Why Mattherson TR needs to Abandon the WDS and Start Winning Everything Else

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WyrdHarper, Feb 12, 2014.

1. WyrdHarper

I come here today with a request. A request that we stop playing to the nonsense that is the World Domination Series and instead go back to getting into real fights and kicking bass. Now Mr. WyrdHarper, you might ask, why should I do this thing? Well conveniently placed audience member, here is why:

1) Mattherson TR is not going to win!

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/world-domination-series
    Look at that score: VS has nearly double our score, bothbecause they have a massive population and have been running squads dedicated to maximizing their score and massively zerging instead of having fun and playing the game. No matter how hard we try, it is extremely unlikely we will make up that loss with the following rule set. But that is okay because...

2) The WDS Victory is empty and meaningless

Everyone should remember how the last World Domination series went. For those who don't remember, despite being underpopped, Mattherson TR worked together and stayed neck and neck with VS for the first four planned weeks. We were stronger than we've ever been, outfits were active and hardworking, and many certs and boosts were earned. After the fourth week, we had just barely scraped together a victory over the VS, and there was much rejoicing. And then SOE added a fifth week, changed the rules, and handed VS a victory on a silver platter. This one is just as empty and meaningless, and the winner is most likely going to be whoever SOE thinks should win based on some arbitrary win condition. There's no real benefit to winning; it's a hollow victory.Now you might be thinking that you still get rewards Mr Harper so I have to zergfarm the high point bases! However you're incorrect because...

3) You'll get plenty of personal WDS points by playing the objectives

Pretty much everyone in the 903rd (and a number of other awesome outfits) played the objectives this weekend and we got about 1000 WDS points on average simply by playing the game and having an awesome fun time. Now, we have until Friday, so we still have the second half of the week to earn the second set of objectives! In addition, the big long fights mean that the point value goes up, so a hard-earned victory nets you more WDS points. In addition, the rewards are for the most part pretty weak. A few people have been getting some weapons, but mostly it's single-use camos and 1 hour exp boosts. While those are nice...

4) Certs are still the only currency that matters

If you want a ton of certs, ghostcapping to the NC warpgate won't help you. Getting into big giant fights will. I made 300 certs in biolab hold last night, even when underpopped in the hex. We held that base for the entire alert, had a ton of fun, and made a bucketload of certs. In a few months, that shiny thing you bought with a few hundred certs will be helping you more than a single use Urban Forest camo. The other awesome thing that helps us get certs (and freaking prestige and bragging rights) is winning alerts, which is handy because...

5) VS and NC are ghostcapping and farming WDS Points

TR won an alert last week with low world pop (until the fourth factioners switched to TR in the last 20 minutes because they don't understand that you don't get much exp if you do that), because VS and NC are busy farming WDS points. They're doing better there, as pointed out in 1), but winning alerts and holding Tawrich against the NC and VS is particularly sweet. We've been doing poorly in alerts of late, but this is our chance to devastate and sweep things up. If we take the next month to work together and kick bass in alerts, we'll be getting tons more certs and more people sticking around in the TR than trying to ghostcap WDS points ever will. And because of that...

6) Let's abandon the WDS and Win the Server

Much like losing the battle to win the war, let's stop trying to ghostcap territories. Ghostcaps are boring and are pretty bad at cert gain. Instead, let's punch VS in their spandex and cook the NC eagle of Freedom for dinner. VS and NC want to ghostcap our territories? Let's stop them. If they are ghostcapping our territories with a giant zerg, let's throw our forces at them and deny them everything they want. I was part of an awesome hold at Mao Tech plant a few days ago. A disorganized NC mess decided they wanted the WDS points, but I took my platoon there (as did some other TR) and we caught them with their freedom down. If you're tired of losing alerts and battles to the NC and VS, now is our time to get revenge. We have what they want, and we have the power to stop them from getting it. We have the chance to win alerts against a disorganized enemy and remoralize the faction.

So yeah TR. Let's stop ghostcapping for the World Domination Series and start winning the server.

-WyrdHarper
    • Up x 2
  2. RJGatling

These tough conditions for TR are producing some great wine (please, no whine puns).
  3. WyrdHarper

The grapes of wrath make a delectable vintage.
    • Up x 2
  4. Devrailis

Those Pounders squeeze some good juice.
  5. Metallic123

Or you can go to waterson and have your cake and eat it too
  6. Tycoh

Been thinking about it, but like many others on Mattherson my BR89 TR character is stuck on Mattherson and can't part with it.
  7. Arghy

Shout out to mattherson VS, the best at everything--do we get a special bonus for being the best scorers out of all the servers?
  8. Dis

The decreasing TR pop on Matty is a snowball effect, and this stupid WDS thing has only compounded the problem. Their pop was 20% tonight around 10-11pm; past primetime yes but way before the standard late night VS zerg.

It's only going to get worse before it gets better...vets tired of getting rolled by 3-1 pop advantage are switching sides, and what new player with half a brain would stick around for this crap? I don't know what the answer is but a good start would be a significant world pop bonus- someone at 20% should be getting a 300% XP bonus at the very least.
  9. Metallic123

I left behind a BR 85, it's sad but why play a game if you don't enjoy it. I'm having a lot of fun on my lowby and the amount of douchery is no where near that of mattherson.