Why VS win all alerts ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eroulca, Sep 7, 2019.

1. XLander

So I can see your logical fallacy. I would suggest looking into skills. Now I am not saying that you are or are not bad players on the whole. I would suggest rather that NC has scatter low skill needed weapons skill development not truly required. TR have Spray and pray weapons. Again Negating the requirement to refine skills.

On the other hand as of late while I have been on during prime time NC have the pop and it is almost as if they are simply sleep logged.

Then there are other key indicators of fights that are more tactic based in long game. Most players now are solo artists trying to figure out how to get more solo scraps. One of the observations of the older PS1 players is that if a land control event is happening. You do not want to be the one in the lead though most of the beginning because the other two factions turn and focus fire you on all fronts at roughly the 40 minute remaining mark.

So even though the raw pop belongs to the NC in tonight's game play by a world pop 5% lead. They will have been to aggressive drawing the ire of both TR and VS.

I cannot express enough how much of a game changer it is when old PS1 veteran players, that are also PS2 veteran players get on in a focused group. All I can say is newer scrub players simply don't have a chance they don't play PS2 chess very well.

That is why any given faction loses often. I mean NC instagib guns are deadly. They best me nearly any time I face them at less than medium range. As if it is not even a challenge to use the weapons. Even with the jump.

Example I can come up and knife an infil and get a shot in and somehow they manage to turn 180 degrees and 1 shot kill me.

So please don't blame the weaponry. Simply put that is not the case as a solo reason.

Be glad they did not bring in the older PS1 faction specifics the VS had. Instead they gave us cheesy crap and called it empire specific while giving all factions OUR empire specifics.
  2. Demigan

If that were true than the VS would have superior skills on NS and carbon-copy weapons like shotguns, Kobalts etc. Yet they do not have superior skills they score the same as the other two factions with them.
    Also the high damage profile weapons require a higher skill than lower damage profile weapons due to the higher punishment for misses, this has been proven time and again.

Yes, because you own personal experience immediately disproves the unsubjective data collected from thousands of players! Definitely! Oh holy XLander please tell us more!

Really? How do you know that most players are solo artists? Where did you get that? Is it in the bible? The Koran? Or did it come from your mind? Is there any objective way you can prove this besides "cus I said so"?

Also your prediction of "other two factions will turn on you" is just one options of many, there is no guarantee and in my experience it's not even the likeliest outcome. So can you prove all that? About the PS1 players making the observations, about how many times the other two will attack the biggest team around the 40 minute mark? Can you prove that this isn't another one of those "but we always get double-teamed" shoutouts where all 3 factions simultaneously complain about it because they don't look further than their own controlled area's?

All I can say is that the PS1 players are often rather deluded and don't seem to come any further than the "everyone pile on this base" strategy that everyone does.
    The PS1 crowd suffers from the same delusions as everyone ever. They assume their ideals and thinking is superior to that of others, and whenever they talk to each other they will only strengthen that idea. Talk to other people, think about what you say and gather data to prove it. Because as of right now all you have is stories that are virtually impossible to verify.

Ah so you haven't heard of the latency system yet? It sounds like you have a lot of package loss (not bad ping, package loss). Your PC constantly tries to extrapolate what the players on your screen are doing based on the last imput. If the imput of an NC player turning and firing at you is lost for a package or two then by the time your PC catches up it looks like they instagibbed you. In return because you lose a lot of packages players you kill have the same experience. All games use such an extrapolation but because the way PS2's latency system works (to allow the 300+players in one area instead of 64 maximum of other games) this latency problem is larger.

Yep latency system. Nothing to do with "superior NC weaponry". I suggest you try and play NC for a month or two.

Let's blame the weaponry where it's due. And VS empire specific arsenal is easier to use and the most common weapons, mostly their starters, are already some of the best the game has to offer.

I think you should re-evaluate that. Why don't you make a list of all the abilities spread across the factions and tell me how many the VS has and how many of those were supposed to be TR/NC specific. Someone did it recently and you would be surprised.
    • Up x 3
  3. pnkdth

His point is clear and my point was it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy since if no action is taken then, yes, VS will seem even bigger and unstoppable. It is also a large irrational position since VS has not performed like an unstoppable storm and both VS/TR has performed similarly (in terms of alerts).

