~ Why the T4 AMP is a 'Gold Digger' Explained in 90 Seconds ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Aug 29, 2014.

1. belthazor3457

The concern I have to address, since you are charged 700sc /1000 certs for it, is "does it beat anything else that you have available to you?" - if an individual finds it "fun to use" that's down to their personal preference and subjective value, since any weapon, no matter how terrible, can be fun to use by someone somewhere - but I can't use that as an excuse to sell it to people and recommend they buy it for statistical or practicality reasons.
    • Up x 2
  2. The Rogue Wolf

Judging solely by the artwork, I am forced to assume that this video deals with racist space whales who practice body piercing.

And yeah, the AMP is crap. The primary role it fills is "I need every square centimeter in that hallway-sized space filled with high-velocity marshmallows RIGHT NOW".
    • Up x 2
  3. DevDevBooday

Looks better than the actual AMP.
    • Up x 1
  4. DevDevBooday

Agreed, the AMP needs a proper selling point. Its obvious to everyone that its a competitor to the repeater, its trying to fit into the same role yet it falls completely short in every category.
    Being fully auto is just a mechanic, not an advantage, yet SOE seems to think it being full auto justifies it being worse in every way.

It needs to be a sidegrade, not a downgrade. To justify for the recoil and lower DPS it should have a bigger clip. i am actually against increasing its damage per bullet as its DPS is already very high. Increasing its ability for sustained fire would be a good selling point. Not even by much, maybe 26 bullets or so.

For most weapons if the same category you add up the pros and cons of a weapon. Eg the TAR and the TRV 'do i want higher rpm or better hipfire' etc.

For the AMP you have:
    -Full auto
    -Extra spare clip

For the Repeater you have
    -Better DPS
    -More damage oer clip
    -Less recoil

SOE needs to realise this, you cant sell a gun that has no advantage over its direct competitor which is also free.
    • Up x 2
  5. Forumside

I'll trade you my Beamer for your AMP any day. Whine less and be happy that you don't have the worst sidearms in the game.
  6. HyperMatrix

The OP is so wrong it hurts...I have a Stalker build with AMP. It is absolutely amazing. I stand on stairs, crouched. Someone starts running up the stairs. Obviously can't see me as I'm not moving. I uncloak. Put full clip into them. I absolutely love it. I'm saddened that I don't have this level of effectiveness on my VS or NC. The Convenience of not having to click multiple times actually increases accuracy as you focus strictly on where the crosshairs are.

I am in love with the T4 AMP.
    • Up x 1
  7. Maljas23

"Fun" was not what I was getting at. I am saying that the AMP is a proper sidegrade to the other TR pistols. The full auto advantage is being over looked. Oversampling is bypassed entirely with the AMP, which means you can make proper use of its RoF. In the heat of the moment, you won't always be able to avoid oversampling the Repeater. As for the cert cost, I can understand the need to let your views know about that. I've got nothing to argue that.

My point is that this gun is not nearly as bad as people are making it seem. In fact, I would say that it is quite good. It just needs a few small tweaks. The AMP needs its bloom per shot reduced, or a slightly increased mag size of anywhere from 24 to 30 rounds.

Of course, opinions are subjective.
  8. R6xSNAKExBOXESx

He's just stating statistics with no bias or whining, he did reviews on the other new faction sidearms and essentially says they're not good either.
    • Up x 2
  9. Kunavi

A few more bullets would do the trick, that or less recoil... Right now it's just fun to use and you may get some very amusing Kills due to how random this bullet hose is. But the OP is right, the AMP is no more or less viable than its counterparts in any way.

If both you and an AFK target are alone, meditating in a friendly environment and you decide first that you are no longer a Pacifist the Spiker is awesome.
    Commi is a ScatMag's final form, ScatMag can still kill though(It's what I said after lamenting 1000Certs lost on the TRAP, doesn't work too well though. I still want to throw it on the ground and stomp it).
    AMP can get you 2-3 Kill Assists if you fire blindly in a 1M wide corridor with people crammed in it(Then you DIE). You may get 1 accidental Kill from a random Head Shot on a guy with 10HP left(Rest of the bullets will be on the wall behind him and some on your friends behind you screaming "Y U TK?").

So apparently I'm exaggerating but... Not really... And I do use the AMP in every Load-Out of mine, I want to like it and I don't have any space left in the "Crap Closet" where I keep my Vulcan, Marauder, Striker, MCG, Fractures and TRAP. So I need to carry it with me really.

