Why I play Light assault!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by WacKo, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Glythe

That's exactly why I play heavy assault; if you aren't playing the same class you are at a supreme disadvantage.
  2. LordTankT9

Galaxy fly best with smooth music. Also it makes conflict non existent, shells and ammo are just light show. :)
  3. Skadi

Those Vanu... were blind as hell, how did they not see you go up o_O
    Why cant the vanu on my server be this stupid
  4. namd3

Perfect example of a broken class, you need less Armour and your guns actually need some CoF

Your class is most OP in game unless your caught out you'll win
  5. Aerius

As do I :(

Nice vid. The guys standing in the same spot you chucked the nade after you floated away, wtf? Lol.
  6. Cinc

So... do you mean that if someone else sees us first, we'll lose... and that if we see someone first... we'll win?

Dude, thats been accepted fact for a while now
  7. WacKo

My minitage will be out soon, be sure to subscribe :) Thanks for all the feedback so far :)
  8. namd3

Remove C4 , the weapons needs slower RoF, and more CoF, your a one man army you shouldn't be able to take out tanks or fixed positions your job purely be focused on infantry, also the jets need a longer charger time, more in line with Shields 12 secs at least and remove the ability to fire while in mid air completely.

the class is ruining infantry combat there no counter to them you need to have eyes in the back of your head, TTK is way to quick there's no time to respond, hence why i believe the RoF needs to come down significantly. unless i've been playing agianst hackers ,I'm almost insta dying to theses guns(not shotguns) with HA with full resist shields and nanoweave armour...

There are no negatives in my eyes no counter at a infantry level.

NERF or remove from game, in my view it unbalances all aspects of infantry combat to have one man army running loose.
  9. Cinc

Stage 1 - NERF

Stage 2 - ????

Stage 3 - profit
  10. Achmed20

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  11. altonyc

This is why I play light assault, as well. I've only had epic moments like this one a few times (Of course in situations like that I'm runnint 20-24 fps, which I'm a bit sensitive to. But if I was really skilled that wouldn't be an issue), but they feel so good. I find it really hard to get multikills with the c4...it always seems to take so long to be able to detonate it, and the killing radius feels lackluster (though that could just be flak armor), but flying around people and shooting them feels so good (even if I don't often get enough hits to kill, and have to fall back on my beamer).

You mentioned you were using the Jaguar with laser sight. I have a couple questions relating to this:

1. Just laser sight, or advanced (level 2)?
    2. Is the Jaguar the TR highest rof carbine, or second? I'm not familiar with TR weapons since I play VS, and I use the VX6-7 which is the second-highest rof VS carbine, next to the Serpent. Or do TR carbines just have higher ROF in general (I know the defaults do, but not sure about others)?
  12. WacKo

Laser Sight level 1, I'm not to sure about the ROF sorry :(
  13. altonyc

Thanks man. Don't sweat about the ROF, I can find that out myself.

I really need a better computer. 20-ish fps in some of those fights really makes a difference from the 30-37 I get in some smaller fights.
  14. WacKo

There's loads of fps tweak guides out there, just have a look on the forums :)
  15. altonyc

Yeah, I've gotten my framerate pretty good, but I know I'm running on weak hardware.

And from my own testing, I've determined that the Jaguar has the same firerate as the VX6-7, just with 10 more rounds and a much longer reload (standard for TR).

Thanks for posting this video, it reminds me why I play LA.
  16. WacKo

If you want to subscribe, I'll be uploading a minitage soon :)
  17. Iridar51

You can check things as Rate of Fire in online spreadsheet
    On the subject, Jaguar and TRAC 5 (the default TR carbine) have 750 RoF, highest RoF on TR Carbine is Lynx with 800.
    GD-7F and Serpent have 845 RoF.
    • Up x 1
  18. WacKo

Thanks for the post bro :)