Why I stopped playing

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by qhfreddy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. qhfreddy

Rubbish, the CPU usage is low on all cores, the 3.1GHz is constant (I measured/monitored during game) and I can run 3.1GHz with full load and 670MHz on my 670m with full load too...

It is not CPU or GPU limited, it is badly optimized

My ram is 12GB DDR3 (3x4GB) at 1600MHz
  2. SneakyTouchy

Let me rephrase what I just said with logical equivalence, just because it makes you feel better.

Planetside is not tuned for your CPU. You need a different CPU to play Planetside with better performance. Your RAM is good enough, your GPU is good enough, your CPU is not. Also, don't pretend to know how performance relates to core usage. You're not qualified for that and your assumption is irrelevant.
  3. DeusExMachina

I bet no dev will care unless you name your topic "Why i stopped paying".
  4. Slyguy65

Jesus man...that is wow.
  5. qhfreddy

Well if it cant run on a 3.1GHz 4 core but it can on a 3.7 GHz 4 core that has no hyperthreading, it is badly optimized...

So explain to me why a 2410QM and GTX 555m (144 shader version) can run the game at almost exactly the same framerate? And explain to me how different a 36xxQM series CPU is so very different from a 37xx desktop one in and major architectural way. I'm sorry but the architecture is hardly any different so the performance/clock should be the same...
  6. JGrubb165

Hey freddy there are some things you can do to have your gpu run this game better, but you already have a good gpu, there is supposed to be a big performance patch soon though. So I have played bf3 with you before, I recently showed one of my friends my game reviews and I say your name in chat. I remember you were trolling the noob that kept calling me a hacker. That is if you used the same name if you want to verify check the video out around 2:00 .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrIjn6_tFo
  7. Veri

I can only assume the nVidia drivers for your 670m are not matured for this game.

I get 60fps capped due to vsync until I look at areas which have particles or heavy use of shaders which will drop the frame down to about 40 frames.

I don't notice this unless I have the fps counter on.