~ Why the T4 AMP is a 'Gold Digger' Explained in 90 Seconds ~

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by belthazor3457, Aug 29, 2014.

1. belthazor3457

Featuring Yoda and Daft Punk. The T4 AMP is a gold digger. There's no other way to put it.

It may be of value to someone who struggles with controlling burst weapons and consequently can obtain better TTK/DPS than they could with a repeater, however, the worsened recoil remains an additional problem, as well as the fact that such a person who struggled so much with a repeater will likely have obtained another weapon (possibly a NS revolver, or a dirt-cheap 250 cert emperor) and is probably rather happy with their selection by this point.

This weapon, in return for being given a damage reduction to give it higher DPS (even though its DPS was still too low), instead of being given a bonus in compensation, was given a nerf - worsened recoil. The weapon would be much more useful if the amount of ammunition it had per magazine was increased, or it was given an extended magazine attachment option to compete with the laser sight.

Other balancing options that come to mind include (but are not limited to) making its recoil not so penalized, or instead bumping its damage up to the repeater, so the trade between them is "burst weapon accuracy vs auto weapon inaccuracy" rather than a straight-up drop in DPS,TTK, and accuracy-via-recoil.
    • Up x 25
  2. Shadoiex

Nice art.
    No, really.
    • Up x 4
  3. Matt879

Those paint skills are really OP. Higby pls nerflel.
    • Up x 6
  4. Presage

So yeah if he compares it to the best pistol of the game after the holy commi, it can just be less efficient
  5. CNR4806

I agree. This is even worse than the age-old 93R vs Glock 18 dilemma of BF3, to the point that the burst-fire wins by a considerable margin (The BF3 dilemma really comes down to personal preference, the Glock has better DPS on paper but the 93R is much easier to control; in PS2 the Repeater flatout wins).

For a game that tries so hard to copy Battlefield elements, I wonder how did they manage screw this up so badly?

And for the record to those who haven't played BF3, both guns I mentioned require unlocking (though the 93R is considerably easier), while in PS2 you have the Repeater as the starter gun, giving you even less reason to switch.
    • Up x 2
  6. belthazor3457

Why thank you ^.^
    • Up x 2
  7. Oberlion

i like your videos very much. a lot of useful information!
    • Up x 3
  8. Hoki

The emperor is probably the best sidearm in the game, and hardly anyone advocates using it. :eek:
  9. Ztiller

The Problem with the AMP is that the TR already have the best sidearm in the game, and now they want another sidearm that's just as good. The problem with the Spiker is that it manages to be even worse than the worst sidearms selection out of all 3 factions.
    • Up x 3
  10. Zica96

It freaking needs 45-50 bullets in the mag and like 180-200 in the reserve and i would be happy with that piss poor 100 dmg.
    • Up x 2
  11. Jaedrik

Belthazor is back!

Yeah, AMP sucks.
    I like the other videos too.
    Mag Scatter and Spiker suck too.

Also, I disagree with your ultra-statist and utilitarian philosophy, sir!
  12. DxAdder

I don't know why they changed this during it's time on the PTS, it was 125 damage with an 18 round clip and performed
    well .i.e the the nick name a baby SMG.

Why the had to nerf it ... I don't know.
    • Up x 1
  13. FieldMarshall

Only problem with the AMP is that all the other TR pistols are god tier.
  14. jiggu

Every time someone says "Spiker" I just laugh
  15. iller

Anyone ever consider that maybe the Repeater was ALWAYS a little too good?

No?.... I guess most people didn't play as infiltrators from the start of the game and didn't get a lot of opportunities to Pistol-Duel other inf's out in the field 1v1 very often. In summary: VS inf's were often a free kill. Magshot infs were generally even worse b/c most NC are terribad to begin with. Sometimes you'd accidentally stumble on a Swagshot pro and auto-lose if you were just a Vanu. But you NEVER, NEVER wanted to fight a TR inf on equal terms b/c you'd always lose to their 1-handed SMG. This was before Commish & real SMG's got added and everyone just switched to those instead.
    • Up x 1
  16. AdmiralArcher

wow.....didnt even make it to page 2 until all of the VS and NC whiners come out of the wood work

you guys had your chance for a good gun, the Mag scatter is decent and useful in the range that it was meant to be used, the spiker should have been an explody charge gun

but no, the VS wanted a burst fire gun because the NC have a burst fire gun, and this is what you guys get
  17. UnDeaD_CyBorG

As someone with serious rsi, I would use an automatic weapon over a burst with quite some drawbacks. But even I'm not that desperate.
    Well, maybe I'm just disillusioned by VS "Burst Pistol"s. So meh.
    But nice Video.
  18. Maljas23

Guess I'm one of the few who actually likes the AMP. Sure, the AMP needs a mag buff or reduced bloom per shot, but I find the current AMP decent enough to put in some of my loadouts.
  19. DK22

20. DrPapaPenguin

I actually really like the AMP :p