Why Infiltrator is the way it is now.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by cody weathers, Nov 25, 2012.

1. cody weathers

TL;DR : Performance first, content second.

-Insert classical music-
    After reading through and replying to several infiltrator posts I found that I was repeating myself quite often to each thread so I decided to just make a new one so that it catches the eyes of more than just a few. This should be a short post so I'll just get to it.

The infiltrator isn't so much of an infiltrator at this current point in time and for very good reason. If you have messed with your settings and play infil a good amount you will notice you are extremely less visible on a low graphic setting. For this reason I can point out that the games current state of performance is a large hindering to balancing the infiltrator class. The class will remain this way until the devs have ironed out the wrinkles in the system and can properly balance the cloak effect across all graphic settings.

Once performance issues are more towards the stable side there will definitely be additions to the infiltrator. While the following is speculation there was once a Stalker camouflage which worked much like the item from Team Fortress 2 called the "Cloak and Dagger" Essentially you can cloak and while you move your energy will drain at a slow rate but if you stop moving you no longer spend energy. Higher certing would allow you to regenerate energy while not moving, and then even higher would allow you to fire your weapon while cloaked with a decreased effectiveness of your cloak for a short time. (Only pistols were allowed to be carried with this cloaking device, I also assume you could swing your knife or use your tool as well.)

All classes are pretty much in this pseudo state of preforming their intended default action but there is much to be done to them still.
    • Up x 1