Why You Shouldn't Play Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Robes, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Rogueghost

I agree, but pulling a max and tk'ing 8 friendlies because some randomass engineer shot you in the back is a bit more than a being a little bit of a jerk.

I personally would not be above dropping to his level and tk'ing him until I was weapon locked.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ol' Brownfists

A'll play t'game if'n y'please sithee.
  3. PraetorGavorn

What is the render distance of an ESF?

It's 300m for infantry, but Reavers/Mosquitos/Scythes?...
  4. gibstorm

Could have been the same as the jerks who C4 the spawn cause their team won't move out.
  5. Latrodectus

I tend to agree with this mindset. While behavior like this doesn't bother me personally, it's not hard to imagine encounters like this deflecting new comers from the game. Especially with a situation like this, where the whole reason he shot you down in a friendly aircraft was because you killed him with A2A missiles (which were added to give new players a helping hand in air combat) while he was flying in his Reaver/Scythe, airspergs are notorious for this kind of behavior.

I know they say you're not supposed to name and shame, but seriously, look how much time and effort it took to get Boursk a temporary ban for spawn shield exploiting. You expect people to just put their heads down and hope that the system works? Yeah, that's worked real well in the past.
    • Up x 2
  6. DatVanuMan

What a piece of scum. I'm with you on this one, man; naming and shaming is nonexistent. Why does SOE even ban it? IT'S THE ONLY WAY>:/
    • Up x 2
  7. DatVanuMan

Are you being serious? TKing is a sign of stupidity and childish demeanor. TKing is a crappy mechanic, and it shouldn't exist.
    • Up x 3
  8. miraculousmouse

Swineflu is a little *****.
  9. DatVanuMan

And how many times has that EVER worked?
  10. NoctD

Doesn't seem like he came back after that though? I thought he was perma banned but then again who knows for sure besides him and SOE. And how long did SOE take to fix that spawn shield issue in game? Sighs.
  11. DatVanuMan

Swine flu IS a deadly disease. Many people have lost their lives because of it. So, yes, it is a little *****:p
  12. a-koo-chee-moya

That's not a reason to not play. Hackers are less than 3% of the games pop.
  13. NBA JAM

If /report did ANYTHING I think he would have done just that. Too bad it doesn't do much.

That's why people come here on the forums.
  14. SeanFree

Inb4lock

You guys know swineflu is notorious for his TKing right?

Fits in with a lot of QRY, ***-hats who enjoy being childish.
    • Up x 1
  15. Robes

Exactly, further proves the only way to get something done is get it on the forums enough, gm reports do nothing.
    • Up x 2
  16. KenDelta

0 times.

But still better than disgracing people publicly on forums , even on an ethical standpoint.
  17. iller

ewww.... worst taste in Outfit names ever
    Accidental TK'ing is perfectly fine.
    Players who repeatedly do it on purpose are violating the Harrassment TOS's and many have been temp banned in the past.
    Very few MMO studios take harassment lightly. They know it's one of the ugliest "Word of mouth" P.R. problems you can have floating around in social media and reviews about your game. Even smaller private servers and communities have to give it their fullest attention beyond issues with cheaters or financial support issues.
    • Up x 1
  18. miraculousmouse

Aww cry about it. Your viewpoint is ridiculous and extremely progressive (not a good thing), do you have no spine? Are you gonna congratulate a dude for tking you?
  19. DatVanuMan

I'd rather disgrace a fool and be punished for it rather than letting her/him get away with wrongdoing and not get punished at all.
    -DatVanuMan, 2014.
  20. KenDelta

Having balls has nothing to do with it , I've got TK'd thousands of times but I never held a grudge against anyone ,reported them or even bothered. I simply redeploy and keep playing.

I'm here to play an fps , to shoot people. not be an immature ***** that holds a grudge against people because I got killed.