Why doe the game spawn me in places I didn't pick?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RealityWarrior, Mar 31, 2014.

1. RealityWarrior

Can we talk about the horrible spawning that is happening in the game right now?

Last night I was fighting at Rashnu Tower and it was a lost cause. They had us out popped 60% to 40% and while we were not spawn camped, they had the point locked down very nicely.

I decided to redeploy to Rashnu and circle around to get Sundies. So I chose Rashnu's green dot on the map and boom I spawn at Rash Tower again. So i redeploy, SAME THING I am still at Rashnu Tower. I redeploy a 3rd time to spawn at Rashnu Caverns. This time when i redeployed i actually spawned where I wanted too. By this time there was less than 60 sec until they capped it so was pointless to even try my plan now.

That was all bang bang bang bang. Earlier in the evening I had to spawn me to a different continent than I wanted. (Had several guys in the outfit complain about that all evening)

When I first logged on there was an Indar alert. I was 40th in queue on Amerish so I decided to help cap points there while I waited. Everytime I died the spawn screen showed me Indar where the rest of my squad was even tought I was in the queue to go there and couldn't at that time. (Also I could not see any of the cap points or timers where I was actually fighting Thansk Mission system) I had to leave the squad until I finally was able to move to Indar.

TLDR - The game is turning into "Where did it spawn me this time?" Why is it so hard to spawn me at the point I clicked on?
    • Up x 7
  2. Divector

When you spawn in a wrong place, you have to leave your squad, because you'll ever spawn close to your teamleader.
  3. FateJH

The first likely selection always defaults to a close spawn where your squad leader is currently. I think it may update when your squad leader changes bases, even when you are on the map screen, and recalculates as spawn locations change availability, which changes selection values.
    There may be an issue with availability changing during the loading screen.
  4. DJPenguin

It's just another bug that crept in the last few patches. I never squad up and get this all the time so i doubt that has anything to do with it.
    • Up x 4
  5. Bl4ckVoid

Happens a lot to me as well, I almost never join a squad, because they rarely fight together anyway.

This is not a recent bug, it has been around since release. You pick a base, hit deploy, but apparently at the same time the game changes deployable locations, so you spawn at the wrong place. Happens at least 1x per session.
    • Up x 1
  6. Slandebande

I also second that this isn't something specifically related to being in a squad, and it has been with us for a loooong time. However, recently, I feel it has started happening more often than it used to, but it still only happens around 5-10% of the time. I have yet to find a common denominator for it, but I think it has something to do with spawning at bases far away and/or bases on the reinforcements tab.

In fact, this bug is one of the bugs that has annoyed me the most, as sometimes you waste several minutes by spawning in the wrong spot. At least now redeploying takes less time, so the time wasted should be reduced :)
    • Up x 1
  7. Slandebande

Oh, I can also add, I've had it happen both when double-clicking the green blob corresponding to where I wanted to spawn, and when I clicked on the "DEPLOY" button.
  8. gobbybobby

I am blaming the stats screen "press any key to continue" if I press I on the keyboard as the any key, it spawns me in as Instant action. Generally when I have just been killed and I want to get back in to the fight, I just throw my hand at my keyboard, press all the buttons so I can get to the deploy screen quicker.
  9. IamDH

Press W, isnt that more convenient?
    Or better yet, they should make the mouse button a key again
  10. RadarX

This sounds like a bug. but I'll confirm. Thanks for reporting it.
    • Up x 7
  11. Astriania

I think this can happen if the base you tried to spawn at isn't a valid spawn option any more (e.g. reinforcement marker expired, SCU went down, sundy got destroyed etc). In that case the correct action is to <i>do nothing</i>, not spawn at one of the now valid selections.

It does seem to be worse since the missions patch, I've mis-spawned probably 10 times since then and it was a once a month type of thing before.
  12. kadney

I have that feeling aswell, from time to time. But I mostly play solo. I love it when you pick a base that needs reinforcements and just a second before you are able to spawn there, the "priority" shifts half a second before you click the "Deploy" button and you end up at a base you didn't want to go to. That's the reason why I always doubleclick the circles on the map and not the "Deploy" button. But even then I had some, although they are rare, moments where I ended up at the other side of the map.

On a sidenote @RadarX:
    Is it possible that the Warpgate-spawnpoints are shown on all continent-maps? For example, I played on Amerish and died around Onatha Biolab. On the redeploy map, I am can see the Icon for Esamir and Indar WG. Is this intended to look like this or are they supposed to show on the Indar / Esamir map exclusively? :)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  13. Luighseach

I've had this problem off and on again since launch. Sometimes it is my mistake because I just clicked deploy and it was a different base then when I died at because it changed. However other times I will click where I want to spawn(such as warpgate) and get a completely different facility than I clicked.
  14. RailFury

This started happening to me recently. I'll be defending a base and die/respawn/die/respawn/die/spawn/die all of sudden the next respawn is at a completely different base half a world away. Generally I'm not squaded up, not playing with the map or literally doing anything except maybe changing classes (not from the map screen, from the more detailed class view). Definitely a bug.
  15. PlatoonLeaderG

Was thinking about that too why is there a selection to another warpgate?Happened to me on Indar(had Amerish selection).

Also its really bad when you dont have any resources left and you spawn at a place you didnt want to spawn,because of the random spawning.If you try redeploy again i will not have the option to deploy in the base where i wanted from the start.
  16. Captain Kid

It's like this as long as I can remember. Just lately it seems worse. Game spawning me at the other side of the map after fighting for an hour over a base. I'm not in a squad mostly.
  17. GhostAvatar

There are many reasons for this happening, some is just player ignorance as it default to the nearest spawn to you squad leader, but many are due to poor design in the way spawn selection system works. If you hit the deploy button after selecting a location from the list on the right for example, there is a chance that the available spawn options list refreshes (more prevalent on the reinforcements needed section). As such, if it refreshes, it will spawn you in a place other than the one intended. Same also goes if the spawn option is no longer available (example, the sunndy you are spawning on gets taken down).

The only way to ensure you get to the intended destination is to double click the spawn option on the map. Ignore the list on the right and the deploy button at all times and you will hardly go wrong (except in the rare cases where the spawn option no longer exists just as you are double clicking).

The only times I have seen this happen is when you select a different continent in the drop down at the top when on the deploy screen (just to see if it worth switching contient for a more interesting fight) before returning back to the one you happen to be on. When you switch the continent it shows you the available spawn options there. Which happens to be just the warpgate in most cases, unless it is late at night and the reinforcements needed can also take you cross continent. These spawn options then persist on the map screen as you switch the map back to continent you're on.
    • Up x 1
  18. QuakerOatsMan

On rare occasions, clicking on the spawn point in the area after I've died (not redeployed) does send me to a random location on another end of the map.

I can confirm that this bug occurs, and it's easily reproducible. Just switch continent maps and back, I believe. Most likely to show are areas in the "reinforcements needed" section. I've sent in a report about it before but I'm not sure if the dev team looked at it thoroughly.
    • Up x 1
  19. Timithos

Beyond the increased buggy'ness of this...

I'm just tired of being spawned somewhere I didn't click, period.

I don't EVER want to be sent somewhere I didn't click. This is one of my biggest quality of life pet peeves in the game.

JUST LET THE SPAWN FAIL, AND ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT LOCATION!!!

How hard is this to understand?
    • Up x 1
  20. Kemano

I have double-clicked on "galaxy" in the "squad spawn" section on indar, and found myself spawning at a base on esamir once...

I also usually see 'reinforcements needed' at wherever i unintentionally spawned at as well.