Why does DBG allows NC's terrible low win rate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Humoreske, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Lamat

I don't think it's entirely the weapons either, but it may be that the weapons are just not competitive enough to attract the more competitive players. Causing a snowballing effect for NC. So making the NC more competitive and enjoyable to play would go a long way.

I do really think the model design of putting bright yellow on the NC is a non-weapon factor that hurts them. That same HA noob trying to use the Gauss SAW in a Biolab also has giant bright yellow on his back and limbs. Speaking of Hossin, who has the edge in that dark swamp, bright yellow guy or purple and black ninja? It's well known that yellow is the most noticeable color, as even yellow cars are in less automobile accidents. I think a simple matter of changing the yellow to a darker gold color would help without much design effort.
    • Up x 1
  2. LordKrelas

Miller's apparently has the overpop on NC.
    So, no on the tactical level, unless you have Miller's case of "I can hurl more men at it than they can", it falls flat.
    after all, everything I hear about Miller, is that NC do well, and that NC is overpop.
    Yet with that sheer overpop, they barely reach the 33% let alone more for wins of any kind.

Put that overpop on TR or VS, you'll get 33% or Higher.
    • Up x 1
  3. oTec

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. The Shady Engineer

Emerald, right?

***** hell, this morning Indar was celebrating a "bully the TR" day or something. Put down one fire on the NC front and two more flare up on the Vanu one. I don't think I was ever in a fight where we weren't outpopped at least 60/40 for the whole 2 and a half hours I played. :confused:

Made for some really amazing fights though.
  5. Lamat

In fact, that's the only time I really see NC win, with major numerical superiority and/or vehicle spam.
    • Up x 1
  6. oTec

No that's cobalt actually xDDDD.
  7. The Shady Engineer

Hehe I was quoting a different forumsider. But yeah, looks like you boys in blue had it rough back there. At least Saerro was still standing. :D
  8. Lamat

Yes, every once and a while NC gets a population surge and we win an alert, though I haven't seen it happen since a few days after CAI for about 3 days long. Which leads me to think there is a large group of former NC players who check back after every major game update to see if the game might be fun again, then leave.
  9. Xada

I'm a returning player, been back about 1-2 months after i think about a year hiatus. I check to see what's changed, not that I know of any major updates. It was refreshing to see the game still has people and still has updates. It was disheartening to see most of the cracks in the game haven't been looked at. Just as a small example, the NC directive shotgun. It's a semi-auto shotgun that in all honesty sucks... then it has an underbarrel shotgun attachment... because shotguns... it's a meme... Our directive shotgun is a literal joke by the devs saying "NC is the shotgun faction, so their shotgun has a shotgun for an attachment XD." Hilarious, here I wanted to have a reward for my effort and I get this.
    • Up x 1
  10. MrEdweird

I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm surprised anyone would say Miller NC is the best when it was well talked about that in actuality Miller NC is the worst faction on Miller and worst NC of all servers as a whole.

Maybe things have changed? I can't really say since I've only really played NC on Miller.
  11. Skraggz

Yes it was Emerald, at the time of post.
  12. Demigan

So basically you are saying "well since the skill of the NC isn't inferior in weapons, then their overall command skills must suck!". But since the NC have shown to be about equal in all other skills, it would be just as likely that they collectively have a shorter middlefinger compared to the other factions.