That being said, I can sympathise on what he's feeling since that is exactly how most players on Miller felt about TR as they rose to a population of above 50% and VS fell as far as 17%. I wouldn't use this a proof as TR is (or was OP) since I know that different servers have different issues and population can often jump and dip over time. Similarly, I find it annoying when others use certain servers as representing the whole truth.
  4. adamts01

That's not true. There's only a single server where VS historically hasn't won more alerts than TR. And NC is dead last around the world. There's quite a bit wrong.
    • Up x 1
  5. pnkdth

In that case PS2Alerts is inaccurate (I know it stopped working about this time last year, if there is another source who's tallied up the alert wins I'd love to hear about it and will amend my statement according to its findings). It shows two servers where VS were in the lead, two servers for TR in a similar lead and every other server TR is ever so slightly ahead of VS. The global count puts VS just 2.2% more wins than TR (VS 37%, TR 34.8%, NC 25%).
  6. adamts01

That's my only source. The last time I checked was almost a year ago when I took a break, and the site hasn't worked since I came back to the game. Things may have changed between now and a year ago, but those 5 years of data mean more than a what may be a month long recent fluke. And keep in mind, this is all while VS had fewer players than TR, back when faction populations weren't even. I can't remember the server TR actually led on. I believe it was one of the European ones.
    • Up x 1
  7. Exileant

;) Over estimation of my abilities? :cool: I whip so much tail, Vanu goes on vacation; :( and loses the event..... :eek: Oh and perhaps because of the TRUTH about the sad state of V.S. weaponry. :D Or perhaps the stats were ALWAYS LIKE THIS with V.S. losing like I said they were..... :p It was you who said numbers did not lie.
  8. Exileant

:confused: I do not get it... :eek: All I do is pick on Vanu on my other factions. o_O They are the easiest to fight thanks to being overwhelmed and because my weapon usually does more damage then theirs. :( I do not shy from a fight, but N.C. and T.R. offer the closest and hardest fights to me on any faction.
  9. Exileant

:eek: Why can't N.C. and T.R. be wimps like this on PS4's Genudine server? :D If you think V.S. is strong as toothless as they are right now, Please move to our server. :p We need you to beat on. Hahaha! It would be a welcome change to seeing Blue and Red Conquer lasers we get shoved down our throat constantly....:confused:
  10. pnkdth

It was Briggs and Ceres, VS took the lead on Cobalt and Emerald. The rest of the servers the TR were in the lead on (but we're talking 0.5-2% difference). When counting alerts server population wasn't a factor till they implemented the chance for more than one alert which wasn't live yet when PS2Alerts went bye-bye.

So that's why I keep posting this every time someone tries to push the idea VS has dominated alerts on PS2. It simply isn't true and never has been true.

It really is quite remarkable that VS, despite claims of being the OP and easy mode faction, seem to walk lock-step with TR in terms of win percentages. That said, it is easy to pick on VS since they have unique things attached to them so, of course, it was due to 0.75x ads on their LMGs which was OP, oh wait, no since they removed it was REALLY this other things all along. It is also refreshing to see the "no bullet drop"-argument resurfacing. Haven't seen that one in awhile (outside of the usual VS-hatemongers here). Next thing will be that the Maggie can strafe because moving the mouse in a turret apparently makes you lose all motor functions in your body and your brain forgets the basic principles of how to aim (oh s***, someone already started ranting about that).

But I digress, facts are VS has never dominated alerts on a global level but did so on two servers (just like TR did on two others) but on the rest of the servers it was a very even fight between TR and VS with TR coming out ever so slightly ahead. So my interest in if you had any new data was solely if VS suddenly had come to life and rocked to boat so fundamentally to shift the entire discussion.
    • Up x 1
  11. Broffensive

Maybe you haven't noticed, because it's an easy thing to miss if you don't play all factions interchangeably. VS has consistently better leadership among most of the remaining servers, and in an MMOFPS like Planetside, coherent effort wins wars.
    • Up x 1
  12. Trebb

Excellent point on the leadership. Lack of good leaders WILL drive players away really quick. Ever log on, feel too lazy to lead, but there's 0 platoons going? Almost no point in playing...
  13. Demigan

Now if this were true, then the VS would score better with its NS weapons. They dont.

Also and this is by no means proof but it is a small gauge, the VS would be expected to dominate the achievement leaderboard for platoon and squad related ribbons:
    https://ps2.fisu.pw/leaderboard/achievement/

Funny how they dont have superior leadership there.

