Why we say no to Heavy Asssault Shield nerf

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Magma52, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Nalothisal

No they didn't. All devs canned the idea when everyone said no.
  2. Zoobe

Like you are, that you cannot deal with a HA using another classes abillity properly to counter them.

Yeh, lets get rid of engys repair too so that HA can actually KILL a good engies ESF with his rocket launcher. Rather than him hitting AB and hiding to repair before coming back 30 seconds later to continue to farm the spawn or sundy. Lets get rid of cloaks in infills so we can get rid of that huge advantage of stealth. Junk LAs jets as they are a pain being shot from roofs and places you cannot return fire. Make medics unable to revive the maxs and others. Sounds like you really struggle to use any class ability to your advantage.

Take your own advice and l2p
  3. iSpank

Exactly, every class has their own thing, Unlike Medic and Engineer Heavy Assault is NOT a support class, nor they have positioning advantage like Light assault. people play HA because of its simplicity not because its OP.

Nerfing everything unnecessarily is not the solution.
  4. FunBotan

Haven't you thought that the same applies to LAs and infis who at the moment have no way of killing a same-skilled heavy in a close encounter? Argument rejected.
  5. Schwak

The only thing a heavy shield nerf would do is make them even more worthless then they are now with the EMP buffs.
    • Up x 1
  6. qiray12

Those LA and infil that just engage at a heavy back and fail is just their problem considering the TTK in CQC in this game almost nobody has a reaction in that time taking out a heavy isnt all that hard. maybe a bit harder then other classes but its not worth nerfing the HA. With this you achieve nothing as listed in other posts and maybe above nerfing the HA will give you MAX crashes is that what you want. NO cus after the shield there is nothing but a MAX to clear that am i right?

Other classes are very stong in other things wich a heavy lacks or cant even do, just use the advantages you have and then youll do good.

If you die to something that "maybe" causes your death doesnt mean they need to nerf it. Thats not what a game is about, and since ps2 is a sortoff sandbox game you have plenty of options to kill heavies or any other class- player you cant kill in fights.
  7. Magma52

Infiltrators have motion sensors. Great source of XP.

As for LA...well LA really needs some love. That class has been dying for a utility for a long time.
  8. penandpencilman

If you guys would stop with this mindless speculation and actually play the game you might notice your aim improve and be able to beat players who are better than you. You aren't the victim of some overpowered mechanic, you are bad and there are players better than you. If you don't understand that than any competitive game, whether a video game or not, is not for you.
    • Up x 1
  9. Schwak

P & P droppin thruth bombs.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. Tbone

You do realize that +700 is the first lvl NMG.With the lvl up you only get recharge time reduction.
  11. Tbone

From a person who not jet picked a side in this matter, i like to point out a few thing is you answer.You are talking like the HA are some lone wolf characters here.

You make sure you have backup and so will the HA against you.He/she will have backup probably more HAs.
    LA you get up high and the HA just walk and walk and walk and you are putting more and more effort and more and more in the situation.Inf get behind worry about you get caught and then you can unload the SMG and if he turns a round you are f***ked. But its not your fault cause the HA is still just walking and walking knowing that he/she has +700 HP not to worry.I am 68% HA player according to SOE.The issue is there maybe not big but its there.Don't know yet that it need fixing or anything like i said(still collecting data).I didn't chose HA cause its easy ,but because i always chose classes like this in Battlefield in PS2 in an MMO everywhere.It my style.But i say that you have to put 3 to 1 effort just to kill another person who is a HA well makes me think.
    Good day sir.
  12. Thef41_1_3N

I've read through this a bit, and well a delay might be a good thing. I like playing HA, but I sometimes find it too easy. Although I don't play NC that much I can kinda see the same arguments could be used on the vanguard shield. I mean isn't that a kind of panic button at the moment too atm?(Correct me if wrong). Anyways, as long as the shield at least is still useful.

I don't know if it's possible or will even be well accepted but I remember battlefield 2142 the "heavy" class there also had a shield, although in a different manner. It was a deployable. A little shield that could cover the most part of the player, although the shield worked both ways so you couldn't just shoot through it.

Here it's shown in use, I'm just speculating though.
    [IMG]

I think it would work well in a defensive situation, although I doubt it'd work well in offensive or generally open areas.
    So the design would need some work.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ballto21

that doesnt help things.
  14. Cz4rMike

I'm sorry to say, but I've just changed my mind. Yesterday I was playing and realize that Shield is indeed too powerful. The amount of HP it gives should be nerfed. Or using medkits during it should be restricted.
  15. qiray12

Why nerf the shield if its YOU losing from the heavy, if its YOU that didnt play the class his role.
    If YOU lose becouse you think the heavy overshield your most likely wrong, If a LA or infil gets the jump on a heavy and YOU die than its most likely YOUR fault because (well tell me the TTK on a SMG or shotgun) you were A just jumping infront of the heavy or just shot bodyshots.

The only range where the shield is strong is probably beyond 50m where the shield takes 4-5 you see this 4-5 extra bullets.
    For LA i can see the isseu with this because they are worse beyond 40m.

The shield was fine and it still is, if you still say its OP then play it and see it yourself i bet the kills you get as a heavy arent that easy as those you get as LA or infil.

I say a nerf to the heavy (taking away shotguns and smgs) but just keep the shield alone, if you nerf the shield then i want deep cloak to be gone and darklight flashlight to consume all energy if spotted and halved fuel for LA jetpacks or take away C4.
  16. Cz4rMike

Aren't you being too defensive of HA? Or maybe it's your only class and you don't wanna feel less powerful?

I didn't think shield was OP for example but now I do. Not hugely OP, but needing some little tweaking.
  17. Tbone

I know i simply corrected this "topped off with 700 free HP at max rank NMG."statement.
  18. Viztorgath

I really dont understand why people want to nerf HA to make them useless ... If a HA has equal footing when fighting with a different class 1v1 head to head there is literally no reason to pick them. If you get behind a HA and shoot first as any other class you should, provided decent aim, be able to drop him before he turns and returns fire. If at longer range where your CoF screws you then I can see it taking a couple extra seconds to drop him but you should still win. Oh also as a bonus fact MAXs are going to become insane if you make HAs useless. Already MAXs stomp all over the capabilities of HAs for infantry farming and if you go from most infantry being HA to very few picking HA its just going to be a slaughterfest ... which I guess is fine since I like my MAX killstreaks anyways.
    • Up x 1
  19. Crowne

Not everyone said no. Those that did say no are just very loud. Par for the course in every game that lets the forums become too much of an impediment to sound game design.
  20. Crowne

I see. Heavy is the only class that is not filling a support role of some sort. How very special for them.

You really think the changes proposed would make playing Heavy THAT much more complicated? Why are these people interested in Planetside 2 if they're looking for simple?

Might as well remove the delay to the Infiltrator ability then. Remove the sound it makes too... that sound only makes it harder to play that class, and we wouldn't want that.
    Could we also go back to making them more invisible? The most recent changes really seem to make it harder on Infils.

Oh, forgot, heavy forums... Let me clue you guys in. Sometimes, the devs, they make changes to how a class works :confused: I know right! Madness. But wait, even crazier is sometimes, the devs, they make changes that make a certain class a little bit harder to play :eek:

I know, I know. But don't worry. It would never happen to you guys.