Why does the Claymore suck so much compared to Bouncing Betty/Proximity Mine?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KunzeWaldemar, Jul 10, 2013.

1. KlyptoK

Then the whole thing is silly.
  2. Ganelon

That's what we've been saying since launch, devs still haven't responded.
  3. SceaRd

Shorten the green lights by two thirds.
  4. gualty

Can i use your statement for the next world campaing agains drug abuses?

Back on topic: remove the light beams and put 2 tiny lights at the bottom corners of the frontal side.
    Not enough, but better than now.
  5. Casterbridge

As others have said what makes the NC and VS mines really dangerous is the frisbee throw you can do with them.

I'm not saying the whole green light thing isn't stupid, but that ability to just toss the VS and NC mines on to a group of enemies and kill them really ups the power of those two mines over the TR.
  6. Goretzu

Well not that much more lethal.
    To be honest I'd say the difference could easily be explained by the sheer number of people that do not have a clue HOW to use claymores properly (exceeded only by the number of people that don't know you can difuse mines).
  7. Kurmon

I didn't know you can see the beams because I play on low settings. Well, that sucks for TR :/
    I thought I would never say this but buff the claymores.
  8. Booface

Normally you can't see the beams. You can only see the beams if you are within 30m of the Claymore when it was placed. So, if you're near an infiltrator when he places the mine, you will see the beams. If you were more than 30m (the size of a small building) away, you will not see the beams.

The problem, of course, is that infiltrators often rely on their mines when they're being chased in CQC, and that is precisely the situation where the Claymore starts to suck. It actually makes a great doorway trap if you have time to set it up before enemies are near.
  9. Ganelon

Bouncing Betties and Proximity mines being easier to use and more lethal than Claymores makes them better than Claymores.
  10. DashRendar

Be glad that the game allows you to deploy the claymore on a hard surface. That stick it's attached to seems to want to find soft soil. Since you TR are always here using "realism" as a defense to your OP nature, I think it's only fair that we start campaigning to make the claymore only useful outside.
  11. commandoFi

Sadly this video does NOT say it all. He did not mention their incredible tendency to fall down stairs or be knocked over by friendlies. I mined a cap point once and watched as friendlies came into the room kicking my mines around until they were useless. Ever tried putting Claymores on stairs? Good luck getting them within three meters of where you wanted them. Claymores have an incredible disadvantage.

Claymores can be chucked into crowds of enemies, but at about 1/4 of the effectiveness. This should not be a legitimate tactic for any AP mine though.

It is a design flaw that they have only a single stick (and thus fall over constantly). Real claymores have two struts supporting them allowing them to function on both hard and soft surfaces, like this:
    [IMG]
  12. commandoFi

If this is true, what advantage does this give? Both types of mines have enough range to cover a doorway, and Claymores are ineffective anywhere else.
  13. Perfection

Too bad it's also a fact that many of TR's stuff makes other factions stuff look like trash.

See, this is where other weapons etc come in. Why do you get Marauder/Vulcan and we're stuck with nerfed fury and nerfed saron/enforcer? Etc. SOE just has a weird and dumb way of thinking things like this are balancing the game. I do admit your claymore isn't as good as the others, but factions have their weaknesses...maybe some more than others.
  14. S0LAR15

Worst prox mine, worst default camo, worst infil booty....

Pretty much best everything else, still whines.

Classic TR.
  15. Haruk

I trip over claymores and die with nano-weave 5. I'm pretty sure I kick them with my boot, then they detonate and I have no legs. Back to the regen chamber for me.

Proxymines just sting a lot.
  16. Ganelon

That's opinion.

You're complaining about the Vulcan being better than the Saron and Enforcer? Seriously?

As for the Marauder/Fury comparison, where's our VS/NC ES knockoff weapon?

How about you come back to reality?
    • Up x 3
  17. Perfection

I am definitely comparing the Vulcan to Saron and Enforcer...you're blind if you fail to realize your Vulcans potential. As for knockoff weapon, that's like asking where's our ES lock-on launcher that's skillless and bugged.
  18. S0LAR15

Whats funny is that you can't see the Vulcan on a harasser IS better because of the nature of the frakking vehicle alone, who needs a long range AV, when you've got a 120 kph drive by to do which will nuke any vehicle, and you can escape from, with no real problem, if you have a driving license.

The Saron-H at long range:
    "Oh I'll just park up my Saron harasser 300 m away and plink at stuff". Over which distances, it's only hitting deployed sunderers, and with slow semi auto fire, which can even be out repaired, by 2 guys for sure, maybe even 1 if you miss a shot or two.

Ya that's a game changer. If the Saron had no CoF, it would be as you imagine it being. Since it does, it is not.

Knockoff weapon = Halberd, if that thing wasn't the old Saron, you'd have a leg to stand on when moaning about not having a ES knock off. Jesus. Frakking. Christ.
  19. Spookydodger

It doesn't appear to be true anymore as of GU08.
  20. Goretzu

Easier to place correctly (or effectively) perhaps, but I'm not convinced they are more lethal when placed by someone that knows what they are doing (except in the crowd bomber type situation).