why is that anytime an aircraft so much as touches any object...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wetto, Aug 27, 2015.

1. wetto

it automatically becomes an upside down magnet..
    what kind of stupid **** is that
  2. tijolo

Only happens to you. Also the only time an aircraft should be touching anything is by having no horizontal speed whatsoever and aiming at ~0 degrees with ~no rotation and that thing should be the plain floor with its landing gear.
  3. FateJH

Gravity on Auraxis is nothing like gravity on Earth. For example, some times, it's just wrong and you can't tell it otherwise.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. Jake the Dog

You know whats fun stand on a sunderer let the sundy despawn and you'll be floating in midair. In fact more people can jump on top until the last person gets off the invisible despawned sundy. (ive only ever done this once I have no idea if you can still.)
  5. CorporationUSA

The scythe has some sort of bug where it tries to flip sometimes when you exit too early or on non-level ground. It's the only one that ever tried to flip on me, though the mossie likes to float away at times when I drop out too soon. I never have any issues with the reaver.
  6. Crayv

The topside of aircraft to do seem to have a magnetic pull for any physical object.... which wouldn't be so bad it it wasn't for the self destruct button that every vehicle has on it's top.
  7. StarGeezerTim_PS4

Whoever designed the flight mechanics for PS2 should be taken out back and horsewhipped. Repeatedly. Or, you know, given a strongly-worded verbal berating.

Flight in PS2 bears no resemblance to known flight characteristics and it absolutely ignores physical law. And as hard as it is on PC, it's even worse on the PS4 with the controllers. I know many have managed to "learn" the new flight model in PS2, but for those who have played hundreds (or thousands) of hours in flight sims, it's very hard to adapt to this rather unique method of flight.
    • Up x 1
  8. CorporationUSA

PS2 offers a pretty unique flying experience. It's like a mix of space and aerial combat. I don't see why being unlike other flight games is a bad thing, if anything, that's a reason for playing it. If you want a traditional flight model in an arcade combined-arms shooter, hop on BF3/BF4.
    • Up x 1
  9. Imp C Bravo

I rather enjoy the flight mechanics for planetside to be honest. Its not really a problem on the ps4 either. Half jet, half helicoptor, all good times.

But those AA trees....
  10. AlterEgo

HA! I've seen Mossies bounce off trees in courageous manner, Reavers crushing Sunderers and escaping in a flash, and Scythes nose-diving into the ground without taking a scratch. What you say, good sir, is false!
  11. StarGeezerTim_PS4

That would be a big NOOOOP! I don't do straight-up military shooters. PS2 and other games like Halo and Warframe have enough of a fictional aspect that I can live with it. PS2 is right on the hairy edge of even being playable by me, mainly due to me being an old fart who can't aim for ****. Its redeeming feature is that you can make a comfortable living as a support role (engy and medic) and still contribute.

Actually, if I want a traditional flight model, I'll hop on Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen. Although you have inertia physics to deal with, it's still basically "flying" in the traditional sense.
  12. Leftconsin

Reminds me of the bug where objects on a continent would not unload when switching continents causing random rocks and trees on the continent you switch to.
  13. Takara

Early in game release I remember watching my sunderer that was parked at the bottom of a hill....a prowler shot it and then it started to slide up the hill well deployed.

The prowler was killed...but the sundy continued up to the apex...then started to fly up into space. Eventually people were spawning in the air and falling to their death.....
  14. Leftconsin

I know that feeling. I've spawned in mid air from a sunderer on the bridge at J908.
  15. 0fly0

[IMG]
    • Up x 4