Why why why....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bwiin, Jan 28, 2014.

1. bwiin

Is the recert not in the game yet. I left ps2 awhile ago until recert was back and apparently it is locked even though it is the most popular feature. Does SoE not like money?>
  2. Akeita

WHY ? WHY DO I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT RECERT IS ?
    you mean refund the certs ?
  3. Aegie

SOE may like money but they need players and they need a lot of them in game because that is really the only content (other players).

Issue is, if you provide a recert then people will no longer have a motivation to grind as long and put in those hours. Personally, I know that if I was given a recert option that there are a lot of things that I would simply avoid because I know that I do not use/play those items. I am only ~BR60 (not very high and certainly no where near half way to BR100) and even with wasted certs I still have virtually everything I care to have (some of it is just not quite maxed out in certain cases). A recert would easily allow me to have everything I want/care for and max out everything I give a damn about.

Not saying that would entice me to walk away from the game for good or anything but it would certainly be a good reason for me to only play during certain times and then only until I had my fill- rather than the times where I think "well, I can play a bit longer and earn some more certs" or "Hmmm...double XP, do I want to buy a nice boost to really capitalize?"

I could be wrong, but with everything else on the plate I have a feeling that they weighed the cost/benefit of this and the decision was more or less made for them. Think of it another way, the amount of certs you can get are endless so if there is something you really regret certing into then you can always just play a bit more to earn those certs back.
  4. bwiin