Will people PLEASE stop switching sides?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Quiiliitiila

Damn, during the alert on Waterson just a little while ago TR was giving us Vanu a great fight from Quartz Ridge to Hvar. Suddenly as the alert began to wind down we began to loose troops and the TR began to gain them. WTF Waterson Vanu? We usually work so well together, but jumping ship to get some certs? That's low.

As the last few minutes dwindled away our pop plummeted while TRs rose steadily until we were fighting such ridiculously stalked numbers I had to log off because I wasn't having fun any more.

Have some pride, stay with your team the whole way through. Don't fly the coup when you start to have a rough fight. We could've easily held Hvar for another 30 minutes until the alert was over, but NOOOOO. When the going got tough and at our blackest point we lost almost a quarter of our numbers and our fate was sealed.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mr_Giggles

So what you are saying is that a whole bunch of people just jumped ship to get 5 certs seeing how you earn alerts certs based on time + objectives covered now.
  3. Swoo

They really need to add this to the loading screen in big, bold letters. Jumping ship with an hour or less to go in an alert just isn't going to give you a payoff anymore, yet the Fourth Faction just doesn't seem to get it through their heads.
  4. Total_Overkill

Lets be honest, who do you know that mains a Waterson VS and has a lowbie TR waiting in the wings? Raise your hands... not many i'd wager.

Its not Vanu that are switching, its bored TR players on their VS toons not wanting to miss out on their winnings.
  5. Quiiliitiila

Well, I didn't know that but they jumped ship for something... The population plummet on the VS side and the subsequent pop jump on the TR side seems to imply that many people logged on to the TR side. Do I know for sure this is what happened? No, but it seems unlikely that 15+ pop of Vanu just decided to log off during a major defensive movement and TR got roughly the same amount.

Perhaps they knew we (VS) were most likely going to be gated soon by the TR and wanted to have in on the action.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against the TR winning. We had some GREAT fights towards the beginning of the alert, but when people started jumping ship it got pretty lame.
  6. Quiiliitiila

Wow, never thought of it that way :p
  7. MorganM

Was it giong to be a dominating victory? That's really the only reason now to switch because as others have cited you get squat for certs doing that now. So I guess 5 certs is better than 0 in a dominating victory =P
  8. Quiiliitiila

Nope, not dominating, but the way things were going the VS were most likely going to be gated in an hour or so. When people realized that they might've switched sides or continents I guess. It really only made matters worse.
  9. LowTechKiller

What? I thought Waterson was the Shangri-la of Eastern US servers...
    You mean they're not perfect over there? As a Mattherson soldier, I'm quite disappointed.
  10. CaligoIllioneus

I switched to VS for this alert and the main problem was that there were too many Vanu fighting the NC over that worthless lump of rock that is Scarred Mesa Skydock. There were 48+ people on each side, VS was defending and farming easy certs. It actually made me quite upset as both sides were hurting their own faction, TR is overpopped so it's not like we had many people to spare for that mini Crown, but when I asked the others why they hadn't gone to Hvar only one answered and he said that "he was having fun".

They didn't fail Vanu, they failed themselves.

Still, the battle for Hvar was one of the most epic battles I have seen, especially that TR MAX crash, I was spamming concussion grenades (MEDUSA MAGIC) at them and farming people with the Lasher (which is one of the most fun weapons I used)
    • Up x 1
  11. Quiiliitiila

Yeah, I noticed we had a hearty amount of troops over in that region, and we could've used them. We also had like 25+ troops in Allatum Biolab, which we could've used as well.

Hell yeah it was epic :D That MAX crash came REALLY close to finishing us off entirely but in the end we repulsed them, only to be swept away like 10 minutes later when the shields fell.