Quick list of suggestions, mix and match or pick some or all, I don't care at this point because it won't happen(Inquisitor stuff requires that the AMP gets trashed obviously, and I wouldn't care one bit TBH);

Inquisitor = Burst(Accessory which would occupy the same slot as Smart-Choke does for NC)
    Inquisitor = Auto(Accessory which would occupy the same slot as Smart-Choke does for NC)
    Inquisitor = SPA Ammo option?
    Inquisitor = HVA Ammo option?
    Inquisitor = Mini-Frac(Accessory which would occupy the same slot as Smart-Choke does for NC)?!?!

Spiker = Pocket Burst-Lasher(Ammo option)(Flak blocks some Dmg, Nano doesn't)
    Spiker = Pocket Vortex(Ammo option)(Flak blocks some Dmg, Nano doesn't)
    Spiker = Charge-Up(ONE orb of energy with good AOE, good direct hit Dmg- As opposed to just being a Burst)(Accessory which would occupy the same slot as Smart-Choke does for NC - Works with any Ammo option including default, expends full mag)

ScatMag = Slugs Ammo option
    ScatMag = Frag Rounds(AOE, slight Vehicle Dmg - Pocket Cannister) Ammo option
    ScatMag = Working Smart-Choke?? For Frags and default Ammo I suppose?
  10. Forumside

The AMP is still hands down better than any VS pistol. Therefore, I don't see what he's complaining about.
    • Up x 1
  11. belthazor3457

Translation:

"When someone criticizes three new weapons for three different factions and finds all three to be sub-par equipment for the people they are available to, the review that relates to a faction I feel has superior equipment should be censored.

Since my equipment is sub-par, it's okay for other people to be charged for a downgrade without the right to a review and properly informed decisions.

People should be happy to pay money to downgrade their equipment since it's not the worst equipment out there; like how people should be willing to move out of a cheap, high quality house and into a more expensive, lower quality one, because it's better than being homeless, therefor I don't know why anyone would complain about paying more for lower value.

Nevermind that this encourages bad business practice and continued poor weapon balance, directly contributing to my own equipment remaining inferior, I am willing to live with my sub-par equipment, as long as I can attempt to rub that off on others, and get to complain about it."
    • Up x 2
  12. Forumside

The Repeater is the best pistol in the game. If you think ANYTHING after that will be a sidegrade or upgrade you're SADLY mistaken. Pistols aren't like other guns, they function in a VERY specific range and situation. They're for short range, clean up jobs. The Repeater does that in spades. You can't really "sidegrade" something that does that job with extreme efficiency.

"Sidegrades" mean trading one area of performance for another (i.e. accuracy at range for damage up close or less range damage for less recoil). Pistols can't really "sidegrade" because they have a very specific range and are hipfire weapons. So they have VERY few performance metrics that can be tweaked to create a "sidegrade". About all you can do is change the overall use of it (i.e. longevity and accuracy for damage). Since the Repeater can be fired at full auto by just simple button spamming, you got your full auto pistol already. Any real full auto pistol you get otherwise will end up taking a performance hit in exchange for never having to spam M1.

Don't like it? Too bad, you can't get a gun that's just as good as what you already have AND easier to use. That sir, is an upgrade.

Again, if you want to see what a "sidegrade" is, look at the Commissioner vs the Underboss. THOSE are sidegrades to each other.

Just don't complain, you could have the VS pistols and then you'd REALLY be complaining.
  13. belthazor3457

Actually, at present, my second-highest level character is VS, as it was the faction I had originally planned on rolling with when T-ray talked about life sucking grenades - it was the first character I made. I'm well aware of the quality of VS pistols - in fact, I originally purchased a manticore for my VS character back when I reviewed the original set of pistols, prior to the NS revolvers coming out, and the earlier round of new pistols (Cerberus being the VS one, which I also criticized harshly, in the same manner that I recently criticized the Spiker, having called both garbage).

And I still review all three faction weapons fairly comparing them to equipment you otherwise have access to, because people pay money for them. I retain the ability to do this, not being too embittered about VS weapons to allow other problems to go completely unnoticed and/or giving them a free pass, despite having played VS to a significant extent.

Perhaps that just makes me a better person than some other people.

There are several reviews I have made trashing VS equipment. You were already made aware that the Spiker had been reviewed by me and was given a negative verdict. By saying that if I had used VS equipment my position would be different, you are, essentially, claiming that I have not used VS equipment. Liar, Liar, Tsk Tsk.

Instead of a critic pointing out the low quality of VS pistols and their need for increased quality, and the charge-for-step-down's for the TR and NC, you want the critic only to criticize the VS pistols, and let charge-for-step-down's go unnoticed and unmentioned. Moreover, you want other people to pay money for equipment that is worse to their existing options, on the pretext that your faction has worse gear, and want to deprive them the right to informed purchasing decisions.

