Will PS4 share servers/accounts with PC?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Merix, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Duvenel

Just thought I'd add that what HadesR said is true. There's been mention of possible character data transfers but nothing has ever been promised to us.
  2. Dark Pulse

Off-topic a bit, but this is always why I hated "Pros" who turn their settings down to literal crap just to gain an advantage. It's part of why I never got into Quake, and it peeved me off since you could do similar things in Unreal Tournament III.

I mean, brightskins weren't enough, you gotta make the level look literally untextured too?

Thank GOD you can't do this crap in PS2.
    • Up x 4
  3. Winfield

I agree, but people do still do put graphics on low just to get an advantage, EVEN in planetside 2.
  4. Bulltahr

No and no, according to Higby.
    There is a plus tho and that is that most of the tweenies will migrate to PS4 and the new youngies will start and stay there.
    All good!!!
  5. JesNC

Have you tried flying an ESF with a controller? Just curious, since I can't find a good setup for the life of me - the 2 analog sticks are simply missing 1 axis (either ascend/descend or throttle) and I have no idea where to put that one without compromising all the other controls...

Any input would be appreciated :)

PS: Other than that, my game controller works perfectly with PS2.
  6. travbrad

Aaand that's why they will never allow console players and PC players on the same server. It's also the reason a lot of console shooters have some sort of aim assist. Controllers are actually better than kb/mouse for certain games, but FPSs definitely aren't one of them.

PCGamer Magazine also had a match awhile ago where they played a highly rated Xbox Halo clan in the PC version of Halo. The XBOX guys used controllers, and got destroyed by the PCGamer guys who used mouse/kb (in a game they had barely even played).
  7. shd

People used to strip down graphics in quake 3 engine games because it had fps breakpoints where you literally couldn't perform certain jumps if you didn't have enough fps. I agree that doing it for visibility kinda sucks.

But games back then were played because of gameplay value, not visuals. That's why those games are played to this day and all the modern crap gets forgotten faster then the sequels can come out.
  8. Beef Wellington

Cross-platforming was tested in the past with Halo. It didn't end well.

Average PC players would utterly decimate even the most expert Xbox players. The keyboard/mouse advantage is way too great when put up against a console controller.

That's why you'll never see that again. To the console players, we're all a bunch of aim-bots.

:Links:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ms-killed-pc-xbox-cross-platform-play
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/21262/xbox-vs-pc-scrapped-because-of-imbalance/
    http://gizmodo.com/5593116/were-pc-gamers-too-good-for-microsofts-cross platform-gaming-project
  9. janeTEXAS

Planetside 2 will have aim assist on PS4
  10. JokeForgrim

Pretty sure there was talk about selling a transfer token or something so you can transfer your account to ps4. (dont know about europe and the whole proseiben thing tho)

Although judging by the success of implants, server transfer tokens and re-cert tokens its gonna be another thing on the roadmap for another year :'(
  11. Vinakis

I followed the links in the second vid to their forum source, and I have to say...
    Thank you forumside for not devolving into that drivel. I could feel my IQ dropping with every post I read!

(note, not a comment on the subject, just those on the other forum. controllers will always be inferior to keyboard/mouse until someone makes direct neural interfacing)
    • Up x 1
  12. IamDH

5th post was basically L2p rofl
  13. Meeka

Gamepad is nowhere near superior to M+KB.

Flightstick + mouse, absolutely.
  14. Meeka

There's a difference between a joystick and a flightstick.

Use a flightstick that you can configure, such as a decent LogiTech one, and you'll never want to touch the gamepad again. I have gamepads and flightsticks, for flying, you can't beat the flightstick.
  15. RovingDeath

• Up x 1
  16. Dark Pulse

Yes, bunnyhopping had an optimal FPS (125, IIRC). And it was actually a physics bug, which they fixed, and then rebroke on purpose due to massive outcry.
  17. travbrad

PS4 may support kb+mouse, but I bet most PS4 owners don't/won't have one. If SOE wants a lot of PS4 players to play the game, requiring them to buy a mouse+kb to not get owned isn't a good idea. A lot of people's consoles are in places where it would be hard to use a mouse+kb as well. Using a mouse+kb on the couch is pretty difficult unless you have a special setup with something to put your mouse+kb on.
  18. treeHamster

I've thought about getting a PS4 and sticking it on my desk with my computer so I can run around trashing arm chair generals (kiddies and the brotards).
  19. FieldMarshall

For the sake of argument, i have to say that i play on a laptop sitting in my sofa
    using a crappy mouse on the seat next to me without a mousepad, and i do just fine.

I bought a mouse for ~8$, and i still have money for food...
  20. Hobo Jack

planetside2 on ps4 will natively support mouse and keyboard your argument is invalid.