why is hitbox hacking still a thing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iDante, Feb 21, 2019.

1. iDante

you know this one

and those videos are pretty common on YT this 1 is just from few days ago and looks like dbg does nothing to prevent it.
    • Up x 2
  2. Towie

Battleye got rid of all the paid-for hacks which meant that scumbags had to do something different - either get a private hack, write their own (there are guides) or rely on some of the good-old-faithfulls like asset manipulation (eg. hitbox amongst other things).

DBG produced ways of detecting asset manipulation - scumbags found ways of preventing the detection - the cat and mouse game continues to this day.

What I would say - I suspect DBG have an instant-check that they can use to detect the obvious as now, when I report an obvious scumbag, they don't last long. Often the character is DELETED by the end of the session ! If you check your extended killboard, you might see some 'na' characters which means they're gone already.
    • Up x 3
  3. Beerbeerbeer

I’ve been saying this ad nauseam.

I really believe that there’s a lot more players using this asset manipulation hack than people realize.

It needs to get worse before it gets better because obviously DBG isn’t putting any resources to address it. None, zero, zilch. This hack has persisted like a bad case of herpes on DBG’s reputation and ruins this game. I hope this hack sinks PS:A like the Titantic.
    • Up x 2
  4. WinterAero

Because if they did something about it, over half of this communities try hard 'im so pro' crowd wouldn't be able to hit a barn door at point blank range anymore.

You really underestimate how many high BR's are using this junk. It used to be a case that when a new patch would go up, certain faces would be gone for days of play - until their hacks were patched. Those who didn't, 'mysteriously' had huge kdr drops and excess deaths until they got their 'get gud' button repaired.

So as stated when you crutch on your hitbox mods - and get a reputation for it - what do you think is going to happen when it gets broked and they cant farm no more? They get kill rage (the very reason they got hacks in the first place) and quit the game = bye bye income.

It wouldn't be so bad if the games population was all that large (or devoid of mostly vets) but after years you can spot the all over the place...hello recoil and bloom? (but still hits the head) spray and pray of these freaks any day.

Whats cute is the guys who get jumped from behind and suddenly go into a mach 10 spastic attack of hilarious ping pong ADAD and instant headshots to panic kill you. After the 4-5 time of coming across the only dude in the play session to do it - and having emptied entire extended LMG mags into the back of their skull for almost no effect; you get a clue and log out.

Game is a hilarious joke these days. Just play it for the lols like me. :D
    • Up x 6
  5. iDante

this is getting ******* ridculous really i was minding my own stalker infiltrator bussiness then there was friendly LA like 2 meters next to me and a enemy that was shoting at him and guess what he kill me instantly with headshots cause i was closer
    a few hours later there was BR 31 HA that killed our entire squad with 4-5 bursts for each ally i asked what happened they said all got insta killed by headshots from a heavy that was doing 360 no scops
    wtf is this ****
    • Up x 3
  6. TobiMK

All it takes to spot some camper with stalker cloak is two working human eyes. The cloak is no 100% invisibility, not by a long shot.
  7. TobiMK

Forumside tinfoil hats at work again?

Citation needed.

Ooooor players leave because the game is getting progressively worse and there is nothing to do besides killing bad players that end up making repetitive, yet entertaining hackusations on Forumside and Reddit about you.

I would probably log out too if I managed to miss 150 bullets on someone, however that is even supposed to be possible.
  8. Who Garou

Which just goes to show how important it is to use the /report function in-game.

If you feel that you have been killed by someone that is cheating, use the /report to report them.
    It give you a button to click that automatically enters the name of the character that just killed you, some radio buttons to click on for the reason of the report, and a window for any additional comment.

Make it clear what you think is going on, and they will look into it ... especially if a lot of players start reporting the same character ...
  9. WinterAero

I used to bother with apologist trash posts like yours years ago, when it was worth the effort. These days the game and its stellar rep over in the wider gaming community, for being hack ridden garbage, (usually by those who have since left like Mattiace for example) says more than enough. Or is the collective experiences of people who dominated the early days of ps2 (which granted weren't hack free either) good enough for you? Hell even Smed and Luperza used to admit hacking was a MASSIVE problem they were trying to tackle back in the day. But sure. Brush it off. People like you are so far beyond ******** I just laugh and couldn't care less. So thanks for dropping bye o_O

Peoples shared experiences aren't going to be quashed just because people like you added your 2 cents; and people aren't nearly alone in their opinions on hitbox editing. Why? Because its rampant use is a proven fact by the devs themselves after the reddit reveal. Ciao o7
  10. Beerbeerbeer

Just ignore him. Ignorance or, even worse, complicity is bliss to some. Or he’s a troll and/or he hacks, too.