For better understanding we look at these pictures:
    Everyone always goes on "see? See?, the NC leadership sucks because they all stick in a single base and defend it while the rest of their empire crumbles!"
    But that's a huuuge fallacy. First, who are they fighting again? Ah yeah, a giant group of the enemy faction(s). So at the very least they are keeping those guys busy, which means the leadership of the opposing faction is losing just as much in this scenario. And what's that double-teaming happening on the background? Hmmmm... Double-teaming isn't unique to the NC, and it's also not unique to find a double-teamed faction of the TR/VS to hold on to a single piece of land somewhere while the rest of their empire crumbles. It just happens more to the NC so people remember is more easily.
    Second, isn't it strange that the NC always falls back to a single base that's not being captured? You can easily ask yourself why that would be, and the answer is simple: Their weapons are inferior.
    Imagine this. Your weapons are inferior to your enemy, and you are finally having a good fight somewhere in one of the few more easily defended bases the game offers, skewing the game finally in your favor. The enemy starts pounding away at the rest of your empire and you are given two choices: Leave the fun fight you are at and defend your empire with inferior weapons in fights you are unlikely to enjoy, or stay where you are and actually have a fighting chance.
    Ofcourse you pick the second option! You aren't going to leave a fight when finally, finally you have a chance to use your ES weaponry in a fairly equal fight due to the base layout. And this accounts for the why NC loses much more territory than you expect with inferior weapons: They try less often and will prefer to stick with a fight they can at least enjoy over trying to win an overarching uphill battle using inferior equipment.
    • Up x 5
  13. csvfr

In a 1 on 1 equal skill the person with the best gun will win, happens all the time and is why guns like GD7F is praised. On the close-range LMG side you have the NC's anchor at 167 DMG at 600 RPM giving 1670 DPS, which sadly is the best available to them. Both TR and VS have 143 DMG at 750 RPM weapons, giving 1787.5 DPS or a 7 percent increase.
  14. Demigan

And this is where simple things like demographics come in.
    Ok, so you get into a 1v1. How many people will be carrying a GD7F?
    Not many.
    Of those few carrying a GD7F, how many will be fighting in it's effective range?
    Not 100%.
    What will the lionshare of these NC guys be carrying?
    Inferior ES weaponry, such as the Gauss SAW since default weapons are the most used weapons across any empire.
    What other weapons could the NC guys bring along?
    A large variety of ES NC weapons, because most players won't gravitate to the OP weapons instantly. And even if they do, the difference between an "OP GD7F" and it's counterpart weapons is fairly small. While the difference between most (true) ES NC weapons and the counterparts of the TR/VS is fairly large.

In the end, it's not the supa-dupa players that have the largest effect on the game (except in air combat, because it's the most ****** up part of the game). It's the average player, because there's so damn many of them. And the average player isn't going to be wielding the most OP weapon most of the time, it's going with the defaults and a large variety of ES weapons, of which the "OP" versions are only a small part.
  15. csvfr

The Gauss SAW has similar DPS to the anchor, so still inferior yes, while the starting LMGs for TR and VS are both superior 750/143 weapons. When I joined NC I did so for the "hardest-hitting weapons but difficult to use" slogan, and expected the hard-hitting part not to have the small text ''... but fires so slow they are the softest weapons to engage with'' and the difficulties to actually be related to skill.
    • Up x 1
  16. oTec

None the less, i still prefer NC weapons over other ES weapons, with exception to the Gauss Saw (solely for cqc dependance).

NC1 Gauss Rifle is the best medic weapon imo, T1 cycler might do better in cqc but that's it.
    AF-19 merc is a good carbine, even if it doesn't do as well in cqc as solstice/trac5. If the solstice had 5 rounds more, i'd favor it but now it's a split decision for me.
    Gauss saw is a niche weapon, but just get the GD22S.

I still preform very well with NC ES weapons, but you still feel that this game often results in cqc fights, wich just isn't the NC speciality unless you heavily invest into shotguns or cqc carbines.
  17. Lamat

I wish the Anchor was 632 RPM like the Bandit, instead of 600 RPM, that would give it 1759 DPS (on paper anyway).

642 RPM would give it 1787 DPS
  18. Purp

On Emerald, I am starting to see a large exodus of players from NC to VS. VS was the highest pop a lot this weekend, and there are a ton of toons now that are below BR 20.
  19. Lamat

Well at the range NC weapons are at their best, battle rifles and semi-auto snipers (which all factions have) are better. You usually have vehicles at this range too, and vehicles take you from close combat battle to the next close combat battle.
    • Up x 1
  20. Purp

Friday 10/13/17- Sunday 10/15/17 Alert totals on Emerald:

Vanu 22, TR 8, NC 4.
    Vanu 64%, TR 24%, NC 12%.

The Vanu domination continues...