Why does my mouse stop working and start the pointer instead?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maudibe, Jul 29, 2014.

1. maudibe

Glitches that bother me:

the mouse quits working the firing and directional movement of my player and the pointer appears on the sceen and the mouse controls that WHILE i'm playing.

The revove sometimes just lets me see my alive player symbol on the map but I cant close the map and go to the live battle part of the game

Once in awhile i cant spawn where the green button shows a base spawn that is available.

Why does continent lock occur when the faction that wins doesnt have 3/4 of the territory under control?

Also it seems that sometines i die incredibly quickly to one guys gun (not multi shooters). I mean it takes me forever to shoot someone usually alot of bullets with an LMG or Rifle and then I'll appear in an opening for a nano second and die to a rifle from someguy thats semi far off while i'm running thru this open area (like a doorway). We're not talking shot gun or sniper rifle either.

Just wondering.
  2. Razzyman

Pressing the Alt key causes the mouse pointer to appear. You may be accidentally pressing it.
  3. Alzir

As he says, it's the alt key which brings up your chat window by default, and often causes this if you alt tab or Alt-F10 for shadowplay for example. Press alt again and it'll be back to normal.
  4. SiosDashcR

As the other two said above me, because it wasn't painstakingly clear after the first response - The [Alt] button causes the mouse pointer to appear. You may be accidentally pressing it when you alt+tab or because you don't know the difference between the alt button and your spacebar.