Windows 10 + SLi = Scaleform Insanity

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by StarzSpirit, Sep 27, 2015.

1. StarzSpirit

So, just today I decided to finally upgrade to Windows 10, since I really like the new user interface they've incorporated with it, and it runs just as good as Windows 8.1 in my opinion(after some tweaking). Anyways, I run two GTX 680s in SLi, and I've come to realize that Planetside 2 doesn't like this, especially on Windows 10. In Windows 8.1, I already had stuttering while using AFR2, and resolved that with SFR. Now I can't fix it at all. This is resulting in heavy artifacting. The game runs smoothly, but it's unplayable with polygonal colors flying everywhere on my screen. It's only this game that produces this, and I've found that H1Z1 also produces this, and if I'm correct, both of these games run on an identical engine. I believe it has to do with Scaleform not playing well with SLi, like normally, and was wondering if anyone has found a workaround yet, or if the guys at DBG have any information on whether this issue is being worked on, or if there is anything you guys suggest I do.
  2. StarzSpirit

I found a fix, but not really. So, if you are running Windows 10, but want SLi on for Planetside 2, or H1Z1, I found that running a Windows 8.1 350.12 driver, solves all of the artifacting, but then you have the FPS loss and stuttering caused by scaleform back. So, it's a win-loss situation. For now I'm just gonna keep those drivers for compatibility reasons, but at this point, I'm forced to run a single-gpu setup for the game, since it doesn't play very well with the UI.
  3. jonny8525

Yes, Im having this same issue. Hopefully they will add some performance support for win10 and SLI.