It's already been explained to you that this encourages bad business practice by allowing bad-deals to go un-criticized and thereby offering less incentive to create well-balanced, good deals, including better equipment for your own faction, so at this point I have to conclude you are knowingly and willingly complicit with that.

Also, ranting about how great the repeater is does not refute the points presented to you in the previous post that you were replying to. You've done nothing to cite reasons for why people should pay money for something that you have admitted was a step down from a free piece of equipment, other than your faction having worse gear therefor they should pay - which, again, was already explained to you that it further encourages poor weapon design.
    • Up x 1
  14. LightningPro

Few weeks ago I was reading fully automatic pistol for TR.
    I had some Ideas what I can do with it. Like John Rambo with Stalker cloak so I bought it at release.
    Now I`m sure I better bought the Underboss even with the Cerberus for my VS Char. I`m getting many
    kills more.
    It`s not a bad Pistol if you can handle the rate of fire and the small magazine + recoil.
  15. Forumside

You don't seem to understand the point. The TR already have the BEST pistol in the game and they got it for FREE. There is NO way to make a pistol that is going to be anything but WORSE (at the same job). It doesn't matter if they have to PAY for it. Paid weapons can't be an upgrade to the best weapon in the game, else, this becomes P2W. Welcome to the F2P powercreep problem. They gave the TR the best gun they can ever get, on day one. Now down the road everything else they get will be inferior and there is nothing you can do but accept it. Hell the AMP is STILL better than the Spiker or mag-Scatter.

Point being that the only real reason to buy the other pistols is because you want to get the Auraxium medal for them. The devs poorly planned the TR sidearms. That's just a fact and there's no arguing it, you just have to live with it.

You can make reviews on EVERY TR pistol that comes out but it's always going to end the same way "Well it's different but not anywhere near as good as the TR Repeater which is free and therefore not worth buying."
  16. belthazor3457

So your entire position for why people should not be given accurate reviews of equipment of items they are charged for and why censorship is apparently a good idea, despite already being aware that it continues to contribute to the same poor weapon balance you are complaining about, is "TR has best pistol, therefor encouraging poor weapon balance is good and anti-consumer activity is good because if a new one is released it'll be worse probably"

Encouraging and endorsing poor weapon balance to address poor weapon balance is illogical.
    • Up x 1
  17. Metalsheep

18. TheKhopesh

I agree 100%.

My solution:
    change ammo stats from 21/105 (total of 126) to 28/140 (total of 168)
    Decrease vertical bloom by 15-20%
    Decrease bloom per shot from 0.2 hipfire and 0.1 ADS to 0.18 and 0.09

Now it will require most of the same bursting control, but has it's much needed ammo and added reliability.

Now the Mag-Scatter needs some love.

For this, it needs:
    One extra round per mag (and an additional round per reload in the reserve)
    and to solve the DPS issue (As the video says, getting a kill usually takes 3-4 rounds or more) up the hipfire accuracy to what it's ADS accuracy is now when using the smart choke, and make the smart choke accuracy jackhammer accurate.
    A slight fire rate increase from 120 RPM to 126 RPM (A 5% speed boost) would also put it up to about the same DPS as the Commissioner (and yes, while TTK would be higher, please keep in mind this is a shotgun, it's impossible to silence, and the laser sight doesn't do anything for it because shotguns haven't gotten increased hipfire accuracy from laser sights since around GU13).

This would actually put it on par with the abilities of the other ES pistols in it's CQC only class, and won't take 4-6 rounds to kill someone when hipfiring.

(One final thing, the Mag-Scatter is doing worst of the three latest ES pistols since the Spiker got it's recent fix on Oct 31.
    As well, the Mag-Scatter seems to fall into the success rate of the Cerberus and Emperor categories.)
    Mag-Scatter/AMP/Spiker comparison
    Mag-Scatter/Emperor/Cerberus comparison
  19. belthazor3457

Night of The Living Thread?

I motion that we go all-out and add "Mad Scientist" and "Necromancer" as sub-classes for medics; medics would obtain the following kit item:

Mutagenic Reanimation:

Injects the corpse of a slain enemy with a mutation agent, rapidly mutating the corpse of the slain enemy into a horrifying zombie-monster - players of the medic's faction may spawn into the corpse of the slain enemy and revive in the same spot, becoming a "horrifying zombie-monster" class for one life. Each enemy converted by the medic equates to one zombie revival spawn use. All horrifying monsters revived by the medic grant the medic a small amount of assist points, as well as horror points which may be used to purchase upgrades to ominous music and maniacal laughter.
    • Up x 1