Why I call you loserpoders ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrainerS2, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Konfuzfanten

Counter = the ability to hunt down and kill your target.
    Deterrent = the ability to kill, but cant hunt down your target.
    • Up x 1
  2. HooWoo

You make roughly 600-800 certs a day?

so based on your SPM you roughly spend 8-10.66 hours a day on PlanetSide 2?
  3. ColdCheezePizza

Theres nothing more satisfying in this game then killing an esf with a dumb rocket or outsniping an infil with a 4x lmg and reminding them that they arent as safe as they think they are.
  4. Chipay

ESF deterrent =
    AF-19 Mercenary
    AF-4 Cyclone
    AMR-66
    Anchor
    Artemis
    AS16 Nighthawk
    Beamer VS3
    Blitz GD-10
    Blue Shift
    Carnage BR
    Cerberus
    CME
    Corvus
    Cosmos
    Cycler TRV
    Deimos VA29
    Eidolon
    EM1
    EM6
    Equinox
    Equinox Burst
    Eridani SX5
    FA1 Barrage
    Flare
    Gauss Compact Burst
    Gauss Compact S
    Gauss Rifle
    Gauss Rifle Burst
    Gauss Rifle S
    Gauss SAW S
    Gauss SPR
    GD-22S
    GD-66 Claw
    GD-7F
    Ghost
    GR-22
    Grinder
    H-V45
    Hacksaw
    Heavy Cycler
    HSR-1
    Impetus
    Jackhammer
    KSR-35
    LA3 Desperado
    LA39 Bruiser
    LA80
    Lasher
    LC2 Lynx
    LC3 Jaguar
    Longshot
    M77-B
    Mag-Shot
    Manticore
    Mattock
    Mauler S6
    Mercy
    MSW-R
    Mutilator
    NC14 Bolt Driver
    NC6 Gauss Saw
    Nebula
    Nova
    NS-11 Platinum
    NS-11A
    NS-11C
    NS-15M
    NS-357 Underboss
    NS-44 Commissioner
    NS-60 Flamethrower
    NS-7 PDW
    Nyx
    Onslaught
    Orion
    Pandora
    Parallax
    PDW-16 Hailstorm
    Phantom
    Phobos VX86
    Piston
    Pulsar C
    Pulsar LSW
    Pulsar VS1
    Quasar
    RAMS .50M
    Razor GD-23
    Reaper DMR
    Rebel
    SABR-13
    SAS-R
    Scattercannon
    Serpent
    Shadow
    Sirius SX12
    SMG-46 Armistice
    SOAS-20
    Solstice
    Solstice Burst
    Solstice SF
    SR-7
    Stalker
    SVA-88
    Sweeper
    T1 Cycler
    T16
    T1B Cycler
    T1S Cycler
    T32 Bull
    T5 AMC
    T7 Mini-Chaingun
    T9 CARV
    T9 CARV-S
    TAR
    TAS-16 Blackjack
    Thanatos
    TMG-50
    TRAC-5
    TRAC-5 Burst
    TRAC-5 S
    TRS-12 Uppercut
    TS2 Inquisitor
    TS4 Haymaker
    TSAR-42
    TX1 Repeater
    TX2 Emperor
    Ursa
    V10
    VA39 Spectre
    VX29 Polaris
    VX6-7
    Warden

XM98
    M12 Kobalt
    M20 Basilisk
    M40 Fury
    S12 Renegade

ESF Counter =

G30 Walker
    G40-F Ranger
    M12 Kobalt
    M12 Basilisk
    M40 Fury
    M60-G Bulldog
    E540 Halberd
    G20 Vulcan-H
    P525 Marauder-H
    Saron HBR-H
    Proton II PPA-H
    Enforcer ML65-H
    Enforcer C85 Modified-H
    C75 Viperr
    L100 Phython HEAT
    L100 Phyton AP
    L100 Phton HE
    Skygaurd
    L30R Vektor
    CAS30 Tank Burster
    AP30 Shredder
    C150 Dalton
    L105 Zepher
    M20 Drake
    M60-A Bulldog
    A30 Walker
    P2-120 HEAT
    P2-120 AP
    P2-120 HE
    G30 Vulcan
    P525 Marauder
    Titan-150 HEAT
    Titan 150-AP
    Titan-150 HE
    Enforcer ML85
    Enforcer C85 Modified (SOE BUFF THIS FFS)
    Supernova PC
    Supernova FPC
    Supernova VPC
    Proton II PPA
    Saron HRB
    M14 Banshee
    M18 Needler
    M18 Rotary
    Tomcat A2AM Pods
    Helfire Rocket Pods
    M20 Mustang
    Vortek Rotary
    M30 Mustang AH
    Breaker Rocket Pods
    Hailstorm Turbo Laser
    Light PPA
    Saron Laser Cannon
    Photon A2A Missle Pods
    Dual Photon pods.
    • Up x 1
  5. Xasapis

