[Suggestion] Why were those even changed ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rhello, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Rhello

Cert costs for infantry weapons. Seriously, when I see so many efforts toward new players, without the old prices being put back, I'm just scratching my head and asking myself why they did change it in the first place, since it's obviously not new-player friendly; and was just made to get more money out of new players, which isn't the way things should work in the first place, since they should give money by sticking around, instead of getting their wallet squeezed.

If you want new players to stick around, giving them accessible weapons they can buy for very cheap is something to do, instead of forcing them to stick with a tight selection of weapons they may not like at all. Like, a new player in TR would like to get the M77B, which used to cost 100, instead of 325, or replace the Gauss Saw with another LMG that did cost 250 (probably the Anchor, not sure), which would be more newb friendly. These are obvious examples, hell, why are we even discussing about it in the first place, this rise of cert cost shouldn't even have happened already.
  2. AllRoundGoodGuy

They did however reduce the cert cost of some weapons (fury, dalton, zepher), but i do fully agree with you. Cheaper cert costs would help keep new players in the game, at least, that's what i would think.
  3. Kanelbullen300

yeah it does suck. i can imagine that 1000 certs is a lot to grind for a beginner. Although newer players do get 100 certs per battle rank up to BR15, so thats 1400 certs, enough to buy a new weapon with a full range of attatchments. and yes, they should make it so that all factions have a starter BASR and they should also replace the SAW with the 325 cert LMG.
    • Up x 1
  4. Alexkruchev

The new semi-auto sniper ballistics CPU is -amazing-, especially on VS. I went on kill streaks with the stock optics on it. That said, I think it now makes the VS SASR much better than the TR one, a literal point and click adventure.
  5. Kanelbullen300

indeed, it seems like the ballistics CPU was a much needed buff. but people will still complain about TR and VS not getting standard BASR even though it only costs 325 certs to get one. I just don't get it lol