[Vehicle] Why should we prefer a Valkyrie over a Galaxy?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Waratorium

The Valkyrie is faster, far more maneuverable, has open sides so the passengers can use rockets or repair tools to repair the valk in flight or kill enemies.

The Valk can fly in low over a firefight without presenting an enormous target that will get hit by every nearby enemy with a tank or rocket.

The Valk can be in and out of an enemy base rapidly and can redeploy to another location much faster than the galaxy.

Also, you can get the ride of the valkyries music playing on it. I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.
  2. Saber15

What if you're just a really nice guy and want to feed the enemy certs?

The Valkryie is perfect for this.
  3. SerasVic

Are you the guy who runs sundy with 12 people on my tank mines? Thank you bro i love certs.
  4. OldMaster80

This is the theory. Practice is quite different.
    • Up x 2
  5. Vixxing

Just dont use it then! (problem solved!)
  6. Waratorium

I have found what I said above to be how it works in practice. It IS vulnerable to enemy fighters and Liberators, and flack turrets, but thats to be expected.
  7. NightEngine

How to fix the Valkyrie:

1. Buff total HP overall
    2. Buff armor vs. small arms
    3. Give the pilot rocket pods

Then we have a direct action penetrator that can actually do it's job.
    • Up x 1
  8. MichaelS

On hossin i can park in treetops for ages. the whale isn't that easy to hide in the trees.
  9. OldMaster80

I agree it doesn't have to be a flying fortress. But my experience against other aircraft is really depressing: 1 ESF with right setup can outmaneuver and outgun a Valkyrie very easily. It's not like the Harasser, where Engineers in the rumble seat are an option: you can't run a Valkyrie effectively without having at least 2 constantly repairing.

I think it's not a case if the most popupar setup for this vehicle is Squad Logistic System in the tool slot, and Stealth in the defensive slot: the best strategy with the Valkyrie is avoiding combat completely. Because if you fight you're likely to be screwed. But we all know this is not always possible, in some areas you just have no place where to hide (Esamir anyone?).
    The low resistance makes basically impossible to the Valkyrie to perform the role of the flying platform for infantry: you can't fire from there. All the dogfight videos show someone killing stuff with nosegun and engineers repairing nothing else.
    You see in this thread how many perceive it: a one-way taxi. Jump in, fly to the WP, let it explode.

I agree with the review that Wrel did 1 month ago. Many of the problems he reported have been solved, but I still think what he says between 6:25 and 7:40 is very trure.
  10. PWGuy93

The most play I've experienced with a Valk was landing next to Sunderers outside of a base we were attacking, loading up players and dropping them in the base. Then flying back to the Sundie, picking up players to drop in the base. This lasted about 4 minutes.

That was the most productive time in a Valk so far - four whole minutes...