Will there be a refund option for either the Dalton or Zephry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by axiom537, Jun 9, 2014.

1. axiom537

So, you bought the Dalton for its AV capabilities
    And then you bought the zephry for its AI Capabilities

Now, that the Zephry is being changed to a mutli-round AV weapon and the duster is now replacing the Zephry as the premier AI weapon.

It only stands to reason that SOE should allow players to refund either the Dalton or the Zephyr, so that they can purchase the Duster, so that they have an AI specidic weapon, like the zephry had previously been. rather then 2 types of AV weapons...

Otherwise, I am going to call Foul and say that is a really ****** thing to do...
    • Up x 3
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

One word: Shredder
    • Up x 1
  3. Alarox

Will there be a refund option? I hope not.
    • Up x 7
  4. Leftconsin

Refunds happen when something's functionality gets changed. Functionality does not mean what it is used against, it means what the thing actually does. Example: Nanoweave used to add health, now it is damage reduction -> certs got refunded. The AV-Turret's range was cut by more than half -> no certs refunded.
    • Up x 1
  5. axiom537

That is a different weapon, less specialized and FREE...

The Zephry was the AI weapon system of the liberator and the Dalton was the AV weapon.
    Changing the Zephyr to AV and making a new weapons which must be purchased as well the new replacement for the zephry is BAIT and SWITCH plain and simple.
  6. IamnotAmazing

they only refund when they completely change the mechanic, ie nanoweave, they don't refund nerfs ( ie the lockdown nerf, shield nerf)
  7. axiom537

Why? We bought the Zephry as an AI weapon, it is now being changed to be primarily AV and they are now offering a new weapon for AI purposes.

That has a pretty bad smell to it, if they do not offer players the option to drop either the Dalton or Zephry, so they can get the Duster which is the new AI weapon...
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

after Dalton got nerf - were no refund, players just switched to shredder.
  9. HadesR

Worrying trend that we seem to believe we are owed refunds with every change that is made ..
    • Up x 4
  10. DxAdder

The Only cert refund I can remember is when they did the nanoweave changes.

SC will never be refunded.
  11. axiom537

• Dalton is intended to be the premiere anti-tank weapon
    • Zepher will be similar to Dalton, doing slightly less tank damage, but being slightly better at anti-personnel due to its 6 round magazine
    • Duster is intended to be the premiere anti-personnel weapon and will be receiving some buffs
    This is a near complete change to the weapon. This isn't a nerf this is a complete change to a weapon, that was originally purchased as an anti-infantry weapon, now it is becoming a multi-round AV weapon like the Dalton and the duster is now becoming the anti-infantry weapon.

I'm sorry but this is not acceptable. I purchased the Zephry as an Anti-Infantry weapon, now that is being changed to an Anti-vehicle weapon and I am expected to purchase a new Anti-Infantry weapon, because they changed the one i purchased previously...
  12. axiom537

We purchased an Anti-infantry weapon...the Zephry

It is being changed to an Anti-vehicle weapon and we are now left with out an Anti-infantry weapon because of this change in function and expected to purchase another weapon if we now want an Anti-infantry weapons

And you don't have a problem with this?
    • Up x 1
  13. axiom537

That was a nerf not a change in function or role...
  14. Mxiter

so maybe should SOE exchenge the zepher (old AI weapon) with the duster to those who bought it (new AI weapon).

Dalton will still be the best AP weapon, it will just have a lower velocity.

No needs refounds.
  15. dstock

Was the old Saron refunded when it went from a 1-shot sniper with charge-up to a 6-shot dookie slinger?
    • Up x 1
  16. Maelthra

That changed how the weapon functioned, not its' intended role.
  17. dstock

Right, so it was a change to functionality. It still fills the same role.

But please, answer my question. Was it refunded in any way?
  18. Elrobochanco

This is pretty close to how it is right now. It's not a radical change, the zephyr is a 6 round wepon that can do AV damage and AI damage. All they said was that it might be less splashy for AI and do more to vehicles. That's a tiny nerf/possible buff. Still effective against all targets it is right now.

You are reading into language that isn't there.
  19. IamnotAmazing

That's not a mechanic, a mechanic is the way a weapon works, not its' stats
  20. Phyr

no.
    • Up x 1