Why is the class tool limited by ammo for infiltrators but not for engineers or medics?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mrasap, Aug 2, 2013.

1. The King

Ehh, even if an infiltrator had an unlimited amount, they can still only place a limited amount before it gets replaced.
    If you stand on an ammo pack, that's exactly what the OP is suggesting, just like that.
    He just wants the ammo to be unlimited.Spec it up like 4 times or so, and you get 3 darts. That's all you'll be able to shoot before the next shot refreshes the next.

but I will disagree, I don't think infiltrators need that. They already can hack a terminal and resupply their darts..
  2. NinjaTurtle

Engineers can

- Lay tank mines
    - Use C4 (note Infiltrator has no AV option)
    - Has unlimited ammo and can give unlimited ammo to allies
    - Has access to the AI and AV turrets
    - Has access to Bouncing Betties
    - Can also use SMG's (maybe SMG's should have been Infiltrator specifc then you would have had a point as they aren't your point is void)
    - You can also spot enemies as an Engie
    - Can repair Max units, Vehicles, and base turrets
    - Can also repair terminals

Did I miss anything? My list was bigger than yours :p
    • Up x 1
  3. VakarisJ

Standing still is not an option, as I mentioned before:

- Lay proxy mines in extreme locations unseen
    - Has the ability to disengage from almost any engagement
    - Has the ability to kill someone in one shot and disappear without even getting shot at
    - Can place recon darts
    - Essentially has unlimited ammo and recon darts due to being able to hack terminals
    - Can instakill engies in turrets
    - Can disable manned base turrets without destroying them
    - Can prevent/delay enemies pulling vehicles
    - Isn't reliant on team mates
    - Can recon areas without giving him self away

10. My list is bigger then your 9 and since SMGs and spotting are not an argument towards a specific class you only have 7.
  4. Bill Hicks

It would be interesting if the repair tool and the medic gun required ammo. But engineers have the overheat mechanic and medics are in the line of fire while healing.

Also the cloak and the heavy shields are combat abilities.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bill Hicks

PWND
  6. Herby20

Except you have to uncloak to use them.... so no.

This is the same thing. Besides, Engies have access to weapons with UBGL as wel las shot guns, so they can one shot people as well. You also overestimate the actual stealth of the infiltrator. They are quite easy to see when you know they are around and you look for them.

Ok
    So you have to go hack a terminal to get ammo, where as engies can give ammo anywhere and anytime to both themselves and allies. Every class "essentially" has unlimited ammo if they go use a terminal for restocking said ammo.

So can vehicles. And rockets. And grenades. And C4. Getting the picture yet?

Ok.

Tank mines and antivehicle turrets do the same.

That isn't true, nor is it a positive. Any class can be played like a lone wolf in this game, and since the engi can give themselves ammo, there aren't too many better at doing it.

Except to other infiltrators with scanner darts.

Your list is rubbish and only a few of those are actual class benefits to the infiltrator.
  7. daniel696

No matters what you say, just the fact that the infiltrator can be invisible and use smg's, destroy any argument.
  8. Revarios

Not to rain down on the one man parade you got there but an engineer sitting close to vehicle render distance with av turret does in my books count as invisible.
    • Up x 1
  9. VakarisJ

You make it sound like the one to whom I was responding to was any better.
  10. NucNuc

Meanwhile, in the corner of shame, sits a Light Assault:

- he can fly...for a few seconds

BTT: No, recon darts shouldn´t be unlimited: Play in a group, get an engi. Recon for your group, not for lonewolfing and easycapping. Yes, our squad has a Infislot because of the flashchanges in certain circumstances.
  11. Haruk

I find this thread really confusing.

What is it about exactly?
  12. Madcat9

I think its either a buff thread for infils or a nerf thread for medics and engineers trying to ride on the nerf threads about medics.
  13. Goretzu

That's basically what they have done now, only in a simpler and more straight forward manner.
  14. thepackett

Flying is a massive advantage! :eek:
    You should watch some videos on how to use it effectively, and additionally Hossin looks like a light assaults dream come true :)
  15. Stew360

WHAT TOOLS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? you mean the sensor dot ? because it prevent abuse and spamming of the sensor dot ...

Sensor dot isnt a essential suport roles as medic tool and engi tools

both have nothing to do with each others

Also infiltrator have , cloak , hack , ability ... having 3 dot is much more than enough for their use , till you can resuplie to a terminal or with engi

Sensor spam would be terribly anoying bib bib bib bib bib everywhere all the time hell no
  16. NucNuc

My most used class besides engineer IS LA...
    But when it comes to squadplay, you go with any of the other classes instead of LA.

- HA better when defending a capture point than a LA
    - Engi gives group ammo
    - Medic revives/heals
    - infiltrator has recon darts that can be really valuable (especially since the flashnerf)
    - LA can ...fly

Don´t you see my point? I love LA, but in the end it is a Lonewolfing, towerfights-XP machine... Not good in squadgameplay...
  17. Larolyn

Hmmm HA Tool only has a limited ammo pool and can only be reuspplied by an ammo pack or friendly terminal. HA can't hack enemy terminals to resupply their tool. Discuss why HAs can't hack to resupply their tool but Infiltrators can.
  18. thepackett

Actually LA is great in squad gameplay, and defending.
    To play effectively with a squad you can get a good vantage point and clear out enemies in cover that are firing on your squad, and whereas this is not fighting directly next to your squad it is still tremendously helpful. Additionally, if you play in a squad of LA's then you have an extremely mobile strike force. Additionally, people, in general, do not look up. You can fly up onto towers next to capture points and defend from there, etc. Many times I've dropped down on people thinking there was no one there and that they could capture the point uncontested. Over and over the same person would come back to capture the point, and time after time I would use the same trick on them. LA is a very powerful class. They are the masters of flanking and mobility, combined with devastating close quarters weapons. LA is not a murdering machine, but it allows you to fight 3 dimensionally. It allows you to fight tactically. It allows you to fight smart. This is a little off topic from the OP though, if you would like I can direct you towards some good videos on how to use LA effectively, or I could even play with you ingame sometime, just send a pm and I'll see if I can help you out :)
  19. NucNuc

No, you don´t need to show videos of the LA. I know it, I´ve done it.:)

But when it comes to holding a point (where there is no sunderer nearby) against more enemies you can´t afford it to flank. If you are shot in a position (and everybody gets shot) where you are not rezzable from one of your teammembers, you are one number less to count on. Every other class brings either direct punch or supportquality that benefits of staying and playing together.

I still like the concept of LA, but it needs something that benefits of playing together within a group. Afaik in beta the LA had the spawnbeacon before it was changed to squadleader.

And no, I don´t think it´s that offtopic, it just helps to realize that infiltrators should be played in squads where you get your demanded supply of darts.
  20. Sen7rygun

I sort of agree with OP. It shouldn't have unlimited ammo in the way that allows it to be spammed around to the point where you are a virtual radar device for an entire base. Your tracker dart should have unlimited duration, and certs increase the detection range and pulse rate as they do now. Just set it up so that you can only have one or two darts active at a time and firing a new one will remove your old one.
    • Up x 1