Why is the jackhammer so f'fn useless

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by the pestimist, Mar 7, 2013.

1. the pestimist

op on heavy doesn't matter as much as op on light assault I mean you give it more range well **** more range no scopes:confused: you make it so weak that it is a waste of money bring it to the level of the semi auto shotguns damage wise and give it scopes it is suppose to be the most powerful shotgun in the game isn't it. easy solution scopes, suppressor that still make it two shot kill like the other shotguns and scopes the other heavy guns look fine especially the tr one. Why devs Why.
  2. Gribbstar

I bought the Jackhammer and used it for a while thinking "why does everyone say this sucks?"

Then I bought the pump action a couple of days ago and understand exactly what they mean.
  3. the pestimist

it suppose to be the most powerful shotgun in the game yet it doesn't do that I just want the same as all the shotguns but better range and autofire and we will be good scopes are essential for range. slug would be awesome too
  4. Gribbstar

I was agreeing with you. The pump shotgun showed me how a shotgun should perform in this game.

It makes the jackhammer look like a popgun.
  5. Garrett24789P

they should just crap the idea of the jackhammer being a shotgun, and just let the thing shoot tank shells or cannon balls. Its basically has the same caliber of a lightning
  6. OldMaster80

All heavy weapons in this game just got no reason to exist. Many weapons do a massive amount of damage so why going for a Jackahmmer or a MCG when you can unlock shotguns?
  7. the pestimist

it should be exactly the same stats and stuff and allow scopes and slug ammo etc just give more range and boom good shotgun and improve the autofire.
  8. sladuog

SOE are probably collecting stats on the different shotguns and HA weapons as we speak. Once it becomes clear that the JH has no effective role they'll probably do something about it.
  9. Sturmwaffles

vroom vroom
  10. the pestimist

plz be right

wtf
  11. Sturmwaffles

it dun gon so fast huh ******
  12. D-Spirith

The new JH is a serious disregard to the iconic weapon from PS1. Not a single vet that i know likes the new version.
  13. Frosty The Pyro

lets be fair, its not useless, its inferior. There is a difference. The jackhammer will still beat non-shotgun weapons in the circumstances other shotguns will, its just not as good at it as the other shotguns.
    • Up x 2
  14. MykeMichail

Biggest thing that ***** it is its magazine capacity. I mean seriously... this is supposed to be the NC Heavy's SPECIAL WEAPON, yet it gets a whole 6 shots or 10 with extended magazine? IMO they should increase it to 12 standard, 16 extended. I mean why can a Sweeper hold 12 rounds in that tiny little magazine, but the Jackhammer only holds up to 10 in that MASSIVE box magazine?

Being the NC Heavies special weapon, it should outclass all other shotguns except for pump actions in terms of spread, damage and rate of fire. Even the 3 round burst mode is pretty useless, you might as well fire it in single shot and see if you even need the third round.
  15. hostilechild

With the release of the OHK pump shotgun, there is no reason they shouldn't buff the Jackhammer. Always thought the reason the jackhammer was subpar was they were afraid it would OHK. Well we know thats not the case now or the pump shotgun was a huge money grab and will be nerfed in a week or two once sales drop off.

Its one bigass shotgun, it should have larger shells with more pellets, multiple shell types like AI(shot/slug) and AT(armor piercing/HE) varieties, more attachments than the dam run of the mill shotguns everyone gets.

Was actually using it indoors before the pump came out. It had slightly more range than other shotguns so not as **** in doors in larger rooms.
  16. Turiel =RL=

The Jackhammer is bad, because it was good in PS1. Stuff that has the reputation of being OP is never really doing well in any sort of sequel, because devs don't want to make the same "mistake" again.

So what they basically did was to design the Jackhammer as "totally worthless" and then buff it a little to be just "much worse than everything else". Every NC who is able to put up any sort of respectable K/D with the Jackhammer would at least double it with any other shotgun from the list. I recommend the Piston.
  17. Bape

I agree with everyone the jackhammer is the worse shotgun compared to all factions shotguns. This shotgun is suppose to be HA specific shotgun it suppose to be a no brainer for HA to use in CQC combat but that isn't the case they either use piston or pump action ><.
  18. CMouse

Jackhammer is so hilariously weak... its for those heavies that want to look good at the cost of needing 1 more shot kill. Your better off hipfiring your SAW.
  19. Rak

Every shotgun in the game should be worse than the jackhammer.

OHK shotguns have no place in the game and should be removed.

At this point there is nothing they can do to buff the jackhammer to make it better than the pump action shotguns without making it laughably overpowered.
  20. Frosty The Pyro

Variable ammo, instead of switching between semi and burst modes have it switch ammo types.

Riot: more pellets at less damge in a wide dispersal (12 pellets at 63 damage for example)
    Standard: the current (6x112)
    Slug: a single slug, it can be 500 like the semi/auto shotties or it can be a bit less (450) to keep in the patern of having slightly inferior damage
    And maybe some mini grenade option, uses more than one ammo, has splash and can do a small bit of AV damage.