Why I wont join your squad, stop asking.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nano(zip/zap), Oct 9, 2015.

1. Thardus

I've joined maybe two squads that weren't part of my outfit since this game came out, but I've certainly heard some over prox chat.

The ones that stick in my mind are those who say things like "Everyone, get on the point." "Why aren't you on the point?" "There, see, why couldn't you have just listened to me, and done that three minutes ago." They seem completely ignorant of the fact that we're outnumbered by 25%, and have been fighting tooth and nail for every inch of ground up until that time.
    So, yeah, people who think that following their orders is as easy as walking from point A to point B, and that the enemy resistance is something that's never factored in.
  2. TheDarSin

Join a decent outfit. If no one in the outfit is online at the time, make friends with others in decent outfits.

/Thread.
    • Up x 1
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

6. the platoon leader who's not there. call him Harvey the Invisible Platoon Leader... doesn't speak, doesn't put up waypoints, everyone just trails up the lattice by themselves.
  4. DeadlyPeanutt

in fairness, there are a lot of great platoon leads who make PS2 bearable to play in many cases. These guys talk politely, find objectives, arrange transport, guide players to key points like red sundies and gens, praise good performance, and hardly ever fuss at players. Good platoon leaders should get a lot of certs for doing what they do. :)
  5. PlanetBound

I think the hardest thing is finding a squad that is on the same continent or same battle.
  6. Crator

/ignore <playername> is what I use to combat this issue.
  7. Moridin6

i squad up just to give people xtra xp and a beacon to spawn on, and then mostly do my own thing, while tossing the waypoint on enemy targets. i talk on ts
  8. JojoTheSlayer

That works on VOIP as well?
  9. Crator

Um, don't think so. Have to go to UI for that or press the ENTER button on the numpad.
  10. RottenRat

I've stopped joining squads because I'm German and I read english books and watch english movies but PS2 is different. When a squad leader wants me to do something in an urgent tone maybe with some military-style abbreviations I'm just lost.
  11. Turiel =RL=

It all depends! There are good squad-leaders and there are complete idiots who can't get anything straight.

Besides that, even on a technical level it isn't exactly easy to lead in Planetside, because of the respawn-mechanics and various bugs your people can easily spawn all over the place and even on other continents. That's why most leaders decide to go for the shortcut, put everyone in a Gal and drop them on the target. Since air-operations usually end in wipes due to lack of support, it can be quite frustrating.

The biggest problem occurs when leaders pick targets that are obviously too difficult can't handle. The head through the wall approach hardly ever works in Planetside. Therefore one can only suggest that inexperienced leaders shouldn't go for Bio-Labs or any other base with more than one capture point (unless they got a huge pop-advantage). Set your goals lower and you will reach them more often. It's that simple!