Why You Shouldn't Play Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Robes, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Jawarisin

For a second there, I thought you meant we shouldn't play Planetside 2 because of peoples like you who uses A2A lock-on. Go whoever killed you, Go!
  2. Latrodectus

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. Ownasaurusrex

Do you have evidence of the kill board that shows out of his last 100 kills, 20 kills were tks?
  4. Ownasaurusrex

The whole naming and shaming thing shouldn't be disallowed. What's the worst that can happen? People banding together to bring about social justice? What does ousting a person on forums do to their ingame account? If SOE is too incompetent to detect hacks, cheats, and monitor blatant teamkilling... It's up to the community to oust these players on the forums and await justice by a higher authority. Silencing those who name names is bullcrap and lets wrongdoers hide in the shadows of the incompetent GMs.
  5. JazzaW

Tk'ers just make me log off everytime, not going to waste my time, plenty of other games to play. Come back later on.
  6. FocusLight

I love all the "oh bo hoo you got TK'ed once" whiners in this tread.

Check the offender's killboard. 8 team kills in a row with a MAX that finally get stopped by another TR with C4.

Yeah, he totally took revenge for someone ramming into him. :rolleyes:

These are the kinds of intentional TK'ers who are a pestilence on this game.

Top of that, you got the kind who get TK'ed once by someone else by accident and in spite of a sincere apology goes out of their way to kill you and half your team as "revenge".

Hell I wonder what triggered the 8-man killing spree. The guy that killed him with a Trac-5 S maybe?
    • Up x 1
  7. Selrahc4040

8. Robes

What Selrachc4040 posted.
  9. Ownasaurusrex

He should be banned on his TR account only not all of his accounts.
  10. Argotitan

As someone who plays engineer, I'm not a big fan of team killing either. It sucks running up to repair a tank only for it to go in reverse and run you over. :-\

Then, there's the times when you're running to repair a tank, and another tank runs you over.

Then, there's the times when you are repairing a tank, but another tank crashes into the tank you're repairing and runs you over.

Same thing happens as medic. You're reviving a friendly only to get shot by another friendly who doesn't see what you're doing, but blames you for getting caught in the crossfire. :-\

GET OUT OF THE WAY!

Eh... the dead guy's here. What? Do you want him to move?

NO IDIOT! I WANT YOU TO MOVE OVER THERE SO I DON'T SHOOT YOU!

Right... so now, I stop moving as much as possible so the bad guys can shoot me more easily instead of you?
    • Up x 1
  11. Robes

Meaning more intentional tk rather than accidental, friendly fire as it is is good for the game, just need a better way to deal with people such as in the op that doesn't involve spamming forums.
  12. Kociboss

It has a catchy title though.

I expected a thoughtful analysis.
  13. stalkish

FTFY.
    I mean this thread is a prime example of even the MODS not reading their own forums, blatant rule break, no lock. Any actual dev worth anything will never even hear of this thread, let alone read it.
  14. lilleAllan

a2a missiles are a better argument for not playing Planetside than ******** friendlies.
  15. Taiji

I agree they could try to fine tune weaponlocking.

It would be nice if I didn't get weaponlocked for being rammed over and over by a zerg of friendlies, for example.

But I've already complained about weaponlock early after release, been shouted down by fanboys, and notice that even after all this time nothing has been done.
  16. tigerchips

I bet that Kityplay or whatver his name is is still playing. Just shows they don't do anything about these people even after thousands of reports. Admins should be sacked for not doing thier job properly.
  17. FadeToBolivia

Look at all of the Jr. forum admins! I feel so safe from rule violators!
  18. Robes

Sadly probably true.
  19. Scatterblak

Yeah, since that's always proved so effective in the past.

Someone should start a Name and Shame thread on redit - outside SOE influence, and more players and devs read it anyway.