Why I dislike the current NC AI MAX.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Kirbs, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Kozlovsky

But I've auraixumed the skep, grounder, deci and ml7? Some of the easiest auraxiums I've done. I also have about 800+ kills with the TOW launcher. As I said, average ****ters wont be able to use it, but decent players will.

It seems that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, so I'll lay it our for you like your mother lays out the cardboard when it's time for your finger painting lesson. I'm clearly talking about being in a vehicle when I bring up fractures/ravens being used at ranges up to 100m's. Fractures are pathetic when used in AV, don't even get me started on how utterly pathetic they are for AI. Ravens are an upgrade in every way and to say anything else is just stupidity.

Also, that logic sounds fine, if you're up face to face with a scatmax, chances are you're a dead man.
  2. Kozlovsky

Let me guess, one of those heroes who fights for freedom by firing a phoenix from within your spawn room? Balance.
  3. Kriegson

Title: "Why I dislike the current NC AI MAX."

current NC AI MAX.

NC AI MAX.

AI MAX

AI
    That aside, no one is arguing that fractures aren't bad AI. Only that falcons aren't very good AI unless it's under a very specific set of circumstances that virtually any other normal infantry weapon would be better at. It's not bad compensation for the AI on MAX's being utterly useless at beyond 10 m.

At any rate. Falcons are OK AI, but only about as reliable as rocket primary decimator. Which is to say not very much. Ravens; See above. Scattercannons: ********. No one really likes them. Those shooting them and certainly not those being shot by them, at least in their current format.
  4. amega

Nope. One of those fredoomfigters who played almost two years without phoenix and ravens =))
  5. Shocklate

Ohh even worse
  6. Ixidron

Best way to solve this:

3 new NS weapons for MAXes, a Kobalt like, a Fury like and a Renegade like weapon.

Here is some copy & paste from an old thread of mine:

Shield bash: Basic melee attack, reduced damage (3 hits to kill instead of 2), but with bigger sweep radius (able to hit several targets in front of it), maybe with an small knockback or concussion effect (1-2 seconds), it's meant to avoid people just passing though you and shooting at you from your inside.
    It will also make you vulnerable as you will expose yourself to fire while bashing.

Spawn room Shield behaviour: Basically make one-way, so friendlies can shoot and pass through it, but enemies cannot pass through (it's solid), grenades (expect sticky) will bounce back, C4 or mines won't pass through either, it also needs to be wider so it can involve real teamplay, think of it as S.W.A.T ballistic shield, the MAX will be charging through the door with an small insertion team behind him, using him as a cover.
    Explosions won't damage teammates behind the MAX.

[IMG]

Firing with your main hand: This one is a bit controversial, some people think it might be OP, so I'll add some limitations, an small delay, if you are not firing you have your main hand protected behind the shield, if you want to fire you have to raise your main weapon and place it in position, an small delay of 0.5-1 seconds between the mouse click and the first shot will prevent this from being OP, if you stop shooting or you reload your weapon you'll cover yourself again, so you'll have to repeat the cycle.
    You will also expose yourself a bit, in order to fire you need to rebalance the weigh of your shield, leaving some of your suit exposed to fire and explosions.

Running with your shield up: You'll be able to sprint like you normally do, but you'll leave most of your body exposed, the shield will cover your side instead of your front, still, you'll run a bit slower, if you hold your right mouse button you'll cover more of your front, making you run even more slowly, but still faster than walking, running will make your shield move, leaving some parts exposed.
    • Up x 1
  7. SoldierHobbes

Personally, I think the NC max is in a great spot. It's the only Max unit that has it's own flavor. The TR and VS maxes are too similar and play too middle of the road that they may as well make them NS maxes. Personally, I don't think the NC max has a problem, since it has a good amount of faction identity. I think the TR and VS need to get more obvious strengths and weaknesses that match with their faction, like the NC max has currently.
  8. capoach

Why kirbs dislikes the max is because he is using it totally wrong. Just ignore his post and ask a max that actually knows what hes doing if you need help with anything.
  9. HydeAut

I´m rather new to the game and my kdr with NC-Maxes is less than 1, so please tell me how you attack a well defended point with a NC-Max?
  10. JonboyX

If I may say, I think the main issue here is that you're not using charge.

The shield was good at launch, but is now - in my opinion - poor. As soon as they bugged it/changed the AOE calculations so that it couldn't block explosive damage, it became too situational. You become too much a sitting duck to AV grenades.

Any good outfit, or semi organised squad will be able to lock down a point against stragglers. With some support though in the form of smoke/concs, you can minimise the number of enemies shooting at you, then take a couple of NC maxes and charge them in. Yes: first one through will likely drop; but if you can get a friendly max or two in amongst the 'lockdown' you'll cause havoc... far more effectively than the other empire's maxes could.

Are NC maxes as good the other way around - i.e. lock down? No; maybe not. There has to be some down side to having all that aggressive firepower, at least in my mind. They are still good though; let heavies do the brunt of the door suppression, and you mop up anything that gets in. With mattocks, you can still contribute at hall width away.

I've tried other empires maxes. I can see how they can work, but I don't think we've got the rough end of the stick by any stretch.
  11. capoach

Charge in as far as possible and kill every medic and engineer you can. Without their support the maxes will fall. if you run in a decent outfit this works much easier because you are more coordinated. If you go solo, good luck you will die alot. But like the others said do not use the shield you are a walking kill me sign and it is to buggy to count on. Use charge to get in/out asap.
  12. GaveYouHermes

In this thread, you can see the Common NC, scientific name, Novaconglomorus Complainius. They completely ignore their strengths and instead focus on their negligible weaknesses, believing that their arsenal should be both the most versatile and the most deadly. Their scientists are currently working on a chain gun nuke launcher, but it is expected they will then complain that they have to die in order to completely wipe out every enemy within a click of detonation(s).
  13. GarryStutter

I liked the clip that the youtuber Moukass made about the TR MAX. He switched to a Terran MAX and tore it up. I have been in MAX crashes and on the receiving end. An NC MAX crash isn't more lethal, the volume of maxes is most the work. Which is also most likely to work against NC max crashes, you can't snipe past each other, it is very often a one per one line up thing. Not partially covering each other to get a shot, or clearing the doorway as you come in from further out. IT is also much safer as infantry to move in with non NC maxes. You know what I'm talking about, those guys that sit in the corner and shoot everything with an SMG or LMG while everyone does the "OHH shid MAX crash" thing. Moving in with NC shotty MAX'es is something I've come to give up on.
  14. Leivve

Shield - Usefulness can fluctuate from life saving to useless, even in 1v1 situations with a HA. "I ain't fraid of no MAX!"
    Zealot - Good when used properly, but can get you killed if not or you are caught out.
    Lockdown - Either the best ability or the complete worst depending on the situation. When holding a point can be exceptional at keeping enemies out of the room, but once they start swarming in, the inability to move will ensure you're eating dumb fires and AV grenades.