[Suggestion] why hold engi tool? fbutton?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by qquqq, Jan 30, 2015.

1. qquqq

I have been playing engi for most of my time in ps2, and I have to say that being a target for people to kill while repairing, doesn't feel that much like fair combat.

I'm sure that the devs would say that wielding the engi tool to repair is supposed to make you a target. But think about the engi that is just trying to repair an empty base, and he gets snuck up on by an infiltrator or light assault. the engi tool could still be upgraded it need not change, but make the f button the repair button like hacking or triggering a generator. You could put the ammo button on a different key and then it would solve the annoying occurrence that while fighting you put your gun away to drop ammo and die, instead the muscle memory of the f button (heavy shield, medic heal) defense would do nothing. the buzzing flashlight leaves much to be desired as far as stealth too.

In a stand up fight the engi is the weakest class,
    medic has heal and assault rifle, basically a stronger carbine,
    heavy has shield and lmg,
    infiltrator has invisibility cloak
    light assault has jets to position and flank,

While I realize the engi has more tools than any other class, it does seem a shame that they have no access to specialty primary for a support role, and have no defensive skill,
    Don't get me wrong I like playing my engi, but they need some tweaks.
  2. HenryTD

that ,my friend, is why u have the spitfire and bouncing betty , always put a mine or spitfire near u when u rep something alone.Oh almost 4got u can play the AI turret behind u to act as a shield or cover just in case, Anyway if someone come at u in the back u are already half dead :v. Not sure what make u think engi is weakest in 1vs1, u have so many toys to play with, make use of those. Also never rep anything in the open if the maxes/vehicles are refused to stay in the cover in order for u to rep them them screw them,u don't need to risk your life.
    p/s: u can use maxes as cover when u rep them, just move close to them and u will see yourself inside of the max, as for vehicle just circle around, not much u can do in this case if u have to rep in the open
  3. CNR4806

You have two choices if you don't want to get shot at while repairing an empty base:
    1. Situation awareness. Do not assume you're all alone, and keep your guard up.
    2. Repair Sundy. No loner can kill you unless you're EXTREMELY clumsy.
  4. Jawarisin

Actually you are wrong. Infiltrators are the weakest class.
    They have: 100 less shield than other classes (yep, 400 instead of 500. bet you didn't knew about it).
    Worst kind of weapons (SMG's are far out-classed by AR).
    A cloak that doesn't make you invisible, and that prevents you from shooting.

Engies can place down turret to hide behind, they can repair vehicles, they got infinite ammos (ammo box on the fly anyone?). They are the class when you drive vehicles, they have access to great weapons, they have an automated turret aside from an AV and AI one.
  5. patoman

You have a turret that shields you and gives you dps I heard is compariable to a light machine gun.

Also the enginer is the vehicle commander class, piloting vehicles they can beat any infantry