Why so many players on NC side?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Diewoe

that is with 100% hit rate. way to not pay attention. The Carv has a huge CoF and is much less accurate, TTK is HIGHER than the NC weapon even though the Carv is a much faster rifle. Why is that? because CoF is greater = more missed shots from bullets that do less damage to begin with. The rifles that need the LARGER CoF are all the NC weapons. Harder hitting weapons need a LARGER CoF and the lighter hitting weapons need a smaller CoF. This is common sense and really makes you wonder WTF they were thinking when making the Hardest hitting weapons MORE ACCURATE.

This set up of having the heavy hitter hit more often only leaves one to scratch his had and ask why? also do not go by the number of bullets to kill. Because those numbers are a lie. Go into the VR and shot at a target just like you do in-game... at the head. 3 shots from NC beginner weapon and 4 from the TR's and VS's to kill. So in other words 25% more bullets needed to kill but the NC have a much smaller CoF = MORE accurate heavy hitting weapon which in turn = you are always playing catch-up in damage output..
  2. Paperlamp

VS is kind of science + religion which is why I was turned off by it. I'd take the scientific progress faction if they didn't worship the alien stuff. They give cult vibes.

I guess maybe each faction is supposed to be flawed. I play TR 'cause they look the least stupid TBH.
  3. Evil Monkey

Knew a lot of people extremely frustrated with this - they wanted to be NC "cos they're the good guys" but they felt it was grossly imbalanced. Quite a few quit, many others migrated to other factions (VS in particular)... ...now I suspect they are migrating back since they can't Magrider/Prowler farm.

Warpgate position seems to play a huge role in population numbers - the north Indar warpgate seems to give a 10% boost to any faction who has it.
  4. HadesR

The Carv's CoF at 125 m ... ( at 10m's CoF is irrelevant ) is only 0.03 difference than the Gauss ... So are you also saying the the Gause has a HUGE CoF ? .. If not you are seriously over exaggerating how much difference 0.03 is
  5. Overgoats

After firing for one second, the CARV has an ADS COF of 0.775, to the Gauss' 0.628

The CARV has a lower COF bloom per shot, but its first-shot multiplier is larger, and with its higher ROF, its COF blooms much faster than the Gauss.

-c.
  6. Diewoe

TR was dominating on Helios even with only 30% of the pop against 35% from the other two factions. Once TR dropped to 25% it just got to hard. When you look at top outfits you tend to see why the TR was able to hold its own when they were only outnumbered by 5%. 29 of the top 60 Helios outfits or pretty much 50% are TR outfits. Leaving 31 to split between VS and NC. Skill can over come unbalanced play but only for so much. Helios has reached that tipping point and has passed it.
    • Up x 1
  7. HadesR

But the stat sheet in this thread is based on CoF ADS standing still .. How many people do that ? While moving which the majority do the Gauss has a higher CoF 0.05 vs 0.04 of the Carv ..
    To really get a fair result every situation needs to be looked at then a mean of all worked out. Rather than " " It's ADS while standing still make it OP .. Let's forget any other situations " .. Selective stat collection :p

Isn't the first shot multiplier Recoil not Bloom ?

And could mention what everyone told NC in regard to Bloom/CoF .. " Your weapons are fine .. L2burst " .. But now even though they haven't changed our weapons are not fine , because other's can't be bothered to follow their own advice ... Tis weird

While people are using stats in their Favour .. The stats don't back up one faction being more OP than the other

Data from 28th March
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Or if want to look a little deeper

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=23

NC are out performed by VS/TR in 3 out of the 4 area's ( SPH ) .. NC just edge the Max category but not by as much as I bet some people thought
  8. ClickMe

All I know is every time I play my VS alt, my infantry session kd is 1.00-2.00 higher.

Every time I switch back to NC, the game feels like a bore fest playing with weapons that are only good 20% of the time and completely outclassed 80% of the time.

Solstice and Orion might as well be renamed legit god-mode.
  9. Diewoe

TR are better players on average because they are fighting higher odds. don't laugh, its like training under fire or just trying to "KS" from fellow NC players because the pop you are fighting against is so much lower. Or in other words if you got 10 TR fighting 25 NC, who will have the better K/D rate? Chances are the TR will based on targets. NC can only get 10 kills to spread out for 25 people (0.4) where as the TR can get 10 kills spread out for 10 people ( 1.0 ) its simple really, just have to use your brain a little.
  10. SgtBreastroker

The NC are very appealing. The TR look like a bunch of militant freaks and the VS look like a bunch of nerds circle jerking over alien tech while wearing spandex.
  11. TheTreeness

Nope they have an, approximately, extra 500 extra max players, extra 5000 max score than VS/TR max players plus a 1000 higher score/hour than both TR/VS.
    Don't downplay those stats, NC max stats are a serious outlier compared to TR/VS max stats.

NC maxes are absolutely stellar at close range. VS/TR maxes are, sadly, horrible in comparative performance at their designated ranges.

VS/TR maxes need an accuracy buff with IR/Thermal vision to become more effective and extend their capable range.
    • Up x 2
  12. HadesR

Think you got those the wrong way round .. The SPH difference is only 852 between NC - TR .. The Avg score is the higher one ..

And didn't mean to underplay them .. Just I think many , myself included would have thought the difference would be greater
  13. TheTreeness

Yeah I got the stats mixed, I'll edit them and yeah, I know what you mean by people expecting greater differences in the stats.
  14. Vultraz

1. Liberal America
    2. TR and VS have both received nerfs to their MBTs, thus causing fourth factioners to switch to NC, the only faction with a percievable advantage over others (Scatmax + infantry weapons)
    3. Even after Scatmax nerf, we still have Phoenix and awesome infantry weapons
    4. Higsby, lead dev, is NC

There.
    • Up x 4
  15. anchorman

1 I joined the nc because the have a kick *** song and video on planetside 2 website and they fight for what they believe in not what they are told

2 The heavy assault for the nc is a lot harder to use starting off but when you get a few certs invested it starts to be balanced with the other factions I have played all 3 before making a choice and the TR and VS have easier starter weapons for a new heavy assault player so i stuck with the NC for the challenge and now im at br 36 and dont fell like starting over at the bottom. I also play on the waterson server the population stays pretty even on the NC and TR side the VS are behind in the population but they are great fighters they work together when the high population faction has steal killers as i call them they see a guy they run to him shooting like he is mine all mine doesnt usually work out for them lol
  16. TheUprising

I thought you ancient aliens guys were supposed to be smart? NC is built around hitting hard and lasting long, TR is built around numbers over quality. VS is built around spandex and space jesus.
  17. TheUprising

Lol way to exaggerate. Fact of the matter is that the NC weapons all bloom faster per sec than VS/TR weaps.
  18. TheTreeness

Hmm... I would've thought NC would've had the most population as the rebels but with sub-par technology, TR with average population but with current technology and VS with the lowest population but with next-generation technology to make up for their numbers.
    • Up x 1
  19. Bankrotas

VS technology is as good as PS2 performance, you need to do more beta testing even if you're at war.
  20. Scorponok

gunpowder is older then magnetism used in weapon technology :p