie : "strength" vs "continent ownership %"' (or in other words, Alert triggered at 100 strength or at 41% continent control).

Before the patch, there would be a series of sub - alerts (free MAX, free air etc) but when all of them had happened, there wouldn't be any. There wouldn't be any sub alert at all.

So as soon as one faction owned 41% of teh continent, bam, alert would start.

With this new system, the sub-alerts never stop.

That means that even if a faction reaches 100 strength, if that happens during a sub-alert, then the "big" alert won't start. (cause lock down alerts doesn't trigger if a sub alert is running).

Sometimes (often), during the time of the sub-alert, the faction will lose the strength it had, and so when the sub-alert ends, instead of the lockdown alert triggering, we have to wait for a faction to reach 100 again.