Why I am Cancelling My Subscription

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lucidlupo, Dec 30, 2015.

1. lucidlupo

Launcher problems, constant connectivity issues, always having a "connection:bad" in game, constant lag spikes, un-explainable horrid frame rates, issues with daybreak cash not going through and/or disappearing, client-based deaths and kills, waiting at least a week before responses to tickets, steam overlay malfunctions, these are just a few of a myriad of problems that are now becoming a multiple day-a week issue with Planetside 2.

As well as being a committed Planetside player I am also a COD, CS, and Battlefield player and I do not have ANY of the problems listed above with any of those games--only with Planetside 2 which dictates that these are most certainly not client-based issues and the issue lies in the development and overall maintenance of the game.

Not only do I feel jipped with the product I have received from my money put in, but as a customer who has spent more than my fair share on this game, I have become very dissatisfied with the current state of management or rather lack thereof, and general customer/player neglect that I feel is becoming increasingly prominent.

At this point, I do not believe that this is a game worth the 15 dollars a month for "exclusive membership access". For 15 dollars a month, the devs and management team should be preventing these issues from happening in the first place. I know that I am not the only person who shares this opinion.

Moreover for an extremely financially able and established company such as DBG there is no reason or excuse as to how the Planetside 2 "team" was unable to avoid such a juvenile and textbook hack as the apparent DDOSS attack today-- if this even is at all the legitimate reason for today's launchpad problem; It only takes someone to read less than half of a "Networking for Dummies" book to know how to do it and less than the second half to know to to prevent it.

I know you might all say things like :"well this game is free to play", "don't let the door hit you on the way out" or "daybreak doesn't need your money", etc, but I know for a fact that I am not the only one following this trend, and I am not just talking about my personal friend based circle of players, I've seen posts from people on these forums, on Twitter, on Reddit, on Facebook, and other game blogs sharing a common opinion.

I am not denying that when problems arise, the devs try to do their job in attempting to resolve them "as quickly as possible". However, that is not the issue; the issue I have, and my point being, is how frequently these problems are now arising in the first place: for the sake of analogy, things are constantly being broken and then fixed-- I do not understand why things are becoming broken in the first place as consistently as they are.

I have been playing since Planetside 1 and have seen how different the state of the game was when SOE had it to now when Daybreak has it and I really am hoping that things will change in the future but until then I am definitely not putting any more money into damaged goods.
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

Sounds like you should read it because you clearly have no idea how a DDoS attack works.
    All the major online games have been taken down by DDoS attacks at some point and whole gaming networks like Xbox live, Playstation network and Steam.
    Even whole North Korea.
    It's not something you can resolve in 5 minutes.
    • Up x 3
  3. Pandora's Lunchbox

Has anyone ever tried just switching the servers off and then back on again?
    • Up x 2