Why there isnt an option to put IRNV optic for Sniper rifle

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ZeroErrorz, Jul 11, 2014.

1. ZeroErrorz

yea why, i dont think its gonna be op and it have its own drawback, but i can see this thing being used on sniper rifle (especialy low zoom bolt action), since really even without the thing spotting target up to 300m is quite easy if you got used to it (mainly from sniping),so whats the deal with it ?
  2. cyb_

So people have to buy/cert scout rifles or SMGs.

Damn it was fun back in the early days when I did not have the certs for my first scout rifle (no SMGs had been in the game yet) to use HV/NV sight, yet cloaked Infliltrators would show up on HV/NV sights of spray and pray enemies. :|
  3. ZeroErrorz

uhm sniper rifle isnt made for cqc,so buying full auto scout/smg is still a viable choice even with sniper rifle having IRNV
  4. ZeroErrorz

5. Nakar

While I'm not sure it would necessarily harm anything, I'm also not sure it would be much help. But heck, they put 2x on most everything, why not IRNV on everything that takes a 1x?
  6. Rift23

Can you imagine the tears lighting people up with a 12x scope would produce? Go thermal with a PPA/Lib to simulate the ********.
  7. m44v

Because IRNV sights are kinda short range, so at the ranges you use a sniper rifle you won't see crap.
    • Up x 2
  8. elusive1

It would be pretty cool for the short range snipers. Definitely really situational, I can't see myself using it often.
  9. _itg

I'd love an HSNV scope for close-range sniping. I've always hated that the low-zoom optics turn invisible when you cloak, so you can't really use them to line up your shot before uncloaking, like you do with the high-zoom scopes. That would work with the HSNV scope, though.
  10. JorgeSarcos

HSNV Scopes are 1x, anything farther away is just plain black on black, please tell me how are you supposed to snipe with such a thing?
  11. ZeroErrorz

but it can be very useful for cqc sniper like me, especialy on short range BASR even if you cant see anything at long range its still have its function when everyone is spamming and popping smoke, hell each time i pull a short range BASR i always end up being effective at <75M, and in that range IRNV can be useful also remembering SOE is making money out of scope, CAN WE JUST GET IRNV FOR CQC BASR
  12. ZeroErrorz

climb a tree biolab+use cqc basr+suppresor+????=profit
  13. HlllBllly

I would love to have irnv for my ghost. I frequently get smoked and cannot take aim.