Why does C4 persist after death.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Faction, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Faction

Just makes for really cheesy moves imo
  2. Minsc

I like it actually. If I spend 100 infantry resources on a loaf I don't want it to disappear if I die after I've placed it. With how long it takes to throw the C4, it is very easy to get run over or shot or take enough fall damage to die accidentally. If they get rid of the persistence then they need to make it a lot faster to place (2 in the time it takes for one now) and only 50 resources. I understand it does lead to kamikaze runs, but I think it more useful than cheesy.
  3. UberBonisseur

It's kind of cheesy indeed.
    I've seen all kinds of suicide bombers only to put down C4

Should it persist ? Yes

Should you be able to blow it up ? No
  4. Winterspawn

You should be able to blow them up after death by shooting at it, but any other way to blow it up should be removed (if there are any, I don't know since I don't have C4). Suiciding for something as stupid as planting C4 should be eliminated from this game.
  5. Mrasap

It does? Thanks for telling!

Way too many times that I have tried to flee from spawn campers flying high an' dropping C4 on a sweet spot only to waste 100 infantry resources. This will get me not only alot of kills but also another opening to fly to safer havens due to the impact.

Will it be cheesy? Yes. But so is spawn camping. It also makes up for the ridiculously high resource cost and poor handling. At least let me pick up unused C4, give me a more reliable way to know whether I actually dropped it and/or allow me to trigger the C4 while switching to my carbine (use the ability hotkey for example).
    • Up x 1
  6. CombatWeevil

I see no reason for it to be changed from how it is. Mines and other placed deployables persist indefinitely until they are destroyed. C4 is already very expensive to use and without it persist AND being able to activate it post death means that you've wasted a sizeable chunk of infantry resources.

It's already difficult to place and get away to safety to use effectively. I don't think people using it should be punished for managing to drop or attach the charge to something only to be killed afterwards. A mine under the same circumstances will still go off.
    • Up x 2
  7. jak

I would agree with changing it if you allowed it to be thrown farther. The drop distance is so short that unless you're planning WELL in advance, you've got a good chance of dying before you can get away from the blast radius.
  8. SixVoltSamurai

Sure, let's let people throw c4 like it's a wad of paper, or a grenade. With allowing throwing of c4, now there will be a 10% chance per 10 meters thrown that the detonator will malfunction when it lands making it impossible to detonate.
  9. Maxi'sProteinPowder

the only time i will suicide with my C4 is if im behind enemy lines with no ammo and i want to die a glorious death!
  10. Moep

Your spawnroom is about to get captured?
    Well, plant some c4...wait, wait, die...spawn, trigger----- multikill:)
    • Up x 2
  11. jak

There's a reason I have two C4 blocks unlocked. Most spawn rooms have two terminals. :D
  12. jak

I didn't mean you should be able to hurl it like a baseball. But I think the range should be a little bigger so you don't always drop the stupid thing right where you're standing.
  13. Jimmy DeSouza

It is ridiculously expensive. A tiny, unreliable block of C4 costs as much as a MAX. Being able to detonate it after death both makes sense in the lore, and goes some (tiny) way to making its ridiculous cost worthwhile.

If you want it to not pop post mortem, you need to balance that weakening with something, like massively reduced cost and marginally improved power.
  14. Steppa

I agree with the OP. If you die without setting it off, it should last until you redeploy (or are forced to). At first, I was PO'd that the grenades didn't go off after you die (or, at least, they sure as hell don't seem to), but going back to the OP's point, it would make for some really cheesy, crappy tactics, and we already have plenty of those.
  15. H34VY

I think it is fine as it stands, just give engies the ability to remove ordinance from tanks or the ground.