Why NOT use Heavy assault

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Codex561, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Codex561

In my playstyle, I am not very limited by the timer (since I certed into it like crazy) but more the ressources since I spend everything on c4 and proxi mines.
  2. TheTickles

The truth of the matter is that if you are dying to a HA that you have ambushed from behind then the fault is not in the fact that he has a shield.

The fault is completely on you for being terrible at aiming at a near stationary target. Because that is what HA becomes when he activates his shield. A stationary target. Shield or not it takes very few bullets to destroy an HA.

A few well placed shots to the back of the head at close range and he will not have time to activate. Miss some shots though then it is your fault for taking on a front line soldier when you are a support class.
    • Up x 1
  3. bubbacon

Well said sir.
  4. Exonis

The Heavy Assault in PS1 was The REXO. [Reinforced EXOsuit] It was basically a mini-MAX.
    Sadly, SOE touched it down too much, and now people in PS2 don't realize what it once was, a walking lightly mechanized bad@ss.
    Much sad that support classes kill them so easily.

Actually, now that I think about it, Planetside 2 wouldn't be as near as frustrating as it currently is if the TTKs were 5-6 seconds instead of like below 1 second.
    I think If they did that I would actually start playing the game again, because it would be a lot more enjoyable.
    • Up x 1
  5. Goretzu

The problem with that remains that if all 3 shield can only be used proactively (and not reactively).

The the Resist Shield becomes the ONLY shield worth specing in and using as things stand.

They need to change the NMG and Ad shields to be useful when used proactively, if they are intent on nerfing their reactive use, otherwise the Resist Shield just becomes the best shield by far.
  6. Braveliltoaster

If you have issues with heavies just get a high ROF weapon and aim really high for the HA kill em before they shield
  7. DashRendar

I am very familiar with the fire rate master race. And what if I'm Auraxing all of the 200dmg weapons on novelty instead of min/maxing? Just assume the position whenever I see a HA?
  8. HerpTheDerp

Except LA is a gimmick that, against any half-decent player, works only once, twice tops. Half-decent players will notice teammates dying around them and even if you use a silencer it's easy to pinpoint your location from the sound(since the silencer doesn't actually silence the weapon) and/or ballistics(bullet holes) and/or level knowledge(LA "favourite spots"). Then the half-decent player expects you and kills you.

Playing LA well does not depend on the skill of the player, but on the lack of skill of his opponents.
  9. Chris Bingley

^ THIS! :) ^
  10. lilleAllan

Mid range, chest and head shots, elevated positions.

That's what I did when getting auraxium with the AC-X11.

Low RPM and poor moving-accuracy make it a subpar dueling weapon.
  11. Bl4ckVoid

I would quit this game immediately with a 5-6 second TTK. That would be some laughable jumping bunny contest out of the 90s. Terrible. Not to mention the fact, that it would take multiple magazines to kill someone.
  12. PastalavistaBB

This "Heavy Assault too stronk, nerf pleaz...." posts are what caused SOE to put the HA Shield Nerf on the Roadmap. People would rather whine instead of L2P. Sad but true.
    • Up x 1
  13. HerpTheDerp

"L2P" is a meaningless buzzword. It does not win you an argument about game balance, it only makes you look like a tool.
    • Up x 2
  14. PastalavistaBB

HAs are not Vanguards with Iwin Shields. Neither they are Liberators. It sure can be annoying to lose 1vs1 against HAs, but that's what they are supposed to do. If you never ever can win against HAs with another class, you are indeed in need of L2P.
  15. ohmikkie

I agree with your point but still think quite a few LMGs that are too accurate at medium+ range.
  16. jiggu

But that's how most classes work? Players that know how to counter you will try to counter you.
  17. Anndgrim

What?
    The Heavy Assault class is stronger in stronget in single combat than support classes?

[IMG]

Next you will tell me that the Light Assault class sacrifices a few of what makes the Heavy Assaults strength for lower Infantry TTK and superior mobility.

I mean what comes after? You're gonna try to make me believe that the Infiltrator sacrifies a little of it's HP for the ability to be more stealthy, carry OHK long range weapons, hack enemy terminal and turrets and detect enemies.

Why is it that people seem to think that game is supposed to be balanced for 1vs1 and to make sure that there is the exact percentage of every class playing at a given time.

As for the math of the legendary shield popping surprise attack immunity.
    There is around 0.25 seconds of lag compensation on his side.
    A 0.5 reaction time is pretty good.

0.25+0.5=0.75

He hasn't popped shield yet and you're already above your weapons theorical bodyshot TTK.

Then he has to press F.
    He has to turn around.
    He has to aim and unless he has one of those few LMGs that are half decent at Hipfire he has to ADS.

You're already for 1.5 times your weapons theorical bodyshot TTK when he even starts shooting and his theorical bodyshot TTK is longer then your weapons.

You're gonna say theorical TTK doesn't mean anything... but doesn't that also apply to his gun?
  18. HerpTheDerp

But that's the point. If HA is supposed to win an engagement with every other class, why play any other class? Why **** yourself?

"One class blatantly better/useful than all others" is not balance.
  19. Anndgrim

Dear god.

Because you want to flank? (Which is actually a more powerful advantage than the shield alone)
    Because your TEAMMATES need repair and ammo or need healing.
    Because you want to supply your allies with much needed information and use the enemies facilities against them?

THIS GAME IS NOT EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF GODDAMMIT!

Is that so freaking hard to understand?

Not to mention the HA is not a bloody MAX. Even a shielded HA takes what .3 more seconds to kill?

Not like it's passive HP.

Here's a tip, if you want to be good at assault, play an assault class. You can even only play that and no one's gonna hate you for it.

But that you cannot FATHOM why anyone would play a support class and support their team (especially since the support classes killing potential is still pretty damn good), you are the problem.
    If you think this game is CoD deathmatch, you lack fundamental understanding of how battles go down in this game.

If you cannot how flanking can be a significant advantage in this game you'd also probably be lousy at it.
  20. Niller

HA is much better at anything except flanking compared to LA... LA needs something to compete better with HA, not a HA nerf though just something, like a tool slot item, that make it atleast somewhat usefull in squad play, other than placing beacons.
    • Up x 1