Also for Broffensive, no I havent noticed the VS having superior leadership and believe me I looked. But I do wonder where you know that VS has "consistently better leadership" across ALL SERVERS. Did you really log onto all of them and check out the leadeship of all 3 factions in an objective manner? Or do you have some actual tangible proof for this better leadership? Because as of right now the VS have never proven this superior leadership and my active attempts to lead them were met with more indifference and lack of teamplay then on the TR or NC when I lead them, and as I said I TRIED for a week to get them to do anything and not a single squad/platoon that I tried to lead on the VS had more than 3 people who actually actively spawned at my area. In the NC and TR I can expect more people to spawn at my area and one or two people to actively pursue the map drawings I make for better contextual orders like Sunderer placement.
  14. Scatterblak

https://www.ps2alerts.com/

You're welcome.
  15. TRspy007

VS: Have pop, are more or less organized with it
    TR: Don't have as much pop, but manage with organization and skill
    NC: Have pop, prefer to kill themselves and run around wild

Result: VS win most alerts, TR come in "close" second, NC - what alert?
  16. pnkdth

Platoon leadership: TR has 12, VS 5, and NC 3. Highest scoring NC player has 10k ribbons (placed #6) whereas the top scorer for VS has 20k and TR top scorer has 28k. NC barely managed to net as many ribbons as TR in the top 20 and that's just barely more than the top TR scorer.

Platoon conquest: VS/TR has 8 of the top 20, NC has 4. Again, an abysmal showing from NC.
    Squad leadership: Here's things are less extreme but VS/TR still are the winners.

Squad Spawn: VS show an extreme will to spawn around their squad mates compared to the other factions.

It is also illuminating how NC shines with its absence here. Plus we must also account for the fact VS have less players in total so the number of players gaining these ribbons are fewer and have less players to play and run platoons/squads with.

As for dominating, no, the results on alerts in particular should show it is fairly similar between TR/VS. It is also important to note that we should not expect VS to have the best leadership across all servers. For some reason the servers where VS has done well has become the only servers we talk about here yet we completely ignore how even it has been between VS/TR on the majority of the servers, indeed, when considering global alert wins it gets even closer.
  17. InexoraVC

@Miller I haven't seen any VS continents lockdown for 2 weeks. I play mostly at prime time (GMT+3)
    What is the server where VS always wins ? I'll play there :)
  18. Demigan

My point was that the VS should have been dominating that list if it were true. But again as I already mentioned when I posted the link it is merely a gauge and not anything solid, we cant go and base our findings on the most active players on a partivular gield. Healing for example is also teamwork and the NC scores best there. NC also scores 9 out of the first 20 spots on recon, 10 of the first spots on shielding and for things like repairing and reviving it scores around the 33% mark. So on actual teamwork with rando's and squad/platoon combined the NC beats the VS and TR!
    Except that like I said this is merely a gauge, not any proof. We need the actual numbers and not the top 50 players.

Also I hate with a passion the idea that PS2 squads and platoons are teamwork. It is the barest of minimum of teamwork most of the time consisting out of "we fight in each other's proximity, mostly". Its as much teamwork as two rando's who just happen to walk down the same corridor and fire at the first target they see, except that when you have the other person's name in green on your screen its teamwork y'all!
    • Up x 1
  19. pnkdth

When I check recon I see VS in slot 1,3,4,6,8,9. VS are also top 1 and 2 in shielding. Not so absent as you made it out to be...

Well, a platoon and squads are a pre-requisite for teamwork in any meaningful fashion and those who win on live win because they are able to direct the largest amount of people. The top names on that list deserve recognition since I know some of them and they introduce new players to a PS2 all new players need to see (rather than just being thrown into a massive fight and not know what to do) + they do it A LOT and anyone's who ever PL:ed knows it takes a lot out of you. Even the most basic formation is better than none at all and if you think people only do it to fight in the same area with a green name I honestly do not know what to say at this point. You may not like it but it is platoons and squads working together which win alerts and lock continents.

Even so, it is interesting to see two of three factions heavily represented is all and the one faction which have gotten a bad rep for poor/inconsistent leadership (or cooperation might be a better word) is so absent. Even so it is not hard evidence we can see some factions have representatives which do lead a lot more than others.
    • Up x 1
  20. iller

If you're talking specifically about CONNERY... then it's not about Stats, it's a very simple 2 word answer:

P4LeTiger (& the Pig lackies)
    and that flippin' Moron Mormon DIMGIANT

98% of it currently is all their doing.
    I just won't even PLAY the game anymore. I'm done until this community gets it SHYTE TOGETHER!!

(and then once that finally gets fixed??... yah NC will still be a little "underpowered" but we've always been "a little" underpowered since the game's Inception. For the NC it was never about Territory, it was always about high player turnover because our Weapons and Gear are just the most fun for "Exploration" type MMO dabblers. And that's FINE. NC is basically tne Nintendo of the Console War while VS is SONY)