Why no LA Precision weapons?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Petti The Yeti, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Leivve

If I got a BR I wouldn't change my playstyle. I would still roll like a LA, just I would focus more on flanking and picking people off from a distance instead of descending from the heavens like a angle of death to smite the rebel scum.

Infiltrators are piss easy to sneak up on, because you can just fly up the natural barriers they are using to protect themselves. And we are probably the best class for disengaging enemies, infiltrator depending on the terrain and other variables.

Jinetes were Spanish "light" (compared to a knight) cavalry that fought in the reconquista. They used shield and javelin to skirmish with Moorish horse/camel archers. And they did such a good job at it i'm convinced the Spanish could have stopped the Mongols had they made it that far.
    When a LA roles with a shotgun or carbine they become a Hussar. Crashing into the flank dealing tons of damage before falling back in preparation for a second charge. If I were to get my hands on a BR I would be a Jinete. Coming in from the flank to harass and pick off targets before falling back before anything to tough could step forward to face me.

Infantry > Cavalry > Archers = Pick away at everyone.
  2. DrBash00

I really think some nice "range" weapons would be really nice for the LA, and improve its role....

But more important would be some "medic tools" maby consumables that makes LA- Teamplay better....
  3. Iridar51

This can easily be done via tweaks to medkits and restokits. Both of them should be usable on other players.
    Additionally, resto kit is worse in almost every aspect than medkit, so maybe it should be given the ability to revive players.
    • Up x 1
  4. DrBash00

Or they make the restoration rate just much lower but trible the time, so you can use it before battles and give some "revive kid"...
    It would make some really really cool fights possible.

or you could give light assaults tools that allows them to pull other (not max) units up to their position (while standing still, giving sinper new job in the game by hinder them) so they can have a medic on some fancy positions.
  5. Reclaimer77

Light Assault that can revive other players? I guess if we're okay with that, we should be okay with giving medics a jetpack too lol.

I'm...not so sure about that one.
  6. Sh4n4yn4y

LA is supposed to flank. But with our current weapon set, we're usually limited to frontal assaults and close range flanking.
    I mean, my preferred method of play is to get on a roof behind the enemy and rip into them. A great idea and everything, except with a carbine, it is most effective when you're on the roof about two meters away. And only the most unobservant players fail to realise that someone is gunning their allies down from behind. Which usually results in them turning around with a LMG or AR, or BR and turning you into confetti.
    That being said. Let's be fair. The ability to semi-snipe would be turning LA from C4-Fairies and cannon fodder into the Angels of Death. Maybe give us a slightly more accurate/stronger carbine. But trade it off so it's not as effective up close. Or is noisier and turns you into a pillar of heavenly light.
  7. OldMaster80

Did you try the burst carbine? 3-bullets mode, high velocity ammo, foregrip and x3.4 scope. It's not that bad.
  8. Leivve

Have you tried the SABR-13? That's the kind of gun I want for my LA.
  9. SupaFlea

just having 1 LA with a medic and engie on a roof top will give a very nasty sniper team, LA can simple move back where no other class can see him except LA and get rezzed and rearmed by medi and engie.

LA camping in Trees where they cant be seen are bad enough, with SR and silencer it would be horrible. Im not against LA, ive played LA since Beta and was basically an LA/Agile Assault for the 10 years of PS1 so I love the class but, would rather Versatility in the fashion of Utility rather than another reason for LA to be called Ledge Campers.