To be fair, most of what you listed need a critical mass to be effective. A single infantry shooting your ESF is laughable, a squad doing it can make it dangerous.
  6. Chipay

That argument would mean something if we weren't talking about Planetside 2, if An ESF enters a 48 vs 48 fight there'll be a 3-5 infantry players shooting with LMG's, 1-3 (more if you're facing TR :p ) lock on Heavies locking on you and a Skyguard/Burster firing at you.
  7. Konfuzfanten

Again a "counter" means you can actually catch and kill your target. Nothing in your listed is actually a counter.

and no pulling an ESF to kill and ESF is not a counter.

Remove the ability to attack ground from ESF and the problem is solved. The funny thing is that tanks can play just fine with defined roles, AI rolling with AV for protection, but ESF for some reason thinks that an abomination if they have to choose.
  8. Chipay

By that argument, no tank could kill a harasser, no MBT could kill the Prowler, No ESF could kill the mosquito, the flash would be the second best ground vehicle, LA with Adrenaline pump would be the best infantry class in the game, MBTs the worst unit in the game, lightnings stronger than MBTs.
  9. Chipay

A MBT with an AP maingun and a Walker as secondary can kill infantry, ground and air.
    A Liberator with the right loadout can engage Infantry, air and armor, nerf them alllll.
  10. Konfuzfanten

Do you get the difference between being able to "kill something" and "hunt down and kill something" aka the difference between a counter and a deterrent?
  11. Chipay

It doesn't matter if you can't keep up with it, as long as you kill it, My AP Magrider can't keep up with a Harasser yet it is considered a counter.
    • Up x 1
  12. NoctD

Hunting doesn't mean chasing. Most hunters actually sit in one stop, lure their target in, and kill them.

Deterrent = chasing something off but not really having the ability to kill them.

If you want to PURSUE, learn to play and fly an ESF. But I guess bads will always be bads!
  13. Xasapis

We will have to see how ESF balance will change with the promised changes that will supposedly make the distinction between AA and AG ESFs more prominent.
  14. NoctD

AA ESFs will be more capable of taking down AG ESFs, AG ESFs will still kill bads on the ground, and people will still cry like babies cause they get killed. Loserplodder infantry types will always be just that, meatshields that get killed by all sorts of stuff cause they refuse to learn to play the whole game.
    • Up x 2
  15. Kaktwox

What the hell are you even talking about? So based on your mindless statement, you are implying that nothing that I listed can kill an ESF they only deter them? All pilots must have a 95.0 KD, and all their deaths come from trees.
  16. Schwarzpferd

You guys act like a dual burster max is death to us. You know keep thinking that, and I will keep showing you guys that it takes only one clip from hailstorm turbo laser to kill a full health max and dual burster cannot do enough damage to esf to kill it first. (when both enemies see each other at same time and are within a range of 100m or so, which is the range my scythe usually fights.)

Though I think I can safely say I am not a loserpodder or whatever you called it. Getting kills with main gun is so much better, and I save rockets for enemies that need to die or sunderors and spwan beacons.

However many act like it takes no skill to be a2g...I must disagree. It is a high stakes game. One moment of inattention and I am one hit killed by a vanguard, Dalton, or rocket launcher. I also use radar 99% of the time so no way to break lock-ons but to run. I can only solo kill a skyguard it driver is completely incompetent. If I get hit for a second or so with flak and striker locks me I am dead. Two g2a locks will pretty much kill me. As such being called a coward is a correct statement regarding me...I call myself that for I must live to come back and either kill or keep radar up for teammates.

I could go on but basically I have been flying scythe for a long time as hardcore a2g and I can say I am not effective at all against people who work together and know what they are doing, but against zergs and people that never cared to learn to play I am lethal. Case and point, I have been in fights where no one cared to bring any form of aa, and just zerged, not only that when I killed them they never seemed to care one bit to check and see that I was using radar (which is externally visible and clearly shown to enemy when I kill them) As a result a lot died. Another time I flew in to attack a tr squad, got a kill, several of them returned to sundy, switched to striker ha and let me feel the love upon my return. Could not touch that squad rest of the battle.