But yes, hacking is a large problem. It rots and undermines the foundation of a game and this game, by all accounts, is easy to hack. Christ, how long did it take them to put in BE? They wouldn’t have done it had there not been a problem, but almost up until the day they released it, blind idiots (or secret hackers) like TobiMK (and even SOE up until a point) downplayed or outright denied it was a problem.

But, that did NOT address the scourge of hacking today: asset manipulation, which continues unfettered and by all accounts, with a quick Google search, is growing by the day.
  11. AlcyoneSerene

Those ignorant or apologists only sway the naive and ignorant so it makes no difference what they say.

Being deliberately vague, recent "announcements" completely mirror those in other online games completely unrelated to the company. It takes some simple connecting the dots to see the "lobbying" going on. Those who have been there to see it will know, to others, tinfoil is fabulous in pink metallic for all I care.

As another member mentioned, at this point one can only hope for things to get even worse so that corporate culture can no longer ignore it, and begins to select those with integrity, just as businesses are slowly learning the value in putting the customers first, not last as in this online gaming business.
  12. TobiMK

The grand delusion that this game is some hacker-infested playground is more harmful than my supposed apologist-posts either way. The difference between you and me is that I at least have anecdotal experience to back me up, where all you have is baseless accusations after being dunked for years on end by better players.

I am one of those better players, and (even if you probably don't believe it) I do play legit. I have collected hundreds of accusations of me hacking over the years, back when I was above-average to today when my stats are part of the 1% and above. That alone is enough indication to me that anyone can be perceived as hacking, especially when you consider how inept this game's playerbase is at FPS mechanics. The average player has no understanding of Clientside, thus claims that being killed in virtually an instant is equivalent to cheating; has no experience with weapon mechanics, thus being unable to tell that recoil and bloom are trivial and do not impact the aim of better players in any way; has no applicable situational awareness, thus cannot understand how better players see them coming every single time; has no grasp of movement mechanics, thus calls "medkit-shuffling" hacking; etc. I could go on and on.

Bottom line is that virtually all the "subtle hacking" that is supposedly going on can be attributed to Dunning-Kruger and ignorance.

Having said all of this, I would never deny that hackers do play this game. On the Reddit frontpage there is videos of a guy underground with an aimbot. Nobody can deny that. But when people (especially people in echo-chambers like Forumside) proclaim some huge hacker infestation, then all I can do is point them towards what I just wrote.
    • Up x 2
  13. Beerbeerbeer

You’re assuming that we are accusing everyone that is better than us as being a hacker. That’s simply not true.

You come here trying to illegitimatize our arguments around something you are assuming in your tiny head, throwing out fancy words like it adds credence to your argument.

Okay...
    • Up x 2
  14. ObiVanuKenobi

I'm a simple man, when I get killed many times, i call hax. Get out of here with your fancy words and competence.
  15. Sodamninsane

Had an entire Platoon (yes practically full) report a player, because of this hitbox/hitreg and massive hitreg delay. One person dropped two squads in less than 30 seconds. That clown, still plays to this day... Anticheats and admins are subpar at best...
    • Up x 1
  16. Sodamninsane

Kewl storey brew!
    • Up x 1
  17. NotziMad

I don't understand, I know next to nothing about cheating, could you explain?
  18. Sodamninsane

Serious? Well, I mean it's completely obvious if you actually watched the short video...
  19. NotziMad

yeah, serious
  20. Somentine

They modify the game to increase the hitbox size and trick any anti-cheat/game checks into believing that no file has been altered. In this case, they increased the head hitbox, which is why they are able to score a headshot even when they aren't hitting the model's head.

This isn't a new cheat, and it has been something that comes and goes consistently.

What is not true is the idea that this is a widespread issue, it's a few people every new iteration of the cheat who typically get banned.
    • Up x 1