Will we see the original Planetside faction only transports?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hodo, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Hodo

I was reading and remembering the original PS1 faction specific transport vehicles, like the Leviathan, Vindicator and Juggernaut.

Or the Marauder, Thresher and, Enforcer assault buggies.

Less common pool.
  2. Niv

Probably they will added the combat buggy as some kind of DLC in the future.
  3. Daedrick

tansport is completly meaningless in a game where bases are so close to each other and you can get there really quickly using ''deploy'' or the spawn rooms after dying. Not only that but vehicules like the flash or any ESF that are dirt cheap completly negate transport vehicles because players are very individualist and impatient.

I have a fully certed galaxy, Im a great pilot with it, I gain 5xp every time someone I deployed get a kill and I serve no purpose at all.

Im basicly a huge piniata of XP for my enemies, thats all Im useful for.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hodo

The galaxy got screwed when they removed the AMS from it. It cant carry vehicles, it has horrible guns, and is a giant target that moves at the pace of dead.
    • Up x 1
  5. Daedrick

AMS have nothing to do with transport. Strap an AMS on it or not, it still doesn't change the fact that transport is worthless in a game where teleportation and cheap vehicles exist. Plus the fact that base are 1 minute apart for footsoldier. Its longuer to wait for the galaxy or any transport to fill, even at an outpost swarming with allies, then it is to walk to the next capping point.
  6. munsosl

I'd like more faction-only vehicles in general. I know that it is difficult from a balance stand point, but every faction having the same flash, lightning, liberator, and galaxy is boring. I get that we all use a common arms dealer for weapons and vehicles, but it makes the game incredibly monotonous as well as quite confusing at range because the vehicle models look the exact same, so if you don't have the little blue triangle above a vehicle at a distance, it is quite possibly not friendly however that triangle distance is considerably less than the render distance.
  7. Masterjts

I hope they add in a map that has 2-3 times distance between bases. Right now the maps are so tight that it causes more than just transport problems. There is absolutely no fighting between bases. You have this great terrain that goes unused because all of the terrain between bases are inside the attack zones for the base defenses.

The maps need to be 2-3 times bigger or have less bases.
  8. Hodo

The only continent where a Galaxy is vaguely useful is on Amerish, and thats only because of the shear number of high mountains. But even then its still a bit quicker to just get a Sunderer with a racer chassis and someone who can drive to most of the bases.

This has been my problem for a while. I dont care if they actually are armed differently, at least make them look different.
  9. Zakuak

I to would like more faction specific vehicles. I don't know about balance but heck if they made 3 different types of buggies...give each one the same amount of weapon hardpoints. The weapons them selves could even be the same stats just look different.

I was a little put off by the faction shared vehicle approach in the game. Why couldn't they have a sundy for each faction? I understand the fact that each additional vehicle would probably of added to the games dev time but again, keep the stats the same on them just make each one look different..

All in all it's no big deal to me and won't ruin the game lol but it would've been nice to have each faction with a very disinct look and feel to them.
  10. Daedrick

Then why do you suggest more transport vehicules fully knowing there are completly useless, what you really want is faction specific vehicules. I agree with that, lighting and liberator being the worst possible thing they could make faction wide, I mean the lighting for the vanus, really?
  11. Hodo

Because I didnt put the second part that I was going to talk about. The need for a 4th larger continent with less bases.
    I didnt say that earlier because I didnt want this thread to turn into a discussion about that.

And more transport vehicles doesnt mean there will be more, but that they would replace the Sunderer.
  12. Daedrick

Totally makes sense, I should have knew, silly me.

They have already all the difficulty in the world fixing the already very broken game I dont see how completly redesigning a vehicule is even remotly realistic given the current circumstance. Slightly changing they ''skin'' to look more like they belong to their faction is more reasonnable and even then I dont see it happening a year from now.
  13. Katana

The enforced. Muhahahahahah so many kills.