In short what I am saying is while some pilots are indeed terrible and pathetic, not everyone who uses rocket pods is terrible.(they are not great either, I mean it easiest way of getting kills as esf) Again I use them when an enemy "Has to die now" or on sunderors and spawn beacons, but my auraxium medal on hailstorm turbo laser shows that rockets are not all I use. Not only that i believe it is lame to stay in your aircraft when there is points to be capped, you need to be willing to get out and take points, sure you may die but I never felt bad dieing on foot because I got out of my esf to cap a point, or stop a gen overload. Proof of what I am saying can be summed up in this pic from my killboard found here. (pic may be small but you can tell it is not all pods)

Basically I am not saying I am awesome...far far from it, just saying there is an idea that if one uses a rocketpod and kills an infantry that playing is a lame person. Not that I care, call me lame all you want, I will keep on doing my best to stop you from retaking point, to stop your sunderor and to kill your spawn beacon. So as for names..well call me a lamepodder, but my given name according to many victims is....well such names are not appropriate for forums. :) Even funnier is when people start throwing german words my way because my name is german. Words of which they have no idea of the true meanings or have just outright misspelled or misused. One guy called me, get this a "waitress" Point being if you truly think I am lame for using rocket pods know that half the fun comes from hearing your insults. Feel free to keep german ones coming too, since I have yet to have an english-speaker throw one my way that was actually written correctly.

Also ever hear of flak armor? It exists for a reason. In all the times I have used rockets I can defiantly tell when someone has well-certed flak armor. One guy survived an entire rocket clip because he moved well in combination with flak armor. Many times on receiving end enemy esf's have given up because flak armor plus regen kit or med pack is great combo.
  17. KnightCole

Yeah, and pilots cry that planes are to weak. Sorry, no they are not. Ive flown them into flak several times. Ive flown libbys into flak, and all I can say is if my tank could take that many hits, id be living in the thing...

Planes take I think its 54 hits to down, libbys need omfg idk how many and Galaxies you need a goddamn 10 minute barrage of 18inch guns from some naval battlefleet to kill.

YOu pilots think your planes should require an entire battery dedicated simply to you? Thatss not Balance, thats OP..sorry.

So many of you cry about the BFR?? Well Air is the new BFR becauase of the amount of effort is needed to be put just to cover air.

One flak gun should EASILY be able to down a single ESF or Libby. You should take like 30 rounds, not 50.

Air can just fly in, strafe everything without fear and fly off, come back and repeat and unless you have like 2 Skyguards, 4 Burster Maxes and a few men with LMG firing at it, you will not kill a single plane, let alone a squadron of them. ANd if a libby shows up, well, good ***** game, cuz your dead.
  18. TheMudster

They deleted my post? Guess I should stick to Planetside instead of Forumside when drinking.

First, check YOUR understanding of possessive and contraction before checking mine.

Second, if I didn't discern your meaning it was because you replied to a post you did not discern the meaning of which leads me to believe the "kinda person" format is not appropriate for effective forum communication, thus this little mini-thread we have going on here. The pathetic was aimed at the comparison, not at you. More forum miscommunication I suppose.

Anyways, infantry get farmed by everything, including infantry. It's not difficult to rack up serious kill streaks using classes and mechanics that do not require resources. A guy on a roof with an ammo pack can spam UBGL all day and get serious xp. Resources are spent to acquire something that gives you a certain advantage, like a new spawn point, or a versatile weapon platform (MAX), or something to protect your new spawn point. I personally would like rocketpods erased from PS2 history, I would have like ESF's to be dogfighters/anti-lib (with less nerfs to the libs so more people flew them) but they ain't going anywhere and they have been nerfed sufficiently that it really isn't that big of an issue. Get blasted, respawn and fight back. Unfortunately, most people prefer to keep zerging and dying. This game is about adapting to the circumstances, and the kids who spend their certs on SMGs and AV mana turrets shouldn't be upset when they get blasted out in the open. Awww, too busy farming infantry that can't see you and tanks you don't render for? Get burned.

I want to reiterate that I do not have rocketpods, but I don't care how much infantry get farmed because infantry have options, and they have more than enough ability to render my resources moot without spending any of theirs. Get injured dogfighting, go two or more bases back to be sure you're safe while repairing? Wrong, there's a guy with a striker just dickin around/some guy with an AV turret aimed at the airpad. I just spent 1000 certs on a fury for my flash, but instances like those, or instances where every lock on/AA decides to shoot me, the only guy not running rocketpods, really made me consider spending those on rocketpods.
  19. HAYMAKER

Well, I am a dtp artist for major powertool brand. 70% of my work month I can minimize spending 1hr a day on work. I work fast. And some day I don't even have any jobs or small projects. I am in office from 6am-5pm . I generally play from 7/8am so minimum 9hrs.

Do I have a great job? Yes I do!
  20. TheMudster

Have you tried killing a tank with flak? It's a lot more difficult than an airplane...

Protip, shoot the Galaxy with a freakin tank cannon or some other AV weapon and watch it do a lot more damage.

Wait, nevermind. If you need 2 skyguards, 4 burster MAXs and multiple LMGs to kill and ESF I don't think you and your buddies have the aim to hit a giant slow moving plane with a high velocity cannon round. Oh well.