Why I Uninstalled and How The Game Can Survive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verviedi

For all of those who know us, you know why this is occuring. I have just uninstalled the game for reasons I will detail below.

Reason 1- The loss of great potential.
    Planetside 2 was a damned ambitous game, made by a company who were known for making ambitous games. Sadly, this ambition paid off, but in the wrong way. Instead of an amazing, large scale war, we have several large TDM clusterfraks in bases that can not contain them, in parallel. The potential of this game has already been ruined. Certain people who have been strongly influenced by SOE have destroyed good, balanced features with their videos. The devs have also ignored useful criticism, and are instead of listening to the community, are manipulating them into supporting the ideas of the nerf callers.
    This game's potential, first and foremost, has been ruined by a vocal group on the forum and inside SOE itself. These people believe that the game should be centered upon infantry combat, and that the experience of every infantry player is identical to the experiences in CoD and Battlefield. To these people, non-infantry playstyles and force multipliers are minor obstacles that infantry should be able to win against in a 1v1 every time. These people are easy to spot, as they are the dev alts and players who call players who use true combined arms gameplay "vehicle crutchers" and "farmers". This has given rise to a nerf culture. SOE uses their alts to push nerfs and create the illusion of listening to the community, youtubers make edited, biased videos that show things in a false "Overpowered" light. Things such as the rocket launcher, all vehicles, and heavy shield are being targeted by this group, and will be nerfed into complete uselessness unless the community can present a unified front.
    This group is malicous in it's goals, and uses buzzwords such as "IWin Shield", "Farmer", "Crutcher", and "Rocket primary" to cause the community to associate the word with a negative feeling. This negative feeling will cause the worse players to rush to the nerf callers side, as they associate the buzzword with "Overpoweredness" and mentally exagerrate the weapon's capabilities.
    The nerf culture and negative changes created by SOE have destroyed the game's potential, and limited it to nothing more than a revenue farm.

Reason 2- Poor Performance.
    SOE has focused more and more on revenue-generating cosmetics, and has ignored the optimizations that desperately needed to be done. The Hitching Bug caused me to go on my second hiatus, and after my return, performance has dropped to a point where I barely get 12 FPS in the air, from 40 when I began playing. With such unplayable framerate, there is no reason for me to continue playing.

Reason 3- Development Direction
    Instead of addressing the massive new player retention problem the game has, or the overpowered infantry, or the broken weapons like the NS-10 bursters, SOE has decided to do the following.

•Make rockets not kill with splash, and be survivable with Flak 5.
    •Doing the same with HEAT shells. (A new player's only tank cannon)
    •Adding many, many, many, many useless camos and hats.
    •Nerfing Vanguard Shield.
    •Nerfing Heavy Shield (Well, they will if the community doesn't band together...)
    •Manipulate the community by encouraging nerf callers.

This is the exact opposite direction the game should be going.

The Future, and what is Needed for the Game's Survival.
    •More positive community interaction is needed. Instead of using nerf callers to start nerf threads, SOE needs to use their real accounts to start community thoughts threads. Ask the community what it thinks of something, and sticky that thread. Find out from LEGITIMATE RESEARCH what the playerbase wants and how to go about achieving it.

•More subtle changes. When SOE nerfs, they make the thing useless for the entire rest of the game's life. (RIP ZOE, PPA, Striker, Harassers). For example, instead of nerfing the PPA's mag size, damage, CoF, splash, and sights, SOE could have
    tried slight reductions in splash or damage one at a time to balance the gun. Not make it useless.

•Tell infantry peons to ****. You know they're only here because they're bored with the new CoD, and will ditch the game as soon as the newer CoD comes out. Tell them that this is a combined arms game, not Future Laser CoD.

•Give Mods names. Instead of SOE-MOD-XX, allow them to at least choose a username. It's too easy to see them as robots. Allowing the mods to have usernames (as long as they aren't against the rules (profane,sexual, ect...)) would allow me to see SOE as a friendly company instead of a faceless monolith.

Thank you.

And to SOE, I do not regret spending my money on your game. Your game brought me great happiness, and it saddens me greatly that I had to uninstall. Please, be constructive.
    I have not broken any rules in this post.
    • Up x 11
  2. BlueSkies

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  3. Waratorium

TL:DR.

One of the biggest unspoken rules of game forums- don't make a big rambling post when you leave a game. Its just annoying and makes you look like an attention seeker. Just leave quietly.
    • Up x 5
  4. Verviedi

This is a hybrid post, with a dual purpose of constructive criticism and detailing why I won't be playing with you guys anymore.
    • Up x 5
  5. Colakold

Reason 2 is difficult. It looks like every PC has its own life when it comes to playing PS2. Since i started playing PS2 i have the same framerate. In empty warpgates i get 35 frames and in big battles with to much units i get a fast slideshow. But i dont get mad because its not SOEs fault that i have a bad PC. In PS2 your game performance is realy YOUR game performance.
  6. Critic

The game is completely inconsistent and does nothing well except irritate the user.

Frankly I think it's hot scrip[ted during gameplay to nerf and or buff factions in order to coax the idea that it's balanced. One day you are rambo the next you are aren't even bambi

With that said, it's sort of an addicting irritation that grows on you like a rash.

I have to go itch now.
    • Up x 1
  7. Critic

Now that I have scratched my armor off I know that i am the same thing as I was before I gave up 1000 certs.
  8. travbrad

So basically you're mad that SOE has nerfed a lot of the splash weapons that don't require precise aiming and instead can be spammed for easy kills? There is a solution to this you know. It's called aiming.

Vanguard shield nerf LOL, it's still the best anti-vehicle tank. Somehow I get the impression you want to farm infantry even in a vanguard though.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hot Pockets

It's all a conspiracy!!
    • Up x 1
  10. Hot Pockets

Maybe YOU'RE a dev's alt in disguise!
  11. Hot Pockets

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ ͡°)
    • Up x 3
  12. GoyoElGringo

Giving everyone a vehicle at any time hurt the game. Infantry is simply going to be destroyed by vehicles, and since vehicles are cheap, there is going to be a lot of them. The vehicles in Battlefield are really powerful, but they get away with it because there is a limited number per map.

The way for PS2 to work around that problem is with clever map design. Unfortunately, while a few bases do find moderate success with this, the maps are full of bases and things would get pretty repetitive if they were just copy-pasted. So instead we have a ton of spam from vehicles, which really kills the infantry gameplay. SOE has decided(at least up until this point) that they want to nerf nerf nerf and give everyone access to anti-vehicle weapons in order to ease the frustration of infantry players.

I don't believe the problems lies with people complaining, I believe it lies in the poor game design.
    • Up x 3
  13. Nailhimself

What´s wrong with the burster?
  14. doombro

The game will survive, but it will never prosper. It was built on a pile of mistakes. They tried to build the game around PS1's mistakes and the modern shooter's successes rather than building it on PS1's ambition and the modern shooter's accessibility. Instead, they threw out all of PS1's good points in favor of the same stuff we've had in the average shooter since 2007. While they definitely stand firmly on a long list of grievances, balance issues are the least of the game's concerns. On consoles, it might just stand a chance, for a few months.
    • Up x 3
  15. Gemenai

Logged in 3 days ago. Latency 3 times higher than normal, FPS (max) only a third of what i´m used to (AGAIN !).
    Don´t know what they did again, doesn´t matter => they´re doing it wrong.
    I don´t even bother with balance issues or metagame, if the game itself isn´t even running stable.
    I´ll check again in a week or so if they made some changes to improve that situation; if not, well might as well uninstsall the game, too.
  16. Horrida Messor

OP sounds to me as a whiny kid, who was playing only to farm us ("peons"). And after SOE Higby's up his ability to just point in a general direction of infantry and "press X to win" he got butchered and butchered hard.
    Well this is a classical example of ********.
  17. Crashsplash

SOE using alt's to create nerf threads on the forums???? This is 'tin foil hat' territory.
    • Up x 5
  18. Noktaj

Skipped here and there in the wall-o-text to see if it was worth my time, then I read this:

I stopped reading :rolleyes:

See you in a couple of months mate.
    • Up x 2
  19. Colakold

The only thing we can do is to wait for the new supply and ANT system. At the point we have Trucks who are transporting supply for the bases this can be a gamechanger.

If you talk about COD or Battlefield i have to say that killing is more easy in this games. In Battlefield every class is able to do the job. It doesnt matter if you take a LMG, carbine or assault rifle. You can do it with all classes.
    In PS2 its a different situation. In PS2 every class has its own special role. As an engineer i can have unlimited ammo and i can repair everything but my power against infantry is not that great. Every time i go in a gunfight and i´m dead in seconds.

Maybe this is a reason why people are looking to games like Battlefield or COD. In this games you can be part of the infantry gameplay without looking on the classes. In PS2 it can be frustrating to know that you kill nothing as an support class without vehicles.
  20. Verviedi

There is no such thing as "farming". Stop abusing those buzzwords. Infantry do the exact same thing when a spawn is camped, or when a tank column is approaching ans everyone pulls AV.

If you were smart, you would notice that
    A. My account was made in January 2014
    B. I fight AGAINST nerfs and aim AGAINST causing oppurtunities for the nerf crowd to gather.
    C. If I was a dev, I wouldn't uninstall, because the game would be going according to my plans.

So professional.

I covered this when talking about nerf culture.

It can fire out of spawn room shields, and can hit targets out of render range.

Was wondering when one of you would show up. There is no such thing as press X to win. My X key is bound to command chat. What butchered me more was hitching bug. I quit vehicles as soon as they were made useless.

It makes sense if you read it.
    -Person makes nerf thread
    -People say anti-nerf things
    -SOE uses alts to bump it and create controversy, often asking youtubers to make edited videos that a false idea of "Overpoweredness" (Rocket Launchers, Heavy Shield)
    -People who support the nerf flood the thread. This creates the illusion that a massive majority supports the nerf.
    -SOE pushes the nerf.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.