Will PS4 share servers/accounts with PC?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Merix, Dec 26, 2013.

1. RyanGUK

I really hope we have PS4 players on certain servers, maybe not all servers, prefer to have some left to be PC-only and PS4-only but I'd love a bit of cross-platform massacring.

Though... PS4/PC servers will be spammed with "PC MASTERRACE". That'll get annoying.

btw, conversation was about whether they'll share servers, not which is better (M+KB/Controller)...
  2. FA_Q2

And, as already pointed out, the VAST majority of users will not have that setup for their PS4. IOW, the support is meaningless if the players, on average, are not using it. Planetside requires people top play it in order to generate income and one of the surefire ways of ensuring that people are NOT logging on is to make them easy fodder for the computer users who are going to be the majority of the population in the beginning.

For that reason alone – it will be far more profitable for SOE to separate the servers. The games themselves are going to be massively different from a developer’s standpoint anyway – I am not sure how difficult it would be for SOE to integrate them either. I am pretty confident that the servers will be 100% independent from each other.

What interests me more is if those transfers are going to be a cost item or if I am going to be able to play the same characters on both platforms. I think that the former is going to be the case unfortunately as I would not mind being able to pick my player up on the console when I didn’t feel like using my computer but the computer is still going to be my go to gameing system. I think that means PS4 Planetside is out of the question for me :(
  3. WarpGuN

Hope we can use same account and char. on PS4/PC.

the tweenies will probably stay on pc...they can't afford ps4+home theater system+60inch tv
  4. RovingDeath

LOL I do almost the exact same thing, but with a G9X. My mouse is on the arm of the couch.
    • Up x 1
  5. Sen7rygun

Would make for an interesting dynamic lol. Game pads would dominate for ESFs, but for everything else there's just no beating KB/M.

Every cross platform venture ever has been a total failure due to the PC master race molesting the crap out of console cannon fodder.

Turn based games work fine cross platform but anything where real time precision control is a factor just gets dominated by the PC.
  6. Sordid

Yes, because that's what console gamers are going to do. Buy mice and keyboards. With which they're going to play on their couches, mouse on one knee, keyboard on the other. Or maybe they'll buy monitors as well and make PC-like desktop setups for this one game, hm? And then unplug and move their consoles back to the living room where their TV is every time they want to play another game. Does that sound likely to you?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Here's a pro tip for you, because I'm feeling generous: Before you say "your argument is invalid" or something else arrogant and dismissive like that, make sure that the argument you're referring to is actually invalid. Otherwise you're just making a fool of yourself, like you just did.