Windows 8 trouble shooting

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Xada, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Xada

I have a friend who has windows 8 (har har) on her computer and is trying to launch it through steam, but after she gets past the launcher, the game immediately closes. Does anyone know possible fixes for this, I've been looking up possible solutions, but only find similar, but not exactly situations with workarounds. Lord Higby, please help me add another to our rank, for freedom!
  2. Campagne

I keep getting that too, (on Windows 8 as well) but without using Steam. When I do get past it, --i.e. the client doesn't just abruptly crash-- I can't select my character without it saying "Logging in" continually and crashing after X minutes. :(
  3. Bambasti

• Up x 1
  4. jackjt8

It worked fine for me.
    i5-3210m 2.5GHz
    6GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Intel HD 4000
    Windows 8/8.1 64bit

As Bambasti suggested, update DX9. Also try and update your graphics card drivers. Also! How much RAM does you system have free?
  5. Sliced

Check your AV and FW.
    I believe Windows 8 uses Windows Defender by default?
  6. Xada

Might try the DX9, made sure she updated her drivers before we even installed the game, had her check her FW and stuff for correct exceptions. If that don't work, I got a ticket open with her MSinfo and dxdiag, hopefully they can help us.
  7. user101

So if you can read --- ??? The spec. say PS2 run in Win XP & 7 not Win 8 or 8.1 ..... !
  8. jackjt8

Well... Hence the reason I am help these guys out. SOE aren't going to do anything. But PS2 works fine on windows 8/8.1 as I said in my previous post. If you can read --- ???
  9. user101

Yes it works fine on your machine.... not there's.... show me the time Windows does not have a million update to fix stuff....
  10. jackjt8

Er... Well the fact I only ever have an update from Microsoft once or twice a month, if you're lucky, proves you're wrong.