Why I play Lone Wolf at times.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Unadude, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Unadude

I call it Lone Wolf. Not sure what it's officially called. I am also part of a great
    Outfit and I do play with them a lot of the time. But, there are times when I

Sometimes I will be at a base with no one else and I will cap it (ghost cap) and sometimes it goes
    uncontested and other times it doesn't. Sometimes I will go to A and then
    C and then B and someone on their side will be going behind me uncapping what I
    have done. And I just keep going around them and recapping. It's fun. I am not sure if they
    think its fun or if its ticking them off. Sometimes we run into one another and I can
    kill them or they can kill me. I might have even brought a Sundy along. Depends.

Other times I like being on low population continents. Smaller fights are better for
    sharpening your skills. In a LARGE fight which is very typical with my outfit, it's
    hard to turn around without someone shooting out of no where and you have to take cover.
    In smaller fights, this is less of a problem and you have to stalk them or they have
    to stalk you and it's fun to know in the end it's going to be me or them. And you KNOW who
    is killing you. Or you KNOW who you killed. The play style is very different.

Large battles are fun, too and if my Outfit is not signed in which happens I will help
    whatever Outfit/Zerg I find myself a part of.

All players, IMO, will benefit from experiencing all play style.
    • Up x 2
  2. sebastian oscar post

i kinda know what your talking about. i try to gost-cap as stalker clocker at the point and try to make a sandwich in the process but i always die.
    Oh mighty ghost-caper please tell me how to truly cap?
  3. Pikachu

I never join a squad. They do stupid things like participate in battles without population advantage. Or fight boring bases like they can't win because defenders has reached critical mass like at Vanu Archives and biolabs. They also stay in bases spawn rooms when they have been defeated and complain about spawn camping as if they are entitled to a 50% chance of defending regardless of how powerful the enemy is.
  4. CorporationUSA

I haven't played with other people in a while. On the ground that doesn't matter that much, but it's pretty brutal in the air by yourself.

I find the wraith flash to be the best solo vehicle. It's extremely effective and has quite a bit of survivability.
  5. JobiWan

I joined a random squad/platoon the other night. PL put a waypoint up, so I pulled a Sundy and set off towards it. Then he moved the WP to like 2k away, so I changed direction. Got to within 200m, he moved the WP again to 1k away, this went on for 10 minutes. He was mumbling stuff into his mic, I couldn't hear most of what he said. This is a common thing with public squads, so I usually just lone wolf because of poor squad leaders.

When my outfit members are one, it's different.
  6. Klabauter8

To me it doesn't really matter much if I play alone or in a squad/platoon/outfit. I'm basically always left alone.

Teamplay is non-existent for me in this game, except perhaps for infantry players.
  7. Ballto21

i would rather ghost cap hossin than fight on a primetime esamir alert regardless of pals or outfits
  8. Sulsa

2 years and 10 months into this game and I have lone wolfed over 99% of the time.
    I like trying to read the battles and see how I can affect the outcome without being pigeon-holed into a squad doing the 'spawn-front line assault-die-repeat'

Recently though I have been joining open squads and it's been ok...

LWFE
    (Lone Wolf Forever)
  9. Eternaloptimist

I lone wolf by default but try to 'read' what's going on in a battle and choose my class and actions accordingly. If invited, I will join a squad, platoon or whatever but this is usually for the bous XP you get for supporting team mates (resupply, leadership ribbons or whatever).

I belong to a couple of outfits I was invited to join but only one of them seems to ahve any significant number of members online at the times I play and I've not seen any posts about planned outfit events
  10. Raysen

I kinda feel like the game has a poor teamplay. It feels like coordination isn't rewarded at all, the only thing which counts is outnumbering the enemy. If you are enough, you win regardless of how you fight.
    Being in a platoon or outfit only makes that mass grouping easier, but apart from the waypoints it still seems like all the time "all by themself".
  11. Towie

Finding a 'good' outfit / squad leader really has its merits; there are plenty that I recognise by name now and always try to join one of their squads if they're on.
    I find playing in an organised squad to be a lot of fun but it has its downsides - want to play MBT for any length of time ? Not likely in a fast moving squad. AND - smaller fights are simply more fun (for me anyway).

So I do both. Probably squad play slightly more, but isn't it great to have so many choices ?
  12. stalkish

For clarification:
    Ghost Cap : To place a hack on a base AND THEN LEAVE THE BASE.

Serously this has been said over and over, if you stay and defend its not a ghost.

Think about it logically, as the defender, would you arrive at a base thats been hacked, kill an enemy player and then say 'huh must have been a ghost that hacked this', no you wouldnt, youd say, this guy hacked the base i just killed him and resecured.

If you were to arrive at a base, find no enemy presence and resecure the base without incident you would absolutely say to yourself 'a ghost must have hacked this'.

The ghost may very well return and hack again, at this point it really does become a ghost since each time you respond you find no1.
  13. Liewec123

i'm 99 now on my main and my alts are both around 40, i've never had an outfit and have hardly spent any time in a squad.
    Lone Wolf is just more fun than sitting around with 5 guys because another guy told you to.
  14. customer548

Cheezy "tactics". Egotic conversations. Pushing again and again to the same useless point because a random "boss" said so. Redeploying again and again in order to find easy fights. Being unable to play a considered "useless" class. Overpoping or leaving.

No thanks. Lone wolfing is way more fun.
  15. 0fly0

Playing alone is more fun, you can choose your fight, what and when you want to spawn a vehicule, avoid the boring biolab, not having your ear destroy by a leader who can only say " push to a, push, push! " seriously i fell like a ******* pregnant women when i join a squad :rolleyes: .
    I do my part as solo player too, i hack terminal, i dart the place all the time, i spawn sundie for the faction, pretty much everytime i'm the last guy alive for defending the point...
    I think squad and teamplay are great when you're in a really good outfit but for random player not so much.
    • Up x 1
  16. JohnGalt36

Lone-wolfing as a stealth class/vehicle is fun, but I always play with a squad if I'm going to play as a non-infiltrator-foot-peasant.

Stealth Vanguard/Lightning getting behind enemy lines and flanking, sniping, and flying a stealth Reaver with racer and AB are extremely rewarding for me when I solo.

Playing in squads with the 666 guys as an Engi or Heavy is always fun for me, though. Most of the leaders there really have a knack for striking a balance between having fun and capping bases.
    • Up x 2
  17. Navron

I am the same way. I'd much rather play on Hossin (which is actually my favorite continent) than be on Indar during alerts. Unfortunately, I am only one of the few people in my outfit who think this way.
  18. Yuki10

Wow... so you like doing...nothing? just walking around, standing in corners while icons flash? I could care less about any and every aspect of the game except for the action part - you know - aiming, shooting...
  19. Jake the Dog

I must not be on enough I barely notice 666 these days...
  20. Unadude

Wow, long list of replies.

So, it's not really ghost capping. Got it.

I am with a very good Outfit and I do enjoy playing with them. When I want to.
    But, not all of the time.

I guess there are more Lone Wolfs in the game than I realized. Cool!