Why so many players on NC side?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Caydn

this post made me lol
    • Up x 3
  2. Scorponok

well he speaks the truth except it wasnt needed to be capslocked...
  3. JamesCDenton

Because NC have the best stopping power in their weapons.

Each empire has an advantage. Power, accuracy and speed.

NC shoots carrots but it's un-accurate
    VS shoots peas but it's accurate
    TR shoots fast peas but it's un-accurate

NC- Easy. VS- Medium TR- Hard. And who wants to play a faction that you can hardly get kills on? As a TR player on Connery, I respect VS players a lot, they play really good with almost half the population of NC while NC just zergs mass armor and infantry. TR? Well I shoot my fast shooting peas that goes around the enemies left shoulder, over the head and back down the right shoulder in cartoon fashion and let's be honest, I've had my bouts of switching sides as well.
    • Up x 2
  4. Peter Daniel

5. Caydn

That might be on your server but it aint on Briggs , NC is not easy
  6. Caydn

That did our shotguns as well
  7. cody weathers

TL;DR : Wow that turned into a rant quickly.

I honestly couldn't say I mostly play infiltrator or drop ammo, heal, or use the AV turret, my favorite tank is the lighting and I love the flash. Pretty much I can swap out with all the factions and use my starting 100 certs to buy a VS or TR "Bolt Driver". All the pistols have roughly the same TTK but if I had to pick my favorite weapon sets I'd probably go with the VS standard pistol and sniper. because I seem to magically be more accurate with the Beamer (I'm sure the Mag-Shot is accurate but the Beamer just "works" for me, perhaps I like the sights better idk.) Also I like the less bullet drop of the sniper rifles. Then I'd probably pick NC standard rifles/carbines because it's what I'm used to.

As for a guess, it's probably because it says ~"High Damage" in the NC description, we aren't very accurate but it causes imbalance because any fighting that matters is close up so generally we do better. However some videos I have watch suggest that VS and TR have faster TTK and more forgiveness for missed bullets but I don't really buy the numbers game because of how buggy PS2 still is right now and the numbers in theory don't quite match the numbers in practice.

Personally I started as TR in Planetside 1 then switched to VS about 2 years in then 1 year later I went NC. Back then things were pretty balanced and I just stuck with NC since. We also have to remember that the devs do have all that data being recorded each time someone fires and kills someone. They have heat maps and charts so they will see how real a problem is and not just some people whining because they lost a base or were killed by the same gun a few times. I'm sure NC has got some nerfs to be incoming but with those nerfs they would need to buff us in other areas as well.

It's sorta up to the community to decide, do you want us to have a bit higher damage, or do you want us to have accuracy or rate of fire and clip size? By all means voice your concern but please this mindless OH EM GEE I GOT KILLED BY AN NC THE YESTER TODAY AND THEY NURF NEED PLOX. We understand when something is OP, we laugh about it when it is and sure enough it gets nerfed just like the Phoenix did, just like the Hacksaw did, our ESF as well.

Another thing that makes balancing hard is that TTK is extremely fast. While this makes for more "Modern" gameplay high TTK can suffer from packet loss, ping, and gpu/cpu performance. There are many factors other than the weapons and the damages they do that factor in to how effective they are in game. Sometimes you will feel that it takes half a clip to kill someone but it takes them 2 bullets. Well in reality they are spraying into you but because of packet loss, ping, and gpu/cpu performance issues on your OR their side you dont receive the data that you are being hit in the fight until you have already taken enough damage to be dead. Proof of this is how often you will see that you and another person kill each other in a 1v1 firefight.

Also NC is probably popular because of Higby and a few youtube people probably like it that are semi famous.

Wow this turned into a rant quick.
    • Up x 1
  8. Caydn

Most NC havent heard of higby nor care about him
  9. RobotNinja

Lol, how is the NC the "fourth faction?" And how do you figure NC weapons ought to be nerfed? They already have the worst ROF, COF, Reload time and magazine capacity in the game which all spell death in close quarters combat. NC is the faction for made especially for pickup kills. Head to head, 1 on 1 a NC HA gets eaten alive by both the TR and VS.

If the ROF, COF, Reload, Mag cap were any worse for the NC you could bake a cake in the time it took to reload.

Oh but please tell us how great the NC are in the VR room with a stationary lifeless enemy that's 10 feet away.
  10. RobotNinja

Higby isn't doing the NC any favors. If anything it seems like he's been going out of his way to make sure everyone knows how little he actually cares.
    • Up x 1
  11. Mambakiller

lame, more dmg per bullet players are overhelming now

[IMG]
  12. RobotNinja

Lol? NC already have the worst ROF, worst COF (spread) and the worst reload spead in the entire game. I know you've been playing the game as a TR for a total of 9 WHOLE HOURS so you already know everything about PS2 but before you start ranting about the NC you might want to actually know what you're talking about.
  13. Alarox

TR thinks his guns are hard mode and NC guns are easy...
    TR forgets that a month ago, all the TR did was tank zerg across the map...

Double think in action?

I can't believe someone thing the Trac-5 is hard to kill with... but apparently the Mercenary is easy mode. Absolute insanity.

---------------

Back when I started playing I used to get so frustrated about how NC weapons were so damn inaccurate, with such low RoF, when TR/VS would bullet-hose me. I stopped playing infantry combat and tried the Reaver/Vanguard. Of course, this was back when Prowlers were the best at everything and would simply get a zerg or two, and take a continent. The Reaver is outclassed in almost every way to the Mosquito, and has a primary weapon with multiple, nearly gamebreaking issues. However, I stuck to the game. After months, I got a lot better at playing to the Vanguard's strengths and now never lose 1v1, and even take on 2-3 tanks on occasion. I wreck face with the Guass Saw I used to despise now that I've mastered the huge recoil. I've learned to adapt to the NC weapon style. And now, even though I can't play easy mode like you guys, I'm bringing the fight to you.

Pretty much the story of every veteran NC. TR told us to L2P, so we did. Your turn.

If the Trac-5 has too much recoil for you to handle, train with the Mercenary. You'll come running back to the Trac soon enough.
  14. Alarox

15. Guardsman99941

On Briggs the NC have the highest pop (TR are most of the time 27-28% but at points we do down to 22%) when the pop is even NC gets their a** kicked
  16. cody weathers

Yeah good point, I just remember him because his hair was the sign of the coming of beta.
  17. Dragam

I think the reason that NC got more people, is that new players see that NC is the side that fights for freedom (aka the west) and therefore automatically wants to be NC.

I felt the same way, as i was new to the planetside universe when i joined ps2... and made my NC char Dragam.
  18. ThomasMink

If that many people are really picking NC because they fight for 'freedom', then SOE needs to make it more clear that the NC philosophy is indeed that.. in its purest form. If it's not anarchy, it comes extremely close.
    At least, that's how it always sounded to me. ...at least in PS1. Honestly, I can't even recall if the "An unhappy free man is more acceptable than a contented man under benevolent rule" type of thing is mentioned anywhere at all.. or even hinted at.
    Makes the whole "Space 'Merica" argument a bit laughable when you really think about it for any length of time. :)
    • Up x 2
  19. Caydn

No the reason people pick NC is because they all health and safety inspectors and love the yellow in our camo that sticks us out like dogs balls.
  20. Mambakiller

PPL PICK NC FOR OP WEAPONS, NOT MUSIC OR AESTHETICS OR BLABLA > INSERT YOUR LAME REASON HERE<