why does cobalt get alerts on US timzones since update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by daddy86, May 12, 2013.

1. daddy86

Since Gu8 the EU obalt server is getting its alerts during american primetime and it is really getting annoying.

First we though it was random but now everynight it starts at 11pm then another one at 3 am and thats all we get pls fix this asap its ridiculous.

also when you send GMS over to fight the cheaters maybe you should do it during our primetime not at 2 am!!!!!
  2. Fenrisk

I agree. This is a EU server. What's the point in EU alerts after 11pm and all through the night/morning?

This means anyone who has a normal life NEVER gets to take part in alerts.
  3. thrikerr

Aren't alerts supposed to happen more often outside of prime time?
    • Up x 4
  4. Fenrisk

What's the point in adding a feature that 90% of the players on that server will rarely if even see? and Cobalt use to get alerts at prime time. Now it's not till after most EU players are in bed asleep.
  5. thrikerr

Same stuff happens on Mattherson. Alerts aren't needed during prime time.
    • Up x 2
  6. Rhaeyn

I think you're missing a point. Alerts are meant to take place outside the prime time. You have alerts in the afternoon and the late evening as well as night time.
    • Up x 2
  7. Fenrisk

The other problem with off peak alerts on Cobalt is it rewards ghost capping by the Vanu while most TR/NC are asleep. They steam roll the server every night. Why should they be rewarded for fighting against no resistance?
  8. Fenrisk

No we don't, The alerts only happen at 11pm onwards. No one who has any kind of life can attend them unless they want to stay up till 1am at night.

Everyone who works or attends college/UNI during the day can't stay up playing video games all night. In effect this alert system is trying to encourage people to live a unhealthy life style or never see a certain game feature.

I don't see how ONLY rewarding people who can stay up 1am onwards is a positive game feature.
  9. Rhaeyn

They're not primarily for the people who can "only"/also play during prime time. There are also alerts during the day, noon and afteroon.
    I think the alerts were really meant for the people who can not play during prime time, in order to motivate the players that are online to play on one continent and create some action.
    I'm also pretty sure, that there are no alerts on US servers during US prime time.
  10. Famif

I always thought the alerts start happening when the server population drops. This Alert idea was intended to bring epic fights around when it is becoming more difficult to find a big epic fight, such as in low-pop time.
    • Up x 1
  11. Fenrisk

People who work a 9am till 5pm job NEVER see Alerts. You see nothing wrong with that?

There are no alerts at 5pm onwards and they don't start till 11pm or later. You can't change server population through alerts. The alerts only reward VS on Cobalt including the massive TRID and OWND outfits. The only focus alerts give now is free certs to the VS who are not even EU players.
  12. Rhaeyn

.. so you don't need alerts to promote bigger fights, because the majority of players already is online and you have action everywhere.
    No alerts needed during prime time. There are enough ways (and fights and enemies) to earn your certs without them.
    • Up x 1
  13. Fenrisk

By that logic Alerts are not needed off peak because the only faction online in big numbers is the Vanu. You can't force EU players to stay up till 1am just to play a alert and the alert system should not be there to try encourage unhealthy gaming hours.

No faction should be rewarded for playing unhealthy hours or playing on the wrong server. If this is the way Cobalt alerts are going to be from now on. They should REMOVE them.
  14. Rhaeyn

Why do you always disregard the alerts that take place before the prime time? No one is forced to stay up or play alerts. Alerts are neither meant to be - nor necessary as source of basic cert income. And of course alerts aren't balanced for unbalanced populations. Actually, next to nothing in PS2 is. And btw, on Ceres, VS is usually the faction that gets the lowest population and territory control during alerts. NC are the big ones here. They got >70% territory on Esamir during the alert a few hours ago. So I'm not defending off-peak alerts, because I get big xp out of them.
  15. St0mpy

I thought alerts coming on were based on population, basically all the time unless a lot of people are on - it must have been a quiet night
  16. Fenrisk

The Alerts don't seem to be random or population based. Cobalt alert times stick to this every night.

11pm-1am
    3am-5am
    and so on...

It's been this way since the last update. Before the update Cobalt had alerts during prime time and off peak. If there was at least 1 alert during prime time it would not be such a issue.

Alerts are fun because of the competitive nature of each faction during the alerts. The prime time alerts with all factions even population were extremely fun. SOE ruined that.
  17. Duvenel

There are a number of factors that influence alerts being introduced, there's a dev interview about it somewhere. But off the top of my head, population does have an influence, so no they're not random and I don't think they're time based, although I could be wrong.
  18. Tommyp2006

US Servers get alerts at off hours as well. We have an 11-1 one going right now on waterson. We usually have one around 3 am. I think they go every 2 hours pretty much all day. So two hours of alert, two hours off alert, though I'm sure it changes sometimes.
  19. Your Future Ex

I don't play on your server, but in comparison, Connery has them every four hours or so. They start no matter the population of the server because it happens at around 5pm at night PST every night and that is the one that is jammed because of all the freebies they're giving away this month. I want to say that I doubt your server only does two alerts a day because that sounds like a pretty big screw up, but I don't know because I am on Connery. If you play only casually, you should know when all the alerts happen during the normal day. Put in a ticket.
  20. Ashnal

The point of alerts never was to have all players experience them.

Alerts were created to fix a couple specific problems:
    1) Players being too spread out when the server is low pop
    2) Encourage players to fight on continents other than Indar

Alerts are not needed during the day and prime time when there are enough players to create decent fights on all continents. The issues outlined do not exist when the server has enough players online, so there is no need to start one.
    • Up x 1