Why is the NS-15M not being touched in the LMG changes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Scr1nRusher

We can only go forward from here XD.
  2. orangejedi829

1. Right.
    2. This is a discussion about pure weapon damage output. You just listed all of the things NOT to factor in.
    3. The RPM affects the damage output, thus its a part of the damage model.
  3. Scr1nRusher

So what about giving the NS-15M extended magazines, a 6x scope(if it doesn't have one already), multiple fire modes(think like a S variant weapon), & upping its RPM to 652 RM?

After remove 0.75 ADS off of it.
  4. Caydn

Emptying the bins don't make you a expert
  5. Scr1nRusher

Right........
  6. TheFlamingLemon

Cause, think of the sheer number of guns they'd be nerfing.
  7. Scr1nRusher

hmmmmm

NS-15M1
    NS-15M2
    NS-15MP
    NS-15MB
    NS-15MG
    NS-15M AE
    NS-15M Gallows.

:eek:

Well even more of a reason to take 0.75 ADS off the damn thing.
  8. orangejedi829

Well personally I think the NS-15 is in a good spot right now. Seeing as getting an item to be well balanced is very hard (especially in this game, it would seem), I see no reason to mess with it.
    If you absolutely had to remove the 0.75ADS, though, the gun would become much less useful in close-medium ranges and one-on-ones. The only ways to make up for this, then, would be to increase damage output, such as through a ROF increase, though I'm not sure moving from 625 to 652 would make any noticeable difference.
    As for an extended mag, that might make the weapon better, but not in the areas where removing 0.75ads would be nerfing it.
    I don't see the point of a 6x scope on an auto rifle, save maybe the SAW because of its high damage per shot. But at 143 damage/shot, single-firing at enemies seems like it would be more of an exercise in frustration than anything else.
    Idk about fire modes; since there is no stat benefit to burst mode, I always just use auto and single fire if I want to. Burst would be cool if it upped the ROF; say a 3-round burst fired at 750rpm, but then a short delay between bursts to keep the overall ROF at 625.

Anyway I still think that of all the things that need work in this game, the NS-15 is not one of them.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Well considering how the NS-15M(and its 7 variants at this point) somehow excaped the LMG changes which removed 0.75 ADS off the ES LMG's........

It really begs the question of "Why wasn't it removed & If removed, how can it be buffed to better fill its role?"
  10. Scr1nRusher

How to re-balance the NS-15M:

• Remove 0.75 ADS
    • Increase RPM from 625 to 652
    • Give it alternative fire modes( semi auto & 5 shot burst)
    • Give it a 6x scope