Why is the Phaseshift getting nerfed?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Pat22, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Pat22

With all the vehicle changes and PS4 beta and all that stuff happening, matched with the fact that practically no one uses the gun, this seems to have gone by unnoticed but the PTS Phaseshift can no longer OHK unless you hold down the trigger and charge the shot for a good three seconds, if not until the gun fires the charge by itself.

Considering it takes about half a second to charge to a OHK headshot on live, that's a 500% increase in charge time.
    No one uses the thing, no one complains about it, so why is it getting nerfed? If anything, it should be buffed.
    • Up x 2
  2. AlterEgo

The crap?
    It's really getting nerfed? :(
    I mean, it was my favorite sniper rifle in the game before I began Auraxiaming my LMGs. Why would they nerf what is considered to be the worst of the three ESSRs?
  3. Jac70

The Phaseshift certainly doesn't need nerfing. It's one of the weakest Sniper rifles in the game. I like to use it because of the design and faction mechanic but it's limited to say the least. It's slow and doesn't do a lot of damage, plus it needs more player management to use with cloaking, charging, firing and aiming.
  4. Gemenai

It really shouldn't concern me, because i did quit the game but damn, this gun is one of the very least, which would need a nerf.
    Didn't Higgles mention to actually buff the Phaseshift some time ago?
    Just sad.
  5. Jac70

We'll have to see what the actual changes are - I find it hard to believe they would make this weapon weaker still. :eek:
  6. Onhil

Lets just hope that since it's on PTS it's a bug and alot of things on PTS is a bug.
    If this is actually a nerf that will happen for some reason it won't hurt me since I have aurxed it already
    • Up x 1
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

Sorry guys, my outfit has been abusing the hell out of it for the last several months (7 our of 25 of the top KDR players worldwide are GOKU and 3 are in the top 10) and since Higby is known to read out outfit's site that describes just how to abuse it... well yeah.

On the bight side... this doesn't really effect how you can abuse it though.

I do think that if we're getting this nerf then the Railjack needs a much longer fire delay though.
  8. UnDeaD_CyBorG

It could be a bug or WIP, could it not?
    I think the same thing as with Lancers and Vortexes, where the Charge doesn't actually change the damage, but only after the highest charge is reached the damage starts ramping up, reaching it's maximum on the autodischarge.
    I could see it being meant like that on the Phaseshift, but on a Vortex with 3 levels with different armour tables it's just too odd to be on purpose.
  9. Idoubts

Note all the VS player icons. You got our striker over-nerfed because of your ********. Deal with it ********.
  10. WarmasterRaptor

Revenge nerfing goes nowhere. It's also a toxic mentality that never ends.

Carefully well-thought balancing passes yes, blanket nerfs/buffs no.
    Whatever the faction, whatever the item.
    • Up x 2
  11. xxx-reaper

Both the trap and phase shift need to get on par with that fricken rail gun the NC has. It's not the best sniper but it's the most effective sniper at extreme ranges. I'd almost like a rework of the other two rifles.
  12. xxx-reaper

Ya, the striker got pushed into the dirt. It needed a nerf, but SOE nerfs like RIOT nerfs.
  13. Rigsta

It's working fine for me on PTS as of now. It was either a temporary thing or OP was lagging.