Why is there no customization feaures for free players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wetto, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Timithos

Oh, good gosh, I saw customization features and I thought there were actual game features that weren't available to f2p players like customizing your UI, and I come to find out you all are talking about...

STUPID, WORTHLESS COSMETICS!! ARGHH!
  2. LordAnnihilator

I just read this thread... The Rage is real...
    I don't see an issue with this at all. They can't just make money off of ads in the way games like Flappy Bird do. Heck, they don't even put ads for non-DB games in! Be thankful that every time you die you don't get an ad for Game of War Friggin Fire Age!

Everything you NEED to play the game, weapons, utilities, attachments, that can all be bought with Certs. Cosmetics? Not essential. They are the source, the holy grail, the means by which Daybreak has the means to keep improving this game. Certs buy everything? Might as well shut down and move on then, because daybreaks going bust!

I see no issue with the cosmetics. I'm probably going to buy some, like the Buyce helmet. The majority of players don't take issue, since they use the cosmetics, so why should Daybreak change what works?
    • Up x 1
  3. MikeyGeeMan

You can do social directives and get a free light assault helmet.

There are also sites out there that give you free dbc for filling out polls.

It's can give you a few and paying for all access gives you quite a bit. You can actually go all access and twink out your Alta while you play your main.