Why does your Max suit go by by

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maudibe, Feb 27, 2014.

1. maudibe

When the base is taken you automaticly lose your max suit, why? If your in a tank you dont lose your tank, in an airplane you dont' lose your airplane, why lose your max suit when the base is taken or am i mistaken that you can keep your max suit if you redeploy.

Oh, ....and why does a tank round kill you but the guy 1 foot away who is an enemy doesnt get killed?
    I know, why ask why?
  2. EmmettLBrown

Are we talking about loosing your max suit because you stayed inside the spawn when the base was taken?
    • Up x 3
  3. Jeslis

When you push redeploy, you pretty much lose your tank/aircraft too ya know.
    • Up x 1
  4. EmmettLBrown

That's weird. I've parked a sundy near a cliff on Indar, fell off (yeah I'm an idiot), respawned at the nearest base, and ran all the way back to my sunderer. Did they change that recently or is it just when you manually redeploy without dieing?
  5. AltF4Fun

If base is lost=get the hell out of there. Its that simple.If you stay you die.
  6. Jeslis

Thats.. Not exactly what I meant.

the OP is talking about.. if Im defending a base, and the base is lost, I lose the max.
    Im saying that.. if you're defending a base in a tank/aircraft.. and the base is lost, assuming your ACTUALLY defending it.. you're prolly gonna lose said aircraft.

with regards to my above post that you quoted; I meant that.. if Im at a base Im defending (whether or not succesfully), and I redeploy to go elsewhere, that tank or aircraft is *lost* .. You're not trying to go back and get it, you went elsewhere. Either A. It'll time out and poof, B. you'll pull another vehicle, and it will poof, or C. an enemy will find it sitting there, and destroy it for certs.
  7. FateJH

I'm still curious about the OP's question. Is he suggesting that he's the subject of a bug whereby being in a base when it flips turns him into an LA? or that redeployment causes him to lose the MAX Suit (an intentional element of the game for quite some time)?
  8. Maelthra

You don't lose your MAX suit when a base is taken. You lose your MAX suit when the base is taken and the enemy rushes into the spawn room you were camping in and kills you.
    • Up x 1
  9. Paperlamp

Because otherwise all we'd fight is MAXes?

I can spend more time in a MAX suit than I should be able to already and there's very little reason for me not too consider the relative power of the class to other infantry.
  10. AzureKnight

To me it sounds likethe timer hasn't cycled through.

Pretty much logic would dictate why you'd lose a MAX in a defeat. Tanks and planes can turn tail and run, but a MAX isn't going to outrun a vehicle, or 100+ guys and turrets shooting at it. On top of it, if you don't cert in to requisition timer, players who do look like they're instantly getting new vehicles.

I've noticed on Indar, infantry resources seem to build so very slowly and since a MAX uses infantry resources on top of grenades (unlike Air and Armor), it does at times take a long time to get the resources to pull another MAX, especially if you spam 'nades and have auto-supply on.
  11. Regpuppy

I remember for a long time back in beta when they had neither a cost nor a cooldown... Maxpocolypse.
  12. Klypto

Well, you can always walk in your max suit.

That's what I do. I stomp-stomp-stomp my way to the next base to attack or defend. Just the other day I walked from Ceres Hydroponics, to Seabed listening post, to Crimson Bluff, and then on to Indar Excavation.

It takes freaking forever though.
  13. Maelthra

I kinda miss the run mode that MAXes had in PS1.
  14. Akeita

Aircraft can't defend base... But yea, ik what u mean
  15. Jeslis

Wait, your auto supply works? I have to manually purchase up to 40 all the time.
  16. AzureKnight

it's always worked for me. You just click the box and as long as you have the resources, and that box is checked, every time you die or resupply, it gives you one...

It actually kinda sucks at times when you forget about it and knowing you need just 20 more resources for a max, so you spawn and lose the 40 for the nade and when the resource timer comes around, you're left 5 shy of the max. :oops:
  17. Taemien

Just a FYI to those thinking the OP is a noob for asking the question, saying "get out of the base before you die." You DON'T die if you remain in the spawnpoint. You take 3-5 ticks of damage and auto-redeploy. If a MAX is deep in one of the larger areas, especially one with tunnels, they can't always get out in time depending on the situation. Which is actually ridiculous because they have the HP to sit in it for a moment longer than infantry.

They really should increase the time before it kicks you out, or let it tick you down till you die if you stay in it long enough.
  18. Goretzu

I don't mind losing them on a redeploy so much, but losing them on a crash is a royal PITA (and is one of the reasons I've largely given up using them post resource cost increase).
  19. Goretzu

Travel mode. :(