why do we die after we destroy the constructions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by breeje, May 5, 2016.

1. breeje

really? suicide as soon as we destroy the core and all vehicles destroyed
    why not a delay of 10 to 15 seconds so we have time to escape
    give us a self destruction alert and xp for all the players who precipitated in the destruction of the core

it's only fair to reward the players instead of punishing them
    now i and my team walk/drive around the constructions in a big circle cause we don't want all our vehicles destroyed

DBG you implemented the constructions to change the game for the better
    the only thing what big outfits do is avoiding them like the pest, fix this please
  2. iPervy

It is working as intended. The core is designed so that all the people inside the base trying to defend would die when the hive goes boom. If you kill yourself because you parked yourself right in front of it then its on you, or a sacrificial risk you decided to make. Also giving it 10-15 seconds before the boom also gives the defending baddies more time to escape the explosion or repair/regroup.
    • Up x 1
  3. Taemien

Because Stackpoole.

4. Chubzdoomer

If the core is destroyed and you're nearby, that's on you. Quite frankly, you deserve to die in that situation.

If it can't possibly be repaired faster than it's taking damage, get the hell out of the base before it blows. Those are the "10-15 seconds" you're asking for.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pelojian

i don't know about anyone else but wouldn't it be cool if the damage and blast radius scaled to the amount of refined cortium in the HIVE? i.e 1000/10000 would net a small explosion and 9000/10000 would yield a huge one?

in other words when a core is near completing the refining of 10000 cortium for a VP it will explode catastrophically and one that has just emptied it's hopper as it were would only yield a small explosion like now.
  6. FeralBoy

Strangely I was the lone dissenting voice in the board room when they chose MacGruber to head up the dev team on HIVE core implementation...

7. Khallixtus

Everyone dies because the entire place EXPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODES!
  8. _itg

I don't see why it's a problem for people to have a few seconds to escape. That would just make for a short mop-up/last stand fight, which most people enjoy (more kills for everyone). I think the main reason for the giant explosion is simply to stop the defenders from just building a new HIVE on top of the old one, reusing the entire base. You don't really need all the infantry to die to accomplish that, though.
    • Up x 1
  9. FateJH

When SCUs and generators used to explode painfully, even killing in a certain radius, that often didn't cause people to keep a distance from it or move away as it was going down. Quite frequently, a team of Combat Medics was required to go in and pick everyone up if there wasn't a second team to take over from the first.
    I forget the justification why they removed the deadly exploding base assets. I believe it may have ben something about making holding strategic rooms difficult.
  10. Armegmus

It's a reactor. Reactors tend to explode when they're messed with like we do. Be aware of it, and make yourself sparse once it's destroyed; if you stick around, it's frankly your own damn fault. It's not a massive range; if you're right next to the HIVE when it's destroyed, 5 seconds of pure sprinting away from it will get you almost out of the blast range.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pfundi

Well, my first base assault was as follows:
    Dumping 30 rockets into a turret, dying 20 times during the process because of those damn turrets (and cloakers). Then getting 30XP for it and dying yet another time because we won the battle.
    Sure was fun. Not.
  12. Gammit

As other's have mentioned, it's not that you suicide. The generator explodes and it kills those nearby.