why? just why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by soultrax, Apr 14, 2014.

1. soultrax

Why has the development been so slow in this game? The game has nearly been out 2 years now(if you was in closed beta) and the game is a mess. Most of my outfit has quit and playing other games, but I'm still sat here hanging around hoping for things to get better. Do you thing I'm mad to be still hanging around? If the main content on the road map isn't on time then I'm going to drop this game like a brick.
    • Up x 1
  2. 3asyD

I see where you are coming from, best things come to those who wait. Even if we have to wait so bloody long lol. Hossin and all the good stuff will be on time I'm sure the devs won't let us down again, will they?
    • Up x 1
  3. Kunavi

Errr... :oops: Well... Don't expect much and if you're not enjoying this, do leave. 'S all I can say.
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

I have long since giving up questioning what other people deem enjoyment and just enjoying things because I enjoy it.
    • Up x 6
  5. Cinnamon

I don't know about staff levels exactly but I'd be surprised if they had more people on the maintenance team than they did before launch.

They spent a fair amount of time making large changes to esamir and amerish. And updates ground to a halt for months when they were working on performance. All of these things are large tasks that can look like nothing has changed if you see no performance improvement and only stay on indar. We don't know how much time they have spent working on things that people don't want like implants.

But there are other things like the mission system. Mission system could of added something good but in the end we just have annoying waypoints directing us to the nearest base and "control point" audio spam that made me turn off dialogue audio. They did something with the resources they have I guess but it doesn't really feel like progress compared to some stuff we had last year.
  6. Klatschnudel

I suspected the game to come to a standstill when they announced the release date and it took me 3 months post-release to realize that i played the game for what it could be instead of what it is. The outfits i was in died in a matter of weeks. The comments of the devs were devoid of the actual state of the game and the patches were alltogether useless. I lost hope completely when they put out the badly thought out lattice system.

Just stop playing the game. Do you remember the guys saying that we should wait a year or a half. They are not here anymore...

And if i could add, SOE games are now on my blacklist. They do the same thing with EQN as they did with PS2. They put out paid alpha/beta version of the game, make them free to play, advertize the game to the EQ veterans as their next dream game and patch the game 90% in connection with money as they did/do in PS2. No good and thought out gameplay changes, only Smedley's so called "content".

SOE atm doesn't care about the games itself but about money since they have financial problems showing in layoffs and the dismissing of many workers. Most of the staff got transferred to EQN and maybe this new zombie game.

Cheers.
  7. ohmikkie

Year and a half. No way near two years.

I always find it funny the demands people put on a free to play service.

Maybe my expectations are different to most others but I still play this game for the same reasons I started (core game-play mechanics). Not extra amount of additional gimmicks are going to keep me or stop me from playing.

There's been plenty of changes to the game since day one. Hossin is coming. I would prefer it to drop when it is properly optimised and ready. Not rushed.
    • Up x 1
  8. Iridar51

I'm here. Having a sad, disappointed laugh.
    Until continental lattice is introduced, hossin will be a ghost town in two weeks after release, just like esamir and indar are. Or perhaps they will merge servers again, that would be grand.
    • Up x 1
  9. MasterCheef

Why?Just why do so many posters feel like they can make baseless threats to "leave the game" if SOE doesn't do "x". i dont get it.

Truth is, either you enjoy the game or you dont. If you are on the verge of leaving, chances are you wont stay no matter what SOE does.

also- no matter how LOUD gamers complain about things being late, if its good you WILL PLAY it when it releases.
    • Up x 1
  10. DrPapaPenguin

Indar is a ghost town? Since when?
  11. SharpeShooter

God I hope they put hossin in with continental lattice it would be OH SO SWEET if they did! It would change the game completely and bring people back in droves.
  12. PhantomOfKrankor

Development came to a crawl because developers caved to people whining about redesigning all three existing continents. It froze most forward development for a year.
    • Up x 2
  13. Eyeklops

Me too, since the first day of open beta.

I agree, but don't see a good solution. Maybe if we had released with 10+ continents (like PS1) they could bury Indar deep into a factions territory, but with only 4 continents I don't see Indarside going away anytime soon.
  14. SacredRay

Nerds have to realize that you can't expect progression when 90% of forumside whines about stupid crap like Liberators OP and 'IWIN' shields..

Devs have spent more time balancing player peevs rather than working on the game. And then to please those same idiotic players, the depot is now full of useless, redudant cosmetics and copy paste weapons.. whereas the ACTUAL issues with the game have not been addressed.

So whose fault is it? The morons who swarm to the forums crying 'Vangards OP' and using obnoxious statements like 'LiberatorSide2' and 'IWIN shield' or the devs for caving in to those players?
    • Up x 3
  15. TheFamilyGhost

The creation of content has been slowed by the crying of OP, UP, "balance" and "good base design" (aka spamming doorways and hallway corners for hours).

Now, instead of creating things, the devs are trying to fix things that aren't (and never were) broken.

To boot, anything new must go through a very careful evaluation. What will the crying be? How will we respond to it?

So, one may ask why, even as their friends run off to the new shiny toy, why, why has there been no content added? It is the fault of the people who wanted an easy game, who wanted the scary things to go away, and who constantly lobbied for their favored weapons to be stronger. The ones that won't stop doing it, and once they win, inevitably pulled away from the wreck they created, to do it again to a new promising game.

In short, it is the forum's fault.
    • Up x 2
  16. ohmikkie

too true
  17. Iridar51

A typo. I meant Amerish, not Indar. Come on, those keys are like next to each other.
    • Up x 2
  18. DrPapaPenguin

Well, at least you didn't hit the "NERF EVERYTHING" key, given it's size :p
  19. DQCraze

Dude, don't drink the Koolaid. Play the game for fun and nothing else. Don't try and be MLG, screw around do things you want to in game and be yourself. Be the wildcard.
    • Up x 1
  20. OldMaster80

People complained about a real issue. This does not mean that devs solved it in the best way, but hex map and bases design were a problem.
    If you want my 50cents what really slowed down development is that devs had to put a huge focus on performance AFTER the game had been launched. Do you remember end of last summer, when they completely stopped new development to issue PU01? The fact they're still working on the 64bit client because first release was a failure is a clear signal of what they have done, and the same for crash to desktop: when PS2 hit the market it wasn't technically ready. And we're still paying the consequences.