Why do we need the NS swarm?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Aug 29, 2015.

1. ALN_Isolator

So why do we need it? What does it accomplish that no other launcher does? It has a small variable missile velocity function. I find that nobody was complaining that their lock on rockets could follow an ESF forever but never catch up to it, so that can't be the reason the swarm exists. The multi-rocket niche is already (ineffective) covered by the striker and is supposed to show off a faction trait, so that's not it. It locks on to air and ground vehicles and cannot be fired without a lock. This is the literal weapon description of the annihilator so that can't be it either. What does the swarm have that would warrant its existence?

People will spend real money on it. That's it. Everything this launcher brings to the table is already in the game on more effective weapons. It's a cash grab, don't buy it.
    • Up x 6
  2. FieldMarshall

• Up x 10
  3. Villanuk

So the TR will spend money on it as we dont have a launcher as the original was OP, just like erm the swarm is now? ( as on PTS )
  4. Ryo313

nobody asked for it and yet DBG produces a weapon for everyone and takes away another trait of the TR
    instead of fixing existing weapons / problems we currently have.

imo that weapon is an insult to the TR and its playerbase.

bye faction diversity and TR traits.
    so whats next? NS Lancer and NS Phoenix?
    • Up x 6
  5. ALN_Isolator

My thoughts exactly. Should have used a PSA tag.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ryo313

would be cool if any dev answers this question tho but i doubt that... they don't listen to their community as proven in the past. (striker and fractures posts etc)
  7. ALN_Isolator

Admit they added the black hand, then the archer, then the swarm to minimize designer effort and maximize people spending real money on not just them but the black and gold variants as well? No they could never do such a thing....
  8. Ryo313

nah no way they'd do such a thing x'D or would they? :3

with the swarm they nailed the coffin... pretty much all of the TR playerbase is now angry and i doubt that onyone of them would spend a dim on the swarm ( or at least i hope they don't ... that thing is a disgrace to all TR players)

don't get me wrong tho its good that they add more content but not at such a high cost >.> and problems that were there a few months ago are still there >.>
  9. Peebuddy

Daybreak is making the swarm partly because it's already coded because of the striker.

When you're trying to introduce as much as you can you look to see what you've already done so you can cut corners. Just look at the striker 3.0, came out after they coded the coyotes. Why can't they track land vehicles? Because the coyotes couldn't.

It's just a matter of a small team trying to get the most out of their work with limited resources.
    • Up x 3
  10. Ryo313

that still a poor excuse for ripping of the ESRL of the TR and giving it to everyone.
    and why introduce more "broken" weapons when you have tons of existing ones to fix first?
  11. ALN_Isolator

Money.

I just hope they know that if fractures were good I would probably buy them with DBC.
  12. eldarfalcongravtank

the NS Swarm is totally pointless to me. it's like they are trying to reintroduce the old (lock-on) Striker as an NS weapon but with some weird variable firemode... i dont know, it's just so strange. like i dont remember anybody ever asking for a new lock-on launcher.:confused:

instead, DGC pretty much ignored our requests for new NS guns like:
    - NS high-capacity LMG
    - NS Bullpup Assault Rifle
    - NS Recoilless Rifle (high-velocity low-drop dumbfire)
    - NS AP mine
    - NS Bolt-Action Sniper
    - NS "Desert Eagle" (high-damage semi-auto pistol)
    - NS Uzi (automatic secondary)
    - NS Multiple Grenade Launcher (in game files but not usable ingame)
    - NS Max Grenade Launcher (in game files but not usable ingame)
    - NS Max Flamethrower (in game files but not usable ingame)
    - NS Max HMG (still in the making, apparently)

hey, but no, DGC want to give us A NEW LOCK-ON LAUNCHER! yes, guys, this is what we have wanted the entire time, right? there is no other potential for fresh new game-changing NS weapons anyway so why not a new lock-on rocket launcher, hmm?:rolleyes:
    • Up x 6
  13. Silkensmooth

So they can make money off of noobs who can't L2P.

Of course it will be overpowered so that everyone will buy one, and then it will get nerfed.

Basically why these cash shop games kinda suck.

This game could be great if it was balanced around gameplay and not making money.

Oh well at least it is FREE.
    • Up x 1
  14. 0fly0

Of course it's only for money, that's why we only have new weapon and armor skin, they do not fix the game or add real content but in a few month they have make more vehicule armor than soe in 2 years...
  15. Noooooch

It's gonna be useful for getting air deterrence medals for the Heavy Assault Auraxium Armor
  16. Tbone

Yepp its a cash grab just like every NS weapon.
  17. NinjaKirby

I'm trying to picture the Developers in there morning team meeting, or sitting behind their desks briefly lurking Forumside before piling through thousands of lines of code (in preperation of adding more Camo to the Market place, of course).

Is their reaction to your remark:

A) "But... we genuinely think this is a good idea, how can you Forumside **** not see this?"
    B) *Groans*
    C) "Damnit, they've seen through our plans again, if we don't say any thing it'll be fine"
    D) "Haha, some of you ******* still gonna cough up the monies tho"
    • Up x 2
  18. ALN_Isolator

Pretty much.
  19. Movoza

They NEVER fix any problems! Invulnerability bug, ejection seat bug, sunderer spawn bug.... Nothing gets fixed! All they do is produce extra content!

Although I agree that the NS weapons should actually be low in number and be avoided by the devs most of the time, I just can't agree with the rest of your statement. While understaffed, they have begun to create more content, including es weapons, while combating bugs under the new rule of Daybreak.
    The Swarm should have been the new TR striker and the old striker scrapped, but alas. Still, I'm curious to all the changes that will come...
  20. Ryo313

NC and VS would cry alot if that happened... now only TR is angry .

as much as i like new content and to see the game develope... witch each peace added there comes more bugs to fix and the old ones don't disappear from themself.

they never fix problems and that is a huge problem. it only makes the vicious circle bigger till the point where nothing is working and they have to shut it down